1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real Driver Names for AMS2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by john Ellis, May 12, 2022.

1. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

NAMeS: Real Drivers for AMS2 replaces every single fictional driver name in AMS2 with real drivers--that's over 2,150 grid places and counting! Now updated for AMS2 V1.5.3! After installing NAMeS, every car in AMS2--including all DLC--will be driven by someone who either raced or drove the car (or, in a few cases, the same marque and class) in reality. This single download instantly elevates an important aspect of AMS2's realism across the entire, default installation of AMS2. The NAMeS Project proudly provides historically-derived drivers for 100% of AMS2 content, in order to elevate its single-player experience to the highest possible level.

Introducing the Real Drivers of AMS2

With NAMeS installed, the discerning AMS2 simracer will be able to drive his McLaren MP4/4 against Ayrton Senna (instead of Aires Silva) and to race in GT3 against Augusto Farfus (instead of Gustavo Farius). Using AMS2's custom-AI feature, NAMeS files include only name and nationality information, so 100% of the default AI-performance attributes designed by Reiza remain intact.

Many Reiza-to-NAMeS conversions are obvious (e.g., Marnix Vandusen = Max Verstappen) while others might be less so (e.g., Charles Petrenko = Claudiomiro Pacheco). Occasionally, Reiza’s fictional drivers bear no resemblance to any driver for a series--can you name two American drivers who raced in the 1995 F1 season? No doubt, there are many good reasons why Reiza might augment a grid of familiar-sounding quasi-fictional drivers with additional, yet totally fictional extras (e.g., to improve competitiveness across the field, increase the number and/or nationality of entrants, etc.). However, one of the primary objectives of NAMeS is to reunite the actual race drivers with the appropriate machinery or marque within the simulation, not just to increase realism per se but to serve as a testament of their various achievements across motorsport. As a result, when no real-world counterpart could be discerned from Reiza drivers, NAMeS selected suitable alternatives from factual sources. As a result, NAMeS injects 100% real drivers into the entire simulation--the vast majority of whom are converted directly from Reiza quasi-fictional names. NAMeS was created to celebrate the competitive contributions of drivers across the entire length and breadth of motorsport--not just those at the pinnacle of it.

For more information, please check out NAMeS: Real Drivers for AMS2

Additionally, visit the Automobilista 2 Mod Registry and utilize its hyperlinks to locate and download any additional mods you want to install. The product of meticulous methodology, The Registry compiles the full array of AMS2 mods available across the entire modding community into a unified, easy-to-use resource--and also includes several helpful guides and links to other AMS2 assets.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Josh Naipaul

Josh Naipaul New Member

I'm the dude that asked for the Formula Vee and Formula Trainer real names on Racing Department, its good you're on here to tell others cause I'm sure a lot of people are sick of the same generic names from series to series. Can't wait to see your progression for this mod.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I 've been looking for smth like this for a long time. No liveries, no ai attribute numbers. Nothing. Only names! Really thanks for that!

Quick question though: are y also planning on releasing the names for the cars/classes of the No-NAMeS List too?

I know that those series come with specific files but i think there are lot of ppl (including me) who - for personal reasons, basically because of the "ugly" car previews - do nt want to download the additional files (liveries overrides, ai etc) and only fancy the names :)

Last edited: May 24, 2022
  4. john Ellis

Thanks for the feedback. Although I personally envisioned the NAMeS project as something that would complement other modders’ work without —for lack of a better word—competing against it, I see your point. I’m not entirely averse to your suggestion, but to do it properly where the right names match the right default skins across all remaining categories will take a while to realize. After I optimize what has already been done, let’s see if I have the appetite for it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. john Ellis

Wish granted.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

@john Ellis really thanks for this:)

• Like Like x 1