Default view is not what I set

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by NavyFlipperHUN, Jan 17, 2017.

1. NavyFlipperHUN

NavyFlipperHUN Balazs Floszmann AMS2 Club Member

Hy Guys! Greetings from Finland! :)

I know it is a knowing issue but still I have not find any solution .!

My default viewis not what I set...it's always change for some TV cam to outside.

...yes, I tried everything what I find on the web (new profile, delete dynhud folder, local files on steam, etc...) bur nothing helped.Please try ti find some solution.

Thanks in advance!

Navy

2. Monotelefunken

Monotelefunken New Member

I suffer from exactly the same problem. I have also tried everything I could think of, but to no avail. Any ideas, anyone?

Cheers,
    MTF

3. Monotelefunken

One more thing: This problem makes it virtually impossible to use rolling starts as you end up trying to steer your race car from the grand stands...

I have also noticed that the camera view does change when selecting a different one as default - it just never round robins to the cockpit view camera... It's a really weird issue, this...

Cheers,

mtf

4. macmaniacoes

macmaniacoes Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you checked this?
    conf.jpg

5. Monotelefunken

Thx for your reply! Yes, I have checked. In fact, this very menu item is precisely what I was referring to in my (evidently somewhat unclear) description.

I've also tried all the same things that the OP has tried. Nothing has worked, so far.

Here's another try to clarify what's going on:

- the Default View menu options do change the default in-game Camera Views
    - the Default View menu does show "Cockpit" as one of the options available
    - the Default View menu option "Cockpit" can be selected and it also remains selected
    - the Default View menu option "Cockpit", however, does not turn on the "Cockpit" view in-game - it seems to skip over it.

As stated in my earlier post, the biggest problem for me has been with rolling starts. During the crucial first seconds I'm forced to try to drive the car from another camera view, while desperately clicking on my Camera View button until Cockpit view comes up. Usually I end up crashing before that, though. As a consequence, I've viewed many of my own crashes from the very best seat in the grand stands...

It would probably help, if I had a bit more experience with Radio Controlled cars, I guess ;)

Seriously though, here's a detailed step-by-step description of the sequence:

1. Select Settings from the gear symbol
    2. Open Display page
    3. Select option "Cockpit" in menu item "DEFAULT VIEW"
    4. Go back to Main Menu page
    5. Go to Test Day page (for example)
    6. Launch sim using the big arrow
    7. Let track and cars load
    8. Observe problem when loading is ready and done:
    The view displayed on the screen - the default view - is not the "Cockpit" view.

If I repeat the same sequence but select as my Default View the next available camera "Nose" instead of "Cockpit", the default camera view does change in-game but it's still not the "Cockpit" camera.

If I again repeat the same sequence but select as my Default View the next available camera "Swingman" instead of "Nose", the default camera view changes in-game again but it's still not the "Cockpit" camera.

If I repeat the same sequence but select as my Default View the final available camera "TV Cockpit" instead of "Swingman", the default camera view changes in-game once again but it's still not the "Cockpit" camera.

At this point I've tried all the Default View camera options available in the menu item. None of them has given me the "Cockpit" camera view as default.

In other words, the only way I can get to the Cockpit view is to wait for the event to load and then start clicking on my in-game Camera View shortcut button until the "Cockpit" view comes up.

Hope this clears up what's going on - I tried my best to be clear this time :)

I would sure appreciate any help on the subject.

Cheers,

mtf

PS. Like the OP, I'm also from Finland. This surely can't be pure coincidence, right? Maybe there's something's wrong with our electricity over here? Or maybe we're just a bit too far north to allow for a regular cockpit view angle?

6. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Default camera occasionally randomly switching to something other than the one set in Display menu is an old bug, unfortunately we havenĀ“t come around to figuring this one out yet. Creating a new player profile is currently the way to work around this issue.