1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't exit pits after using the "Return to pit box" function

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by fr0xyo, May 9, 2022.

1. fr0xyo

fr0xyo New Member

Hi all,

I have this weird bug in multiplayer and single player where when I want to make some setup changes in the pit box during a free practice I am unable to exit the pit box. In multiplayer this also happens to all the players in my server.

The weird thing is that it started happening after I bought the Spa-Francorchamps pack, does anyone have any idea what to do? It's making it a bit hard to enjoy setting my car up when I have to constantly back out :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. AtomicD0G

AtomicD0G New Member

It is not the Spa-Francorchamps pack which I have had for a while. I started experiencing this problem after the most recent update - any visit to the pit in practice, qualifying, or race results in no action (loss of all vehicle control) after clicking Drive. I'm only playing single player and Formula Ultimate Gen 2 car (so far) and it has happened on numerous circuits (e.g., Nord, Silverstone, Long Beach, Interlagos, etc.). Hopefully there will be a hotfix for this soon - please.

3. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

This happened to me ages ago.. It's like game doesn't recognise the hardware all of a sudden and a restart of the game was the only way to get control back. Not happened to me for months though.

4. Nats

Nats Member

Had this issue yesterday for first time in the game - driving the F1 Ultimate Gen 2 around Monza couldnt drive back out of the pit garage during testing. It happened three times in succession, till I gave up the game in frustration!

To be clear this wasn't in multiplayer.

5. Maximilian Leider

Maximilian Leider New Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the same problem, cant get out of the box.

6. JeffKill

JeffKill New Member

This was happening to me in practice mode at VIR. If I pause the game and return to pitbox to edit my setup, when I select drive again, the car just sits and doesn't respond to any inputs from my wheel or pedals. I was driving the Mercedes CLK LM.

All equipment is up to date also.

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  7. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@JeffKill @Maximilian Leider @Nats @Gazzawesty @AtomicD0G @fr0xyo

We've been unable to repor this as yet. If anyone can provide clear repeatable steps that lead to the issue that would be helpful.

Additionally if you could add your hardware info to your signature and double check that it's up to date when reporting new issues please guys that is helpful for identifying any potential trends.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dave Stephenson

I did find some instances I could reproduce. Enabling Manual Pitstops in the Gameplay Options works around it for those cases. (Requires returning to main menu to apply unfortunately).

Did any of you guys experience the issue with maunal pitstops enabled?

9. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

I can only say, never played with automatic pitstop before and never ever had such issue.
    For clarification will to some testing with automatic...

UPDATE:
    Tried with manual pitstop = OFF and couldn't reproduce the issue here.
    Neither in race mode nor in free practice.
    Allways was able to leave the pits normally.
    But do be honest. I do hate the feature of automatic pitstop because i used to kiss the pitwall whilst exiting! :/
    Automatic recentering the wheel after going back to pits would be very cool!

Last edited: May 21, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. AtomicD0G

AtomicD0G New Member

On any track, and in any race practice or qualify session, Return to Pit Box, Drive -- the menu goes away as if ready to drive, but there is no controller response other than to return back to the menu. From the menu, only Restart Session or Continue are operable. Selecting Drive repeats earlier non-response. I tried manual pitstops -- same non-response after Return to Pit Box. This Return to Pit Box problem only started after the last update.

UPDATE: Activating Manual Pitstops did solve the problem after I executed in the Main Options Window rather than using the Race session Options button. Thanks Dave Stephenson.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. Dave Stephenson

Thanks guys. We've narrowed this down and should have a fix for it in this month's release

• Like Like x 3
  12. Liam

Liam New Member

This is still an issue for me even on the latest patch.