1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I tested out the latest from Stakanov and it's very informative and also heavy on my DD1 which I know I can adjust the file and overcome that.

The thing that stood out to me is the wheel doesn't go light when grip is lost on the front. I've tried adjusting the slip_crossover items to what I'm using in my custom based 5.0.1.4 file but I wasn't able to get anything better in the limited time I had.

As a reference this is my custom file based off of the default 5.0.1.4 which I further adjusted the slip_crossover items and it goes light just when the front tires have lost grip.

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 4
  2. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Yes, thiago, that's why I share my experiences and try to pass them on to everyone. If I didn't care then I could keep it to myself, I just want all these opportunities to be there. And as I said, I never said that Stakanov's file is bad, on the contrary. It's simply constructive criticism that his but also my custom is progressing, then everyone benefits from it:)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Danielkart

hey ! Thanks for your custom will definitely test it :)Yes, I know what you mean, but it is also very different from the cars. The steering should be easier if you lose grip. Take the Formula 1 ultimate 2019. Look at the wheels when braking and release the brake. Wonderful to see and feel, but then there are other cars where you can hardly feel anything. It's a bit of a compromise I guess

4. spyke70

spyke70 New Member

Ne ho provati molti, ma il mio preferito rimane rFuktor 5.0.1.4-experimental8
    sempre testato con 911 GTE Olton Park
    Io uso Simcube 2 pro.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's good to know. I'm really curious to hear from the other Simucube 2 users out there...they have been very quiet recently...

Last edited: May 10, 2022
  6. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have to say, I have liked @Stakanov's files, up to v1.1 of his latest Atmos file. The wheel shakes like crazy before I even start a race. Then it shakes more as I take off. Unfortunately I didn't even make it to turn one. This is the only file that has done this to me. I tried putting all my values from an earlier version in it, but still did it. Changed back to v1.0 and the wheel was normal again. Something is not right in v1.1 for me.

• Useful Useful x 2
  7. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Where are you guys? @Panos Schoino @Shadak @Karsten Hvidberg

8. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

As i feel that the game ffb has been deteriorated for me in the last (or 1 version before the last) update (ss we are in 1.3.6.1 as we speak) what custom file can i use from here to test it?

Also any suggestions about both control panel and in game settings?

G27 user here

9. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Hey Chip,

I, at least, am following the thread, but that is all.

My rig is not in a good shape, brake-pedal not really working so well (any advice on a rig that is simple to attach buttkicker etc on to is appreciated from anybody) .

In general it would have been fun if the file had been added to the game as some default ffb profile, but that did not happen, unf. and for me it became way too diminishing returns on both improvements as well as people having to spend time configuring custom ffb files.

It is awesome that several other people have picked up the torch instead.

Best,

-K

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

G27 here.
    I always search a better FFB.
    My settings in game are:
    Gain: 38 (low forces to prevent overheating)
    LFB :59
    FX :50
    Damping : 50
    Menu spring . 0

Attached: my FFB CUSTOM settings, started from a very good base named

rFuktor 5.0.1.4-experimental5 - By Karsten with Shadak, Panos, I've tweaked for my personal taste.

And below my logitech settings.
    Hope it's useful
    :)

Attached Files:
    [​IMG]
    bandicam 2022-05-10 01-21-03-985.jpg

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

@cuadolo thanks :)

My issue with your settings is that you dont use the default recommended settings in your g27 control panel :( (thus 100/0/0/0).

My cp settings are the defaults recommended by Reiza (but instead of gain 100 i use 65, just to be on the safer side) and i wouldn't want to change those ones because all my other games will be affected too.

But i will try it

• Like Like x 1
  12. Danielkart

I can confirm this, it quickly became clear to me yesterday when testing. ricxx put it nicely yesterday, it's no use if you just give a thumbs up, or agree, or post a heart. So there is a stall in the custom file. I too prefer it when you tell me what's wrong, what's not good or what could be improved. Then we'll get further, whether it's Stakanov, Kuku, Karsten or someone else or me. Everyone brings new ideas or experiences that one may need. No file is bad there are only things that can be improved or optimized for the benefit of all people:)

• Like Like x 3
  13. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks @Michael Enright ... this is very usfull for me ... this shakes happens only with ATMOS 1.1 and with ATMOS 1.0 no, or both???? ... and you return on ATMOS 1.0 or in GRIP 1.0 ... if i not mistake for you Grip&Stretch v2.1 are ok or pleasure ... thanks for this,.is possible what you experience, and i look in the code for wrong implemetation and for reduce the shake on start, if not is the wrong code i think that is the FL_start_load in the suspension ... then thanks for the time references of the problems!! ;)
    --------------------------------------------

Then I understood from others arguments (@Danielkart ) that there is a load and steering hardness problem especially on DD ... which is parallel to a further load problem in the suspension when accelerating in low gears (is linked to Michael experience). As I said, I think it is normal being a v1.0 to be calibrated and adjusted .... I multiplied everything by 4 and above all the bumps and suspensions are very invasive and must be kept under contro.
    --------------------------------------------
    They also report generalized heaviness on the other files after updating the game to version 1.3.6.1!!! However, version 1.3.6.1 has improved many aspects but ruined many others as the excessive load on the wheels and the hardness of the steering ... even the file 5.0.1 is no longer as beautiful as before and the load heavy is even here and the high values on the items "velocity" not function as before!!!

I need references, not useless fights ... I can't do anything for now because iì'm away to home but I'll see as soon as possible!!! ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Michael Enright

I am glad it's not just me then. I would not have a clue where to start to alleviate the issue. There are a lot of different lines in v1.1 that weren't in v1.0. Hopefully you or @Stakanov will get a chance to have a look. For now, my go to is either Stakanov's rFactor 5-0-1-4 4W.GRIP & STRETCH-MOD V2.1 (WITH YAW) or his rFactor 5-0-1-4 4W.GRIP & STRETCH-MOD V2.1 (NO YAW). I'll have to try his rFactor 5-0-1-4 4W.GRIP & STRETCH-MOD V2.1 (NO YAW) file and compare.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This for me is gold .... thanks!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Michael Enright

This shake only happens with v1.1. None of your other files do this. As you can see above, I use a couple of your files as my go to after experimenting with new ones and not liking them. Hopefully when you get back you will be able to fix the issue. For now, just take it easy for a while.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. 3StringCigar

3StringCigar New Member

I got my buttkicker from Racekraft and they convinced me to install it on the back on my seat like in this image RaceKraft Stage 5 Pro Motion Simulator
    I am very happy with how it works.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Danielkart

Hey Karsten! I have a buttkicker gamer2 and am very satisfied. I attached it behind the chair, there are also extra attachment tubes for the buttkicker:)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Danielkart

Yes, I agree with you Stakanov. The update made things a little harder. As you know, I always work with force (Nm) . After the update, I had about 1Nm more power on the base. That's actually not much, but I think that it had a lot more impact on the files above 5.01. But Michael says that your 1.0 doesn't have that if I understood him correctly? I should have a look at your 1.0 too. I don't know why that is, but I'll keep at it

20. Michael Enright

Yes you understand correctly. v1.0 does not shake the wheel around. When I am initially on the grid everything is fine, but as soon as I increase the revs, the wheel starts to shake pretty bad. As I take off it gets quite violent, enough to have to push Pause and exit the race.

• Informative Informative x 3