1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The framrate drop is because the GPU is not fully addressed in TT, you will see that the ratio between GPU usage and framerate is the same in Practise and TT. Why the GPU is not fully addressed is not known but previously reported

2. WingmanBOT

WingmanBOT New Member

Yeah, I saw that thread but I have not had any issues in the past with any cars, on any track when TT, although with a i9 9900k and a 3090 I might be brute forcing it.

What ever is happening with the FU2022, it appears to be highlighting the issue as its 100% repro on any track.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Build: 1.3.5.2
    Car Used
    : BMW M4 GT4
    Report: Graphical glitch. Strange green light flickers in the top of the lights of the rev counter.
    Steps to reproduce: both VR and pancake upload_2022-5-2_18-11-44.png

4. Pollinflas

Pollinflas New Member AMS2 Club Member

I noticed it today, only with FU2022. I was going to fill the bug report but I saw yours. No problems in VR with other cars in TT.

5. WingmanBOT

WingmanBOT New Member

Do you have a intel platform? I’ve heard (very) antidotal evidence that those with AMD don’t see the issue.

• Like Like x 1
  6. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Version: V.1.3.6.0 (release candidate)
    Car: F_USA Gen3
    Track: Various/ default setup

Tyres are enourmously hot just after a few laps (~110°, orange colour on the HUD) without pushing car to the limit or locking tyres up when braking.

Edit: It is the same with Gen1 and 2

Last edited: May 4, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Flying_Hawkic

Flying_Hawkic Member

Build: 1.3.5.2 (I think)
    Car Used
    : Puma GT
    Track: Monza Junior
    Report: Graphical glitch. Mirrors do not work in VR (they are blurry and cannot be used).
    Steps to reproduce: Online race during qualifying and during the night (VR). I have raced at Laguna Seca with the same care before (but during daytime), and the mirrors worked perfectly. I have had the same issue with the BMW GT3 in the past (at any track) but did not try it again recently, so I don't know whether it was patched in the mean time.

8. Apex

Apex Active Member

Version: V.1.3.6.0 RC
    Car: F-Vintage Gen1
    Track: Imola 1972
    Applicable Settings: Replay only (AFAIK)
    Report: Some cars are floating/hovering over the track, a few drivers seem to have 'fallen asleep' in their cockpit and there's the recurring 'flashing helmet' issue like with other open-wheelers.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Version: V.1.3.6.0 RC
    Car: Mercedes AMG GT3
    Track: Spa
    Applicable Settings: 4-hour race, change default strategy to tires/fuel only
    Report: drove about one hour then pressed pit request and selected option to swap to AI. Pit stop occurred normally and AI took over; however car only took fuel despite tires (automatic by weather) being selected and animation showing tires being changed; AI drove a single lap and immediately returned to pits (without my intervention) to take more fuel and tires again; this second time tires were replaced.

10. lozarcher

lozarcher Loz

Track & Layout Used: Cascais Alternate
    Car Used: Ginetta G55 GT4 Supercup
    Applicable Settings: Test Day
    Report: Setup reverting to previously saved values
    Steps to reproduce: Video attached

11. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Some TV cams in replays on the historic layouts of Hockenheim are still broken, showing trees and the audience instead of cars on track. Especially when you switch from one car to the next.

12. daniel monteiro

daniel monteiro Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Donington National / Tarumã
    Car Used: Stock Car 1986 and Sprint Race / '60s Mini
    Applicable Settings: Sunny / Cloudy and Sunny
    Report: When driving, there are weird reflections inside the car. For example, the red and white kerbs at Donington would be reflected vividly in cockpit view on the windscreen top banner of both cars, which made a bright red and white flash. / The kerbs, track and grass all reflect different kinds of light into the cockpit of the car (noticeable on the ceiling of the car.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive any car with a closed cockpit at any track in sunny conditions, drive over a kerb and notice the reflections on the windscreen banners or ceilings of the car.

13. Flying_Hawkic

Flying_Hawkic Member

Build: 1.3.6.1.
    Car Used
    : Stock car 2017
    Track: Goiania
    Report: Championship of the Brazilian stock cars of 2017 starts at Goiania and the session settings mention that there is no mandatory pitstop, but during the race you get a notification that the "mandatory pit window" is open. Did not check whether it's only on Goiania or other tracks of the championship too.
    Steps to reproduce: Just start a Brazilian stock car championship.

14. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

Build: 1.3.6.1
    Car: McLaren GT1
    Track: Brasilia
    Report: Hard tires are significantly faster than soft tires--by at least 1 sec per lap.
    Steps to reproduce: Start a race on soft tires, pit after a few laps and switch to hards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Theo Lupu

Theo Lupu Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Online Muliplayer with native steam p2p
    Report: Host/s game crashes instantly when going into the session as others are joining, session migrates to new hosts and continues crashing like a domino effect. People trying to join get stuck in the loading screen or in the pits, or on track with AI driving their car. Eventually the whole server goes down due to "session migration failed". This has been happening to us for the past two weeks, the best way to avoid it appears to be the host loading into the session themselves and others joining the session slowly, as if too many pile in at once the whole thing comes down.
    Steps to reproduce: Start an online session with people in lobby and while others are joining, ideally 20+, whole thing crashes.

16. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Build: 1.3.6.1
    Car: McLaren 570S GT4
    Applicable Settings: VR
    Report: In VR, the shoulders and head are not aligned, the head is slightly behind the body. This is the only affected GT4 car.

17. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Build 1.3.6.2.
    Multiclass race (multiplayer) Dpi and GTE, Spa, 20 laps, mandatory pit stop.
    GTE car received no penalty for not pitting. GTEs were on lap 18 when the race finished.

Also same build, multiplayer 15 minute race, grid filled with AI. Caterham Academy at Oulton Park. Qualifying was wet so fastest human was 15th on the grid as the AI were 6-8 seconds faster. The race was in the dry and I won it by a car length or two, but the race results put me in second. (This has happened before with other combos). Could it be that the game times us from the start line to the finish line as opposed to when we cross the finish line?

Edit: Regarding the second 'issue' I reported in this post, it has just occurred to me that (timed) race results are probably based on car positions when the clock reaches zero rather than positions when crossing the line. If that is the case then I think the confusion (mine and others I have discussed this with) arises from the game not indicating that the race is over. Will do some testing... (Both situations I can recall where the results have been 'wrong' involved my taking the lead out of the final corner).

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  18. rmagid1010

Build: 1.3.6.2
    Car: GTE & GT4 Multiclass
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer
    Report: I was server host. Once qualification was finished, I could not press the 'Continue' button, whether i pressed it with my mouse or clicking enter on my keyboard. I quit the game, and checked the lobby afterwards and saw that the race began without me.

[​IMG]

19. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

AI in many car classes achieve same or even better laptimes in race than in qualifying.

20. rmagid1010

Car: BMW M6 GT3
    Applicable Settings: n/a
    Report: strange green spot on rpm led (its not my monitor, its 100% in game). IK it doesnt look like much in the picture but that is because of the image size, at 1080p its noticable. upload_2022-5-14_20-32-0.png

Also the colour sequence of the rpm lights isnt correct, it should be green-yellow-red;
    upload_2022-5-14_20-32-22.png