1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyre Wear too slow

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Txerokk96, May 9, 2022.

1. Txerokk96

Txerokk96 New Member

Hi all!
    I just to tell that tyre wear its too slow, I have set it to real and after almos 40 laps at spielberg with the v10 gen 2 I have almost no wear, and the same thing happens in other categories, i dont think thats very realisistic... so i want to ask you if your tyre wear is the same as mine... i have to tell you that i never made a reeset betwen updates so I dont know if that matters.

Cheers!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

are u driving fast?
    if u arent on the limit, the tirewear wont be nearly like how they wear on the real ones

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Txerokk96

Txerokk96 New Member

Yes!! I just delete the savegame folder just in case... And i try the 2019 f1 wirth softs on interlagos driving to the limit but... Again tyre wear is too slow, after 10 laps they are just only a bit of wear, that doesnt seem right...

I hear you!

4. MasterLooser

i did a CART race a couple days ago on long beach, online, and the tires wore pretty fast.
    was like 15-20 laps and then the thing became pretty much undrivable

5. Txerokk96

Txerokk96 New Member

Maybe in your race are set to a high wear tyre (2x, 3x etc) but when they are set to real wear its just toooo slow, thanks for reply!

6. MasterLooser

i have spoken to the server hoster, it was set to real

7. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The F-USA Gen 2/3 soft tyres are an outlier as they wear way faster than every other tyre in the game. I wish they could make most tyre wear half as fast as the F-USA softs and twice as fast as most F1 tyres. Just seems very random at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Txerokk96

Txerokk96 New Member

Totaly agree with you... I hope de devs make something in this. For me right now tyre wear is totaly unrealistic so i hope 2x wear make it more real.

9. Josh Naipaul

Josh Naipaul New Member

Is there a way to tell tyre wear from the hud?, all I see is bar and temperature.

10. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Don't know how fast and efficiently you are driving, but my tires don't use to survive for too many laps.

Also, I usually change tires after 1/3 of it's degradation (that is enough to considerably prejudice my lap times). How far do you use to go before change yours?