1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheel Oscillation Fanatec CSL DD

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Peter Kroll, May 15, 2022.

1. Peter Kroll

Peter Kroll Just an old guy AMS2 Club Member

Hi fellow sim racers!

I tried AMS2 after a few weeks again.
    Wtf have you guys done to the FFB? My Wheel is oscillating like crazy; i can barely drive on a straight line.
    I was so much looking forward to try AMS2 again, but now i am just shocked and dissappointed.

How can i fix this? Tanks!

2. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

On my DD1 the key to eliminate oscillation is damper = 0 in game, and damper 20-30 in the Fanatec driver / Fanalab

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Peter Kroll

Thank you for the reply, but that didn't help.
    I'll try AMS2 again when this problem is solved (hopefully).

4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Reset setup?
    Calibrate wheel?
    Tune your FFB-settings?
    Verify cache?

Where your determination?

• Like Like x 1
  5. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The problem is on your end, it's not gonna get magically fixed until you tell us your Fanalab settings, in-game sliders etc.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Roland Van de Walle

Roland Van de Walle Member

He is not the only one with this issue FFB & wheel oscillate | Reiza Studios Forum, i have this too and in some cars its really extreme.
    Have done al the things that Marius suggested above but nothing seems to help.
    To Marius this 20220515 2148491 - YouTube is normal but i have a different opinion on this.
    My whole rig is shaking when i let go of the steering wheel
    Even with 100% dampening in the software of my steering wheel its stil there.
    20220515 2158511 - YouTube In the f309 it is acceptable but when i stand stil and press the brake the oscilations gets worse witch makes me think there is something wrong with the signal.
    Would be great if you could test this to see if its hardware related or game related.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Peter Kroll

Agreed with Roland. The problem is definetely NOT on my end. Everything was fine when I tried it two months ago.
    @Marius H I deleted my profile, calibrated my wheel and tuned my settings up and down, nothing helped.
    @azaris Thanks, your comment helped a lot.

8. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Soooo let me get this straight! Wheel oscillates when you let go of the wheel I'm assuming. Well dont let go of the wheel then.....problem solved. Why is this such a big issue to the point where people wont play because of it? T

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  9. Wanderkroete

Wanderkroete New Member

Well look at that clip above. Its the same for me:

Sometimes I have to type sth in the chat.. or.. reach for the mouse and let the wheel go. And then it starts like this. Its not acceptable. I also dont find a way to eliminate it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

Are you guys using the default or default+ or a custom FFB file?

11. Peter Kroll

Hey TexasSpecial,

I'm using "Default+", but having the same problem with "Default" too.
    I am on a CSL DD on "PC"-Mode; also tried the "Compatibility"-Mode (CSW 2.5), and there is no difference for me; always the exact same behavior that Wanderkroete posted above.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

I have a GTDDPRO same as the CSLDD mechanically. Same osc if you are on default and let go of the wheel. I personally like the hard feed back when you hit something which in my amateur opinion is part of the same set of rules. That being said, there is a thread on this forum from some very savvy guys who are making custom FFB files. The one I am using does not have that osc on most cars, but also does not try to break your wrist when you hit the wall. If you go to Custom without a custom file, its still default. So go check one of those out, there are many available in that thread, but most they all started from SilverRaw.

BTW: my wheel used to work in PC mode, then one day it stopped working in PC mode and only works in Comp. of course now I have another problem I am fighting and annoyed by.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Merlin Cooper

Merlin Cooper New Member