1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

GT3 is a series where purpose-built 700 hp supercars are competing against small sports cars and luxury saloon cars. It's never gonna be about pure engineering skill or power.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Porsche Cup is nice to drive but its setup screen needs fixing, there's several setup items that look like they can be adjusted when in reality they cannot, anything that cannot be adjusted should be greyed out otherwise it can be kind of confusing.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  3. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

GT3 is where people go when they can't find a seat in an open wheeler series :p:D

Seriously, though, I think the sim should keep the car performance as realistic as they are. After all, this is a sim trying to replicate life. If a replicated series does BoP, then BoP it. If not, do not.

Also, keep in mind some cars (afaik) are intended to replicate the cars that race in Brazilian series, so if IMSA BoPs but the Brazilian counterpart does not, then it should not BoP.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Just wanted to say that I absolutely love the management aspect that has presented itself with the recent tire changes. You now need to think about what you do to the car so the tires don't overheat, and that adds a whole new dimension especially to longer races, which I think just makes the experience a lot, lot richer. Feels much more like a real race that way!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I wouldn't really like them to actually be "equal" in performance then though, more like fixed fuel consumption and tyre use for all cars and have the cars BoPed in performance so they still have their strengths and weaknesses. I am assuming that is what you meant, just to clarify.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

yeah, correct, exactly what i mean, small differences is not bad, but now in some classes there are quite big differences.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I am sorry to say AMS2 fututure is questionable. Mp sucks. Ai sucks big way. Last physics impovement was great but it only tells us how many issues were present in Madnass engine before. Lot of people praisnig the progress but every big step in the physics only tells us that 2 months ago the physics were not right (yes, these physics that you praised as best in the sim racing). Todays physics will be questionable in 2 weeks. This sim is waste of time in my book. Lot of people were questioning the physics before every single update just proves they were right. Every single time I switch between AMS2 and ACC just proves to me that developing GT3 and GT4 inAMS2 is waste of time. There are some classes that probably provide some real data from real teams to Reiza but gt3 and gt4 is for me questionig Reiza competence in relation to other major sims.

Last edited: May 15, 2022
    • Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Are they really 700hp? I thought they were around the 600 mark?

9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The Supercars equivalents for the road are. The McLaren 720S Streetcar has....720 HP for example.
    It's not unusual that GT3 cars are featuring lower power than their road car counterparts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Had a race tonight on Bathurst with the porsche GTE. What an amazing experience that was, just epic combo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dicra

That, to me, is a surprising assessment, because I personally have never been more optimistic about where the sim will be in three years (because that's when I think Reiza will look to finish development).

It lacks a few features, yes. But I think the base is solid on that part and already provides decent racing. I also think that Reiza will have something in the pipeline for MP during the next months.

I agree, and on that front, I've pretty much given up hope. There's just too much wrong with AI for a small team to even come close to fixing in under a decade, especially if you keep adding more and more content that's not optimized on the AI front. Maybe it'll suck a little less one day, but I don't think it'll ever be good. There has not been any significant steps with AI in the right direction since about 1 and a half years, and not due to a lack of trying (as opposed to multiplayer, which just hasn't received as much attention).

I don't think that's the case. To me, it feels like these latest tire revisions are actually the latest big step in a long series of extensive physics updates. After all cars have gotten these updates, I believe that the focus will slightly shift from the groundworks of the physics to other areas of the game. Reiza have repeatedly said they want to have a more stable platform, and the current basis should be able to provide it.

The biggest issue about AMS2 is the relatively slow speed of feature development. If we look at how long it took to implement the championship mode, which is still VERY bare-bones (no ability to reverse grid, low amount of points systems to chose from, no celebration when you win anything...), it's hard to see how any other interesting features (like, say, red flags, weather radar, cautions, the mythical career mode, etc) are going to arrive anytime soon.

Last edited: May 15, 2022
  12. Budgetek

For me it is not worth learning the cars physics. They wil become completely different next week. And Reiza will be praised for this change as most advancing developer of all

• Dislike x 5
    • Funny x 4
    • Disagree x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  13. CrimsonEminence

An update isn't planned for next week so far. :)

• Funny Funny x 18
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Dicra

Slightly polemic, aren't we?

Reiza have officially said they consider the physics "second to none" and strive for far less physics changes in the future. I understand it's hard to trust that, after all it's not the first time they've said that, but the current physics do not have any of the obvious issues that were previously there (like, say, the ability to increase speed by sliding a lot).

• Like Like x 1
  15. Apex

Apex Active Member

I agree. To me the differences seem more subtle on twisty tracks and if you want less predictable SP races you can even out the AI like I did with Group C where the Saubers normally dominate. It does take a bit of testing to get it right though.

Attached Files:

16. Budgetek

Not to tell that Reiza is not able to provide standard and aggresive setup for each and every car track combination. So what we get as default setups with these cars is mostly crap.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. CrimsonEminence

Thank you for your detailed and helpful feedback. We've learned a lot.

You may now stop insulting the developers by evaluating their competence and assuming abilities with all the insight you have gained on the development by AMS2 and enjoy, what you think fits you best.

Have a nice day and happy racing! :)

• Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

MP in current state really sucks indeed - feels absolutely pointless, especially when lobbies are lame 5 or 7 laps long. How can that even be considered a race? Also no real punishment for bad behaviour, no real goal to keep drivers racing til the end. I spend more time browsing for lobbies than racing.

Regarding AI, I also have no hopes for it. Not Reiza's fault though, it is just that AI in no racing game is fun, all of them are boring to race against (have not tried the new iRacing AI though).

AMS2 should be great in at least one of these two (MP or SP), as those are what push the users number up. Just having great physics, amazing FFB and pretty graphics isn't enough. As both MP and SP are, in broad terms, bad experiences for the user, I suspect many users try it once and never come back.

Edit: I'm a prick, so I will repeat myself: when scheduled races popularity kicks in, it will make AMS2 shine

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dicra

Yeah, but that's not a fundamental flaw and can easily fixed by adding scheduled races that are promoted on the menu page whenever you start the game.

EDIT: Ah, I see you already said so yourself.

As for AI, there is one fixable flaw (AI is absolutely unable to overtake and keeps doing pointless non-committed divebombs), and one unfixable flaw (not balanced at all, with pace gaps up to 10 seconds from one car to another in relation to the player, and quick in completely different places to the player).

20. Budgetek

If the latest physiscs changes were second to none I would have never heard about ams2 in my nap. But unfortunately (well fortunately for us simracers) they were quite substantial and I congratulate for this progress to Reiza. I do like it. The question is: how many times do I have to re-learn to drive my favourite cars before Reiza acknowledges AMS2 to be really out of early access..

• Agree Agree x 1