1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

And on ACC.

2. Kuerva

Kuerva New Member

Please, check gear ratios at least of GT3 and GTE cars, with some car you can change values and other not, if by regulations in GT3 is not possible to change gear ratios, disable option and check the inconsistency between cars of same class

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I checked and it already was on "units".

Upon checking the suspension screenshot after having changed the setting to units and back, there are also no differences to my current setup, so the provided screenshot should be correct.

4. think

think New Member AMS2 Club Member

Multiplayer is dead now. I hope Reiza will do something to push it in the near future...

• Disagree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  5. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

i vote for the name change... formula 67, formula 75..etc

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wrong. It is much more alive than it has ever been, but I agree AMS2 still strongly needs MP attention.

Third-party scheduled races systems out there are great, but still not popular, unfortunately. An entry on the main menu of AMS2 would greatly help them reach more users.

What has been pretty annoying lately is the sheer lack of common sense to the majority of the people racing the F-Ultimate Gen 2 online. The lack of punishment for bad on-track behaviour makes public lobbies for such car more like Mario Kart than anything else... no resemblance of a proper sim race at all.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You know what it is with F1. People have little experience. Think they can drive F1. Overestimate their skill, etc. Think F1 brakes instantly or so. (Well nearly does) and speed is just too fast for them, thus people crash. Also probably lack of CC or/and radar in Simhub.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I believe they don't mention the years on purpose just to be sure FOM keeps off their backs

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Kuerva

Kuerva New Member

I hope or wish that when AMS2 arrives at simracing-gp it will be more popular and decent MP races can be run, although it still lacks a lot due to the inconsistency of the setups in cars of the same class as I have commented above, in addition to adjusting the BOP in some categories.

And as I see that type of details are not among their short-term objectives, they continue to improve the physical model of the different components, which is great and releasing new content. I would like to see more updates like these last ones improving, solving and updating things of the existing content, but there are a lot of pressure for the content to arrive and they have to meet dates and promises to season pass buyers.

In my case, I have the season pass but I prefer quality to unpolished content.
    Whatever you do, great job Reiza, keep it up! it's my favorite racing simulator and luckily it has a good AI haha

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Apex

Apex Active Member

I think the F-Vintage Gen2 cars cover 1969-71. The Lotus was still entered in F1 in '71 and the Brabham was used for the Tasman Series that same year though with little success.

I have a little pet peeve regarding the '70s tracks; since we have a terrific '75 F1 grid, I'd really wish the tracks would represent that same year as well. If Spielberg, Interlagos, Imola, Hockenheim and Kyalami were set in the same year, you could have a credible mini-championship right there. Silverstone is perfect of course, and if you add chicanes to Monza this one is good to go as well.

I suppose this is my main gripe with AMS2 that some of the historic stuff is a little scattered.

1988 on the other hand is really, really awesome as there are loads of tracks for Classic Gen2 and Group C, and it's a fun year to drive.

11. Apex

Apex Active Member

Just to clarify; it's not like I'm totally OCD about minor anachronisms, I mean whenever I feel sudden bursts of anger or have a panic attack I just scream into my pillow and it will pass quickly. I've found that a cup of tea and some fresh air help as well, so no worries.

:whistle:

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Andy

Andy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Does anyone know if the issue with having Manual Failures turned ON in multiplayer has been resolved with this update?

13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

What issue do you mean?

14. Andy

The one where engine temps are flying through the roof causing engines to blow oif you have it turned on.

This one

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

Yes, that's fixed.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Andy

Great, thank you

17. sgsfabiano

Not fixed for karts.

Engines still overheat, regardless of setup or handling.

Edit: I think someone mentioned also that left (or right) rear brakes also overheat, but I'm not sure.

18. CrimsonEminence

Because that's a different issue and Karts are under review.

• Like Like x 2
  19. sgsfabiano

Fair enough.

Changing subject: please folks of MP, give it a go to the 70's Formula 1 cars. I've a feeling Reiza nailed them - look how Leclerc is massively struggling to handle Gilles Villeneuve's F312T:

Looks exactly what I experience with those amazing cars in AMS2, handling them on proper 70's/80's tracks is incredibly fun.

Unfortunately I don't think such cars receive their deserved attention from the multiplayer community.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

I'd say the list is pretty accurate. I always thought one of the Classic Gen 2 cars looked a lot like the 1989-1990 Eurobrun car. The other is an Mp4-4 and I can't identify the 3rd.