1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.7.1 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 29, 2022.

1. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Again "anywhere you take them". They are like grandmas on a Sunday drive, just tried them at Interlagos, no practice, default setup and in really tired today which slows me down alot, and yep, same story, im matching laptimes of half the field. @ 120% they wanna be alien fast, catch me on a better day, fully alert and given some practice and they'd be about as much challenege as a feather against mike Tyson in a boxing match. Now, try that with the F3's and its a completely different story! You can jump straight in at 95% difficulty and get a great challenging race! porsche cup is also gopod from what i remember of my last race with those against the A.I. I'd Love it if all the class'es were like this!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

What laptimes drove the fastest AI?

3. Tarmac Terrorist

oh I dunno it was just a quick test, what was it now.. 1.32's or something like that, I'd have to go back and double check. But fact remains the GT3's have got very slow compared to other class'es

4. CrimsonEminence

20220530174105_1.jpg

So you are running 1:32 times easily? I don't know, i had to push quite a bit in this scenario to run the 1:32.665 here

This is at 113 strength.

5. Tarmac Terrorist

Yes, after just 4 laps, and if you take into account the outlap and contact with another car on the 2nd, its really just about two. Its a high 1:32 as you can see, but thats me on a bad day and after just two proper laps. Automobilista 2 30_05_2022 17_18_08.jpg

6. Tarmac Terrorist

Also after seeing the posts about the V10's yes they do seem to have pretty extreme lift in dirty air at Spa and do end up trying to take off up Raidillon, but the other thing i noticed actually relates to what we are talking about, as i've never even had a race with these cars and the A.I. But now that I have I've gotta say, these are even worse than the GT3s, went straight in at 120 and they are just in my way, and im not that good with F1 cars. Vslow indeed! Like the feel og them though!

7. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

So the fastest ai is 1.30.404
    Is this at 120/100 0r 120 /?? just curious.
    Only tried group C and Gt1 quick test today after 2-3 weeks off, dry to wet, to see if slicks loose grip (they did) and AI were not a pushover,and fast on slicks when it rained! Brasilia outer /bathurst
    100/100.
    Now pc fans gone mental and blue screened :( never done it before and will try later.

Last edited: May 30, 2022
  8. CrimsonEminence

Yeah, you drive the 720S, which is still the most competitive car at one-lap pace indeed (especially at altitude). The quickest AI does a 1:30 there and is 2.3s quicker than you, so they are definetly not too slow.
    It is under review. F1 cars (also AI) pace is WIP, the front catching air is on the radar, like dirty air itself also is :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD

RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD Member

I tried a beta for 1st time. I'm very interested in the SV8;).
    It seems little bit more docil now. Anyway, I always reduce the steering rate to the minimum (14º and less if I could!) because it is too responsive.
    I've also reduced the front TOE to 0,1 for the same reason.
    With this changes the feels good in mid and high speed corners.
    The low speed ones are very tricky on the exit. Once the rear spins, is very dificult to recover. I know that it has a kind of locked diff but the inertia is not there, it should be more lazy IMO.
    For me the main issue is that the car feels very light (a GT3 feels heavier f.e).

Thank you very much for your effort!

Last edited: May 30, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed. The steering is still overly sharp, as it was in the previous build. If the steering lock is set higher than the minimum, the SV8 starts to swing around like a rally car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am not arguing, just saying, there is a big difference.

12. RDG

RDG Active Member

First impressions:
    - Formula Reiza feels like it actually has a suspension now, feels way better and is way more comfortable to drive in VR as well. Did you find something ? :whistle:
    - Formula V10s feel much better now with much better detail in the corners
    - Formula V12 went from very light and numb FFB to appropriately heavy and detailed steering. Great improvement!
    - DPI AI is still too slow, I do 2:02s at Spa and the AI only manages 2:06s at 100/100.
    - While driving the DPI at Spa using multi class with GTE, the car kept reverting to Formula Reiza after quitting the race.
    - The ultimates are too fast, I manage 1:40s with the Gen 1 and 1:42s with the Gen 2 at Spa on race fuel, feel like they should be 4-5s slower on average (I’m not fast).
    - It'd be great if we could get the ERS mode on the ultimate Gen 1’s LCD, it’s a bit annoying having to look down the right corner in VR to check your ERS mode/battery level.

Overall great work!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My impressions and adjustments to the car were about the same. I do like that we can now attack curbs like the real cars do. At a minimum the default setup should maybe be tweaked. It is not very good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, You can add the F-V12 to the slow AI cars, They are a blast to drive now but AI is kind of slow.
    I tested them on Spa 1993 Silverstone 1991 and Imola 2001.
    Keep In mind the faster they go (Higher difficulty), the faster I go, probably because they are not in my way and I can use the draft more.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So far okay, I tested it in several races and my damage-profiles seems to stay as meant

Thanks,

• Like Like x 1
  16. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

Sorry for the delayed reply, but I think Tarmac Terrorist covered it for GT3. For GT4, I have a report in the AI thread about a race I did at Jerez a few weeks back.

But, big picture, I'd put myself in the "fairly average" category from a speed perspective. I also like to do races in the 45-60 minute range, so all of the AI issues of concern do factor in--speed, pit strategy, tire wear, stamina, mistakes by the AI and player, the fact that they have more trouble with lapped traffic than I do and so forth. I like to set the AI so I can finish in the top 10 if I run a good race and maybe have an outside chance at winning if things fall my way.

But with my overall skills level, I would think I should be running AI in the mid-to-high 90s for most cars--which I do for F3 and F-1Classic-G3, for example. GT4 I was about 100.

Now with GT4 I'm leaving the field in the dust over the course of an hour race with AI in the 107-110 range. Did a quick test at Cascais with GT3 tonight, and after a few tries it seemed like around 110 would be about right for a 5 lap sprint race. Would probably need to be a little higher with a longer race. With GT1 I've settled on 107 as my default level.

Outside of my issues with GT4 at Jerez, the word "unsuable" was not the best choice, but the direction the overall speed calibration is trending is giving very little upside room for people who happen to be better than I am. I would think AI @120 should be extremely challenging for an alien. That doesn't seem to be where things are scaling out with recent updates.

Hope that provides a little more color.

Last edited: May 31, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  17. CrimsonEminence

It's known.

• Like Like x 2
  18. CrimsonEminence

GT3 aren't too slow in general (you see it on the screenshots pretty clearly), but there are findings, that could influence their pace on some tracks, besides regular track calibration.

I also drove GT4 at Jerez and i agree, that AI needs a serious bump up in pace there. But also this isn't necessarily the class calibration.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I really think there should be an option to enforce people to use a certain version of the game, normal build or Release Candidate in multiplayer/dedicated server, since in a league we cant check what version someone is using, and could give an unfair advantage to people, maybe make the dediserver have a release candidate version as well, and limit the use on that to the RC

Last edited: May 31, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Their acceleration out of corners is pretty much perfect in my book, though, I really hope that that does not get changed, or at least not in the direction it was before (out of some corners, they still feel a little too quick). They are a little too slow on the straights and into corners, but at least it finally felt like a race when I fought against them in Montreal yesterday.