1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thx for the advice @Michael Enright but here seem all ok .... test on Super V8 and Bathurst ... but i try with a lot of car and track for one day, but the code are the same, only a coefficient for the shake ... control the file from steam, i dont think the problem is this ... now i use the my new 1.3.4 but nothing is change in the code o_O if you want i can send you in private message and test it .... ;)

2. Manolo

Manolo Member

Here the same, i run i full race. This is at start with Atmos 1.3.4 and i test even the 1.3.3 ;)
    Nuovo Immagine bitmap.jpg

3. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes I am using v442. Would not think that would be the problem though, because it is only one file, one track and one car. Just strange.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Michael Enright

Thanks, that would be great. Just seams strange that all your files prior to Atmos 1.3 are fine, but 1.3 and up CTD every time.

5. Stakanov

And if arrive new problem with your info is mutch simple the fix ... no problem. ;)

6. EcoBrum

EcoBrum New Member

I also detect anomalies in the SuperV8 Bathurst combination, but on my basis it does so when any custom file is inserted in the documents folder, inserted the file in the folder the problem is highlighted randomly using any profile, be it Default / Default + / Custom.
    If after the CTD I close and reopen the game and first load SuperV8 and BrandsHach the game works, I go back to Bursturst and it works and no CTD. I close the game and I reload Burstust directly and again CTD. I remember that I had the Notepad ++ with the file open while I was playing, I close it and relaunch the game everything works again ... I think it is the game and maybe with some files it is more prepared but is casual at this moment for me. ;)

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Michael Enright

Thank goodness it is not only me. Interesting you say you had Notepad ++ open, as I always have that open. I'll try tomoprrow with it closed. Hopefully it is that simple, but I am not optimistic.

8. EcoBrum

EcoBrum New Member

Ok step forward here, you are right is not Notepad++, i think that the problem is the game and only when the file custom is in the folder and when you LOAD for the first time a Super V8 at Bathurst, in this situation the CTD arrive. ;)
    If you start game with all others cars and use all track NO PROBLEM, but if you load the Super V8 for the first time running track does not have to be Bathurst, load another track (i test Brands Hatch) and then you can use the again Bathurst ... then is not the file CUSTOM but how the game handles them on this circuit and this car, maybe with some file it will be more sensitive but if it were the file it would always and anyway. ;)

• Informative Informative x 4
  9. Stakanov

Ok now I managed to replicate the fall of the game, obviously I had already used the car before the test and on this track i don't have the CTD ;) ... @Manolo and @AntoAntoDD, when you are available you can try again by lanching the game and going directly to this car and track?? And for second test going first in another track and then retry??

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. spyke70

spyke70 New Member

try starting from zero to go up

11. clomay1120

clomay1120 Member AMS2 Club Member

greetings to all
    I would like to find the line, if there is one ....
    that decreases or increases the vibration in the steering wheel
    when we brake?
    same when accelerating....?
    on the file of @stakanov, rFuktor 5.0.1.4 Original Karsten Files

thanks to you

12. clomay1120

13. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

Adding to the fun... I finally got my FFB the way I like it thanks to all you guys and the custom files... Then after the most recent update, my Fanatec wheel is no longer recognized by the preset I have been using for weeks. After many other posts the solution from Reiza is to create a "custom wheel" which I did, and of course, now the FFB feels completely different... frustrating to say the least. there is some hiccup in the button definition that is preventing the wheel shifting from being recognized on my previous setting so I cannot use it any longer.
    So adding to the discussion, the definition of two people who have identical wheels, may not get the same feed back...

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Stakanov

Is not a vibration but for the brake is the force that you feel on the steering wheel during brake, the item is
    (brake_feel 1.35) up for more down for less

If you want more dynamic movment (during brake and bump) that follow weight the item is
    (brake_feel_follow_weight 0.35) up for more moviment down for less

The same for accelerating but the contrary, the wheel is more light during accelerate, the item is
    (accel_feel 0.35) up for more light, down for less

If you want more dynamic movment (during accel and bump) that follow weight the item is
    (accel_feel_follow_weight 0.35) up for more moviment down for less

The rest and the vibration are set in the other item that are for the tyres, the slide, the drive ...... the mix of all create your outpout or your sensation with your vibration, the item are mutch.... up for more, down for less
    (front_drive_torque_feel 1.10)
    (rear_drive_torque_feel 0.10)
    (front_tyre_stretch_feel 0.10)
    (rear_tyre_stretch_feel 0.20)
    (stretch_tyres_power_feel 0.50)
    (front_grip_loss_feel 0.150)
    (rear_grip_loss_feel 0.150)
    (grip_tyres_smooth 0.000)
    (slide_factor 0.85)
    (on_off_throttle_feel 0.00)
    (road_rolling_slip_feel 0.85)
    (rear_end_feel 0.05)

To this above we have all the item for the road and the effect ... i hope help you

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Michael Enright

I just tried it again, and for me it doesn't seem to matter if I load V8 and another track first, I still get CTD when I go to Bathurst. Only with Atmos 1.3 and up. But the strangest thing is, it will do it even if you have Default or Default+ selected. If that file is in the Documents folder, BAM, CTD. Very strange. I put the file n the Beta forum so we'll see what they come up with. Fingers crossed someone comes up with something.

• Like Like x 1
  16. clomay1120

yes very well thank you :)

17. Stakanov

The other track is Brands Hatch?? With Super V8 try first this track, here Brands Hach fix the problem when after i go to Bathurst ... anyway is a non sens ... but thanks a lot @Michael Enright very useful and courteous ;)

18. Michael Enright

I tried Brands first then went to Bathurst, straight away CTD. So for me, it seems I just can not race Bathurst with the V8 and Atmos 1.3 and up.I am using 1.2 with no issues, but I prefer 1.3.3, but now that is not an option. As I said, I past the file along to Reiza. Hopefully they may be able to see something. I wondwr if @Karsten Hvidberg would have an idea?

19. Stakanov

I have modify the 1.3.3 in the curb and in the suspension, i copy and replace the original code (reduced the istructions and the number of lines of code), and here the file is again ok in Bathurst (if you want test i can send you), but the sensation is not pleasure and if i change one line of code in all the file the game crashed again only in this track/car ... it is as if the maximum limit of information that the game can handle has been reached, but this limit is only in one track and with only one car ... moreover the crash occurs only at the end of the track / car loading as if the game loaded something different or bad compared to all the other possible combinations o_O

@Michael Enright with 1.3.3 yes crash but try the 1.3.4Wip in the private message ... and try first Brands ... if after this Bathurst is ok, for now is a temporary solution for use the file without limit and you can applied your harmony as before ;)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
  20. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

I've been using R3E since it was free in SIM FEST a few days ago, them I bought it!
    The FFB with my TM TS-PC (with ACELITH formula wheel) is superb, on par with rF2 (if not better).

Well, that leaved AMS2 a little behind... until I also tested @Danielkart latest release.
    I do like it a lot, much better than my tweaked version of 4W variants.
    I changed a few constants to tame down some FX, because I believe the result is different in ANY other wheel. Let alone subjectivity - we tend to adhere to information and sensations that already make sense to us. That's a (normal) cognitive bias (confirmation bias), no problem whatsoever. Our brains needs to train themselves to identify different stimulus as normal - it's called learning.

I'll continue to test but, for now, AMS2 is not behind, per si, just different.
    And AMS2 has an advantage... FFB can be whatever we like! Anytime!

• Useful Useful x 1