1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

I also have a dd1 and absolutely no problems

• Like Like x 1
  2. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the release candidate model is going to help increase the numbers and avoid frustration for the average gamer. People on the forums will download the RC, find and report bugs and then when the fix comes out, they make it official and everyone else gets the updates. That means the YouTubers will generally make the videos from the official versions that are a bit more polished.

It will take another month or two (according to what Renato said in the interview) before all current content receives similar attention. He also mentioned adding to capability to limit tire sets, which will be cool to see in custom championships (at least I assume that will be controllable by the player).

Also, at this point, PC2 isn't way ahead of AMS2 anymore. PC2, R3E and RF2 are all pretty equal nowadays (~850 peak) and AMS2 is closing in quickly...

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. richiehatchet

richiehatchet New Member

Try setting Anisotropic Filtering to 16x in Nvidia Control Panel for AMS2. For some reason the in-game setting stopped working for me recently.

4. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

Hi, guys. I really appreciate the latest physics and development, but I still tkink that it would be great if the sim will recreate the power-assisted steering properly. With non-assisted steering wheels there isn't problem, but for example I feel very heavy the steering force effects on Porsche GT3 (in general, on all the power-assisted models). And it's not valid to decrease the gain to 50 % or whatever, because in this case we decrease all the effects and power-assist only decreases the normal strengh force. Sorry for my English... I didn't enjoy this feature in any simulator, it would be great that AMS2 will be the first one. :p

• Like Like x 2
  5. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Limited tyre sets is really important for me. I find it annoying that once I return to the pits my tyres become all brand new, giving me no chance to assess tyre performance at all.

There is another thing that I do not see mentioned anywhere, but I've noticed for quite a while already: once you pit, regardless of any pit strategy, water temperature (not sure, but I guess brake temps too) are reset. Again, not to be confused with engine repair - as I said, regardless of the strategy you set, the temps are simply reset.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
  6. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Road cars are great but they present a major issue for a developer. There are a LOT of road cars with new popular models constantly releasing. Licensing these would be too costly for a title like AMS2. Better to leave them to GT7, which can serve as an entry point for sim racing. For those that get hooked, GT7 is just the tip of the iceberg lol.

When it comes to cars and tracks "that no one knows" you have to remember that at some point in our past, all cars and tracks were unknown to us. It's hard to imagine now but I didn't know about the Nordschleife until it was announced for Gran Turismo 4!

Games can help to create new generations of fans (that racing organizations hope will flock to their streaming services). As time goes on and racing becomes more electrified/hybridized, the experience of attending a vintage racing event will become even more special. But...you still need exposure to a wide variety of cars and games are the best way to do that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's good to know, thanks, will try that.

8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think this was meant to drop in the December or January update, was mentioned by Renato in one of his release posts at the time, it has gone very quiet regarding this feature since that time. Maybe it wasn't as close to being finished as they hoped.

9. RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD

RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD Member

Testing a little bit with different FFB settings, going to the default stetting (non +) abd lowering the gain, I minimize the non center effect of the SV8.

10. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Casual gamers will flock to the Forza Horizons, Gran Tursimos and official F1 games and what have you. Nerdy, niche sims will only ever appeal to nerdy, niche markets... With the hope of maybe luring in some small portion of the mass-market when they discover that F1 car handles way more convincingly than the one Codies made, geared toward controller users.

Even very successful sim titles like AC cannot hope to ever achieve the sales of the big publishers, and they've done incredibly well, and still are.

The best Reiza can do IMO is what they already have with the F1 Ultimate.
    As well as maybe do the advertising and social media thing a little better.

Who knows, maybe a crowd will come when a certain person releases a certain 992 mod...:p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

thank you for allowing me to have my own opinion. AMS2 ad-free is relatively close to PC2 after 5 years.
    Thinking that the large number of sales of Forza and Gran Turismo is due to the presence of road car seems to me a very simplistic route.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Have to agree about the demo , if that was my only experience of AMS2 I wouldn't be purchasing the full game . I really don't think it represents the true nature of the SIM one bit .

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't allow anything, you have the right to think what you want, and it is not thanks to me.
    And I can tell you that the popularity of Forza or GT is thanks to road cars. Every Forza Motorsport cover cars are road cars, and this is because it appeal more people. This is a fact, not my opinion. When you check most viewed videos of youtube on those games, you'll see road cars.
    So now, my opinion: good road cars, a demo with a large range of quality cars to appeal more people, then the already excellent content will keep players on the game and probably open the world of simulation to many new players.

14. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Désolé, je ne peux pas être d'accord avec vous. Vos déclarations vous appartiennent uniquement. Et ce n'est pas parce que vous le répétez que c'est un fait.
    Là où je suis d'accord avec vous, c'est pour la version démo qui n'est pas à la hauteur de ce que propose AMS2

15. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think road cars do appeal to the average guy for the same reason GT3 and GT4 appeal to the average sim racer: they look cool and it is something they desire to drive IRL but most simply can't.

However I don't think it is enough to bring people in. The most efficient way to bring people is to surf some hype wave, exactly what happened when AMS2 released the F1 Ultimate Gen 2. No other "proper" studio has done that (RSS is amazing, but still a mod), Reiza was the first to officially release such content and it massively attracted people in, and the quality of it kept many of those people using AMS2.

The next opportunity window I foresee to surf a new wave is the upcoming Indy 500 with Reiza releasing the Racin' USA part 3 pack with ovals (and hopefully Indy included). Unfortunately the timing seems to be off, and Reiza will have to skip this wave.

Timing is really key when it comes to sales.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  16. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

Well, I've just put overall gain at 20 % in game, 50 % of gain in garage and 100 % in my SC2 Pro driver (25 Nm) and now maybe it's similar to power-assisted feeling. But i'm not sure at all and it would be great if dev team can tell me something about this to clarify my doubts. Thank you.

17. Beezer215

Beezer215 Member

Yes. I agree with this. I've always wanted to go to the pits and assess the wear of the car. Not have it reset. I want to see the tire wear. What would be wonderful is if we had the option to click what area of the car we want reset. That way, we can practice with worn tires and have the ability to still go to the pits and change other areas of the setup. It would be nice to individually fix tire wear, engine wear, brake, clutch and so on. That way we can feel and learn better how each car is wearing without having to do 30 practice laps in a row each time between pits.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Because multilayer sucks and has not been significantly improved since the beginning. Stupid bug like going back from lobby does not get you to server list as one would expect but to main menu. Wtf how hard it can be to fix that? No. I lost hope for any MP improvements. Look at last 5 patch notes and try to find something related to MP.

19. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

cool down boy. Maybe @Reiza won t focus on MP. Mess with iRacing or ACC when it comes to MP could be hard

20. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Er, I only have to go back one changelog to find an MP improvement. Yesterday's update:
    • Added Filter functionality to multiplayer browser
    I've already found that lobbies that don't show even after hitting the refresh button several times show up straight away when using the filter.

• Like Like x 1