1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Second Monitor - Timing/Telemetry App

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Matus Celko, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Frank Orchand

Frank Orchand New Member AMS2 Club Member

Deleted

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  2. ChrisOuellet

ChrisOuellet New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi @Matus Celko, thanks for creating such a useful app.
    I was wondering if it'd be possible to generate reports when using Test Day? The individual laps telemetry data is there in Telemetry Viewer though, labeled as Practice.

Error | 2022-02-18 21:23:29.5802 | SecondMonitor.XslxExport.SessionSummaryExporter | 0 | Unable to export session info | System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.Last[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
    at SecondMonitor.XslxExport.SessionSummaryExporter.GenerateTyresConditionsRows(ExcelWorksheet sheet, ExcelCellAddress cellAddress, Driver player)
    at SecondMonitor.XslxExport.SessionSummaryExporter.AddTyresDegradation(ExcelWorksheet sheet, SessionSummary sessionSummary)
    at SecondMonitor.XslxExport.SessionSummaryExporter.ExportSessionSummary(SessionSummary sessionSummary, String filePath, Boolean includeRatings)

Thanks again!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  3. Matus Celko

Matus Celko Active Member

It took a while, but a new version is out :) Fixing also the issue above ;)

Notable change for AMS 2 is the added support for the recently introduced clutch damage and temperature. The app now shows clutch temperature and damage.

It's actually quite cool to see the new Reiza system in action, and see how quickly the clutch fails once you overheat it... But also, if you do not abuse the clutch, it barely raises in temperature, even with stick transmission cars :) I'm really a big fan of this system :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for this mate, I lowkey expected this to happen and now it's finally here :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Indeed. I am quite surprised how quickly the temps climb but the again the amount of friction is huge so it is expected. Tomorrow I’ll check the ERS stuff.

Still waiting on Wotever to update Simhub so I can see the values directly on my dash but a quick side peek on my Second Monitor :)P) will do for now. Thanks a lot for the update Matus.

• Like Like x 1
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Any idea how many fps is eaten up by having an extra telemetry screen like this?

7. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

No idea. I only got 60Hz screens so Zero in my case especially since the game is rendered with the 1060 and the rest with the iGPU.

8. F1Aussie

That is neat then, the AMD CPUs don't have on-board graphics though.

9. Matus Celko

On your system, there shouldn't be any fps hit. The app doesn't use GPU acceleration, and should only consume CPU resources, and there is no sim that can fully utilize all cores of a 5950x.

There is also scalling options in the app, and you can specify if the app should use animations, or how often should the UI be refreshed, and how many drivers are refreshed at each tick. This doesn't affect data accuracy, as data are pooled at a constant rate.

Until very recently I've had an old i5 6600k (4core), so I had to be wary of performance, and with few settings I was able to bring the cpu usage to 6-8% even in big fields (40cars).

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. F1Aussie

That's really good to know, cheers

11. Mike Campbell

Mike Campbell New Member AMS2 Club Member

I feel silly asking this but for the life of me I can't find the exe file or whatever to launch this app. I looked through the files. Maybe its the booze from last night. Thanks for the help...

12. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

13. Denis_W

Denis_W Member

Is it possible to use something like this app, for Android or iPadOS??

14. Matus Celko

Veeeery late reply, but no. This is a windows app and there is no easy way how to convert it to an Androind or iOS.

And a new version is out, adding mainly a new feature to the in-app custom championship tools which is aimed to take advantage of the AMS 2 historic weather feature.

It is now possible to define start and end date of the championship, and the app will then distribute the events evenly on sundays between those two days.

upload_2022-11-8_19-26-13.png
    upload_2022-11-8_19-26-22.png

You can then select this date in AMS 2 when running the event, to get the real weather that was on that day, and a get a more realistic "random weather" this way.

• Like Like x 2
  15. F1Aussie

Hey guys, is second monitor web based? I could not find where it is installed on my pc as i am trying to get it to run off my igpu on my second monitor and i would like to bind the program to open with the igpu in the windows settings. Cheers

16. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

If you let install it automatically, it's probably in:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SecondMonitor\SecondMonitor.exe"

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. F1Aussie

Great, will check that tomorrow, cheers

18. Tornado

Tornado New Member

I tried to use this app for race lap-by-lap stats and other info for saving reports. I marked export in report options for creating reports in excel formats but it works wrong. for example I had 5 laps race and I finished 7th. But I see in report that I have done only 4 laps, first six AI cars that finished ahead of me have correct 5 laps but me and all AI cars that finished behind me counted only 4 laps.

19. eXampler

eXampler New Member

I rarely post in forums, but I created an account just to say thank you!, this software is amazing!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. F1Aussie

Yes it is, I cannot race without it now. Use it mainly for the in race standings, track map and fuel calcs but also the telemetry occasionally.