ASR Formula is in game with AMS!

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Links & Resources' started by hex, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes i have it working now and -3500 is about right.
    Don't like the way it has a separate entry for every car. Hope they fix the VEH on them

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

On this mod, make sure you install the realfeel upgrade when you choose your car with the install button

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry to all i offended, but i'm serious about not liking mods for AMS.

They just make it harder to get in a public server with some other people.
    If the Modded Car/Track combinations would be visible in the Leaderboards it will add to the value.
    But in combination with the Quality of the AI in AMS, the mall functioning DeltaBAR and more people racing in leagues then in Public servers. I'm in not need for MODs.

But you are all free to like them.

(@hex I removed my dislikes, You are right i overreacted)

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Frederic

Frederic Badexample

Downloaded all the cars for AMS.. Loving it! Thanks a lot for the link! Must buy mods! Wicked sound and fun!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

Note that these are not going to be pay mods. Once they are 1.0 they will be free. We are only paying now to support the modders and to gain early access to betas.
    I got the McLaren MP4/6 today...life just got a little better. :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

why do you need this when reiza classic version will probably surpass it in every way?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

I kinda agree. While the models, in this and in many other mods, looks nice I'm very suspicious with the physics.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Dann Murillo

You guys might want to try these mods before you say something like that. In the first place we are talking about mods that are specific year (91 & 92) cars vs fantasy Classic cars which are based on the 80s turbo car era. The asr mods all have visual differences and the engine manufacturers all sound different. Believe me, I love the Formula Classic and it is even our next car of choice in my F1 league but the asr mods are no joke and also not really comparable to the Formula Classic. If we were going to compare them to a Reiza car it would be more like the Formula V12 dream machine. :):)
    F1-SR (now ASR) have been around a long time. They originally made these cars in RF1. The physics were amazing back then and they do not disappoint in AMS either. This is definitely a more polished mod vs what we had in RF1.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Jebus

Why would we compare V10 cars to V12? Isn't Formula Classic with V10 engine and loosely based exactly to MP4/4-6?

10. Dann Murillo

Well I supposed you're kind of right boss. The asr cars seem to fit about in between those 2 Reiza cars. The F-Classic is late 80s and F-V12 is mid 90s. I guess compared however you want, the asr cars can hold their own. Either way it's just a mod and you certainly do not have to download it or even like. I personally think it's brilliant.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Dann Murillo

A visual comparison of the 3 aforementioned cars, for fun. Senna Senna Senna! :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Msportdan

to be far I've been running the RF2 ASR 91 cars at adelaide recently i think its one of the most scariest cars in a sim you can get (truly great job i think. captures the thrill of these i can imagine).
    But in rf2 theres nothing to equal that. Im not disrespecting the work i just think its too close to reizas version. maybe not vo. Suppose if these were free in ams, but their no Bit hard to justify the price when theres a devs version.

To add i think the physics/feel were better in the 91 cars than in the 92 ASR season mod. After comparing them back to back, and i had visual glitches in that, like the benetton/ferrari engine cover being all black.

13. Dann Murillo

You can currently download the AMS 91 base mod + the Ferrari for free. The rest will be free once the mod is complete. And I agreed on 91, that mod has always been superior in the set of 91-92-93-94. The 94 mod was always the next best one. Then 92, then 93. For me anyway...

• Like Like x 1
  14. hashegotabeard

hashegotabeard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure if you really wanted you can set these up to run with the Reiza physics.

The SuperV8 extra vehicles by PATRIOT use the stock physics by Reiza. You get the best of both worlds, then.

15. Dann Murillo

Oh for sure you can do that with any car if you like. The hdv files are not available in AMS but we can still point cars to them in the veh files like this:

HDVehicle=F_V12\F_V12.hdv <- that pretty much does it all
    Graphics=F_V12.gen
    Spinner=F_V12_Spinner.gen
    //Upgrades="F_V12_Upgrades.ini"
    GenString=BLK
    Cameras=F_V12_Cams.cam
    Sounds=F_V12.sfx
    HeadPhysics=F_V12_Headphysics.ini
    Cockpit=F_V12_cockpitinfo.ini

This is not necessary with the asr mods though as they have legit physics.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Jebus

And you have confirmed this how, other than your personal subjective feel?

Their Ferrari 643 for AC seems to have two big mistakes in their physics (LINK), so I will remain very suspicious about the physics side of the cars.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Dann Murillo

LOL, dude then try them yourself or don't. The mod is free. ASR has been modding for years. I have ran several series with their cars and physics over the years. I didn't realize you investigated all of the physics of every car. It is kind of funny though since you cannot even see the physics hdv files in all of the stock AMS cars. So are you suspicious of those as well? I stand corrected and I would probably suggest that you pass on this mod. Sorry for the sarcasm...you got me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Msportdan

the car for AC and the car for RF2 cant really be compared - and even so the reviews for that particular car is pretty good.

19. Jebus

Are you ok there? Maybe sit down and relax.

Not suspicious of the experties of Niels & Renato no. But I don't know who is the physics guy in ASR team and don't know about his past work for GSC/AMS.

But you can stop answering (to me) now. You seem to have nothing credible to give to the issue/question.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Dann Murillo

Anyway guys I am just passionate about sim racing and I am hardly upset. As far as I know there are no physics issues other than what Jebus is talking about in another mod in Assetto Corsa. We all have the AMS F1 physics so for those of us who are suspicious we can provide feedback to ASR if we see mistakes or issues. And as is the case with any mod it comes down to if an individual likes it or not and that's about it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1