1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 monitor setup

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Mocko, May 24, 2022.

1. Mocko

Mocko New Member

Hi! Im using a 2 monitor setup, Monitor 1 on center and Monitor 2 on the right side. I can run AM2 in windowed mode, but the window is centered and i need the view center on my Main screen. Cant figure out how to achieve this. Any tip?

2. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

It seems your desktop is configured as having 1 monitor made out of two. Are you using nVidia surround perhaps? If yes, turn it off and the game will launch on the main monitor.

3. Mocko

Mocko New Member

configured as 2 separated monitors, my only problem is center the view where i want

4. Shriukan

That is strange because I use the same setup and have clearly configured in the windows monitor settings which screen is where and the game opens both fullscreen and in borderless windowed (and windowed) in the main screen. Maybe try changing the monitor settings to duplicate the main screen and back to having 2 screen as there might be a system bug making steam/ams2 think it should be at the center of both.

5. Mocko

Mocko New Member

But, you running AMS2 on both monitors? I can run it on my main screen without problem, i just want to run it in both monitors, 1 centered and secondary as a right side view. Apreciate the help anyway Shriukan ;)

6. Shriukan

Oooooh I misunderstood. Well if you want to run both monitors then I don't think there is a way to shift the view. It's triple monitor or one. 2 will indeed just have the center between both monitors.

7. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've done this in the past. Main thing to achieve is getting the perspective vanishing point in the middle of your main monitor. I think I used a combination of ctrl-k with the Q and E keys, which gives you side to side, and the arrow keys which rotate the view slightly to get the vanishing point in the right place. Only problem is I don't think it saved, but you get pretty quick at adjusting it once you know what you want.
    Do the editing on a long flat straight while the car is stationary.

8. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

CTRL+K cockpit settings are not saved indeed. A pity, I use it every time I start a new game. And then when in the car I use numpad 5 to reset the view and I move the seat a bit forwards. This gives me the best view. I don’t know what the default settings is of this CTRL+K and numpad 5. What FOV it uses etc, would love to know but nobody can tell so it looks like.