1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It wasn't so elaborate

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Paulo Frazao

Paulo Frazao Member AMS2 Club Member

People take it easy...new content is not so important as a good driveability....man you have to understand that AMS2 has enough content....but it has also enough of ****i bugs and the multiplayer is still not ok.....focus on this and not on more content...

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Paulo Frazao

Its better for us to have a great driveability then more content that we can't use....so we can fight on the tracks for position and not here on the forum....when this forum has less traffic so the game is good enough

4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree. I would even go further and say the physics and FFB are already at a very decent level that they don't need so much attention as they get (from devs and users). Doesn't mean to halt their development, just to make it clear.

But as a user, I would like focus 100% on fixing the always growing number of bugs and the multiplayer, which really needs some strong revamping.

Yea, different pipelines and stuff, but still... for the outside world it looks like Reiza is always pumping content and physics/FFB updates, but the bugs and MP are kinda forgotten in the mix.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Paulo Frazao

AMS2 had a lot of potential but not if Reiza put more and more content and not focus on driveability and bugs...all this interviews with the staff is a nice thing to have but we need a solid base on this game.for now this base is not here and this give me the feeling that some players are angry how AMS2 is on the way.... don't get me wrong i wish that this forum has less traffic because the game is great and not because the game is Dead...

• Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  6. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They're already constantly doing bugfixes and physics updates. If anything, it's the content that's been put on hold. We've received almost nothing this year besides the Formula Ultimate Gen 2.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 2
  7. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's been repeated many times - core functions are not something that 3D artists responsible for tracks and cars are responsible for.

You may stop pumping content but those released talents are not the best to work on hardcore stuff.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The multiplayer desperately needs attention. The rating system is a giant waste of time so I'm not too bothered if that sits on the backburner.

Content will always be exciting no matter when it comes and as some others have said, I am ok knowing the content we do have is being upgraded so if new stuff isn't released right now that isn't going to prevent me from enjoying the game. (Like the current state of multiplayer is)

Really looking forward to upcoming updates though. Reiza have made me enjoy GTE and GT3 again with the impressive handling of the cars

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What I'm looking the most is more cars updated to the new tires. Especially older cars.

• Agree Agree x 15
  10. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

I can give a f@@@k of the Mp, or the single player. I m a tt Junkie, but i do no post "please tt here, please tt there". Anyone push his agenda, a critical and ineludible bug that Ricardo himself must resolve asap.
    There is tons of stuff for diggin.
    I' m confident enough in 3 or 4 track, and still have some never played car or track. You problem is not everyone problem. Chill please

Last edited: May 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Congrats. Really easy for you to say that, given that TT is in a good place already.

12. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

...but you are forgetting the aspect of running a business that needs to pay people on a regular basis. That's why they need to strike a balance between fixing bugs (no short-term revenue but creates future revenue and retention value) and releasing content (creates short-term revenue). At the end of the day, it's always about then money to stay open, grow and maintain a healthy business.

Last edited: May 27, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

? I think there is a solid base, (almost) every time I go for ride in this game, I go for a ride, and it feels great, all the rest are details.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. GodzillaGTR

Fair point. What I would say though is that if any paid content were to be released, it should be the paid content for which some of us have already paid. As much as I am excited for the Lemans dlc (relax, kidding guys) it would be prudent to release the remaining paid items that are due first.

Edit: I am actually ok if the Nissans, Astons etc that are coming are also paid. I have no issue paying for that and I don't expect additions to be freebies.

Last edited: May 26, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4
  15. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh boy ,I think I've to agree. I think the resources implenting the MP-rating could have been somewhere else back then. There's a handful of people, including me, who are hovering around 1950 - 2100, and the rest are all between 1300 - 1450. Most people just quit anyway. To be realistic MP will never be as good as iRacing, but I had lots of fun when I pick the right server. Also I think AMS 2 need to concentrate on leagues or so, perhaps 'Clubs', like in Dirt Rally, but in League-format. Open Lobby's, rating, etc aren't going to work well, but I still have fun when hitting the right lobby. Just like yesterday @Shriukan we had so much fun.

16. GodzillaGTR

And just to clarify what I meant as well, part of the uselessness of it can be blamed on the players. Many servers aren't using the rating system and those who are have low standards...haha. (rating requirement of U100 or whatever) Part of this of course would be due to the low player count. A rating system is a good idea, but you have to have a solid MP environment to make it work and that isn't AMS2 at the moment.

17. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They said they were doing well financially, so if MP is as bad as you are saying...MP must not be too important (at least not yet).

18. Mikael Pettersson

Mikael Pettersson New Member

Please give the multiplayer aspect of the game some love. Also some crucial bugs that sometimes ruin a really enjoyable experience.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Most of the leagues don't turn on the rating anyway for reasons I fail to understand. Typically they say it's not to hurt the rankings in case something goes wrong so pretty much you are forced to race rating only in casual lobbies with the results everyone expects

20. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Me too. Because the new tires are so awesome, I've found myself only driving those cars. And I want to drive others.

First world problems hey.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 2