1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiplayer: Repeated Random Disconnects

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by neal, May 4, 2022.

1. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a problem with the Release version of AMS2, it does not happen with the Beta.

When connected on-line to a lobby or the TT service, I get disconnection problems after only a short while, sometimes less than a minute. Often I can barely get the out lap completed before the Disco. I have no idea how to trouble shoot this or what to look for or inspect. Any pointers would be most welcome as this is ruining my on-line play. It doesn't make a difference which session is running, it still happens. I tried the most recent RC from yesterday? and it is still doing the discos.

2. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

bump
    @CrimsonEminence any ideas on what I should look for, inspect etc.

if the beta and release versions are identical match, does that mean you can join an mp release version session using the beta version?

3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Check, that AMS2 is excluded by firewalls and antivirus applications, disable UDP in AMS2 system settings if not happened yet. Can't give much more advice right now, unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Usually this problem happens when Steam itself becomes (temporarily) unavailable for any reason (usually a problem in the local area), at least this was causing it in PCARS2. When this happens again, quickly check the Steam app, does it say it's currently offline? If yes, that's the problem and unfortunately at least right now there's no solution (except for somehow making sure Steam is always available), as AFAIK the engine requires Steam to be available at all times during multiplayer and TT.

• Like Like x 1