1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.7.1 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 29, 2022.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

We already have a hunch, what is going on with the Cup Porsche, it's actually nothing major, let's say the car lacks a bit of grip. :)

• Like Like x 13
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

3. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

perfect thank you:)

4. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If I put the ABS to 10 and brake pressure to 80% it's a lot better, but that doesn't make much sense to me. Shouldn't that make the braking distances even longer?

5. CrimsonEminence

Not when you are underrotating too much and the tire loses bite. I gave you that advice to test yesterday on Steels discord for that reason, i already had a suspicion there.

A too slippy tire will of course not cope with too strong braking. We're also looking at laptimes and see a (big) bit of a discrepancy here (laptimes aren't any scope you should primarily go after, but the car is quite a bit too slow still). Very subtle aero changes might also help this car a bit, but this seems to be on the minor side compared to the low tire grip we're facing.

The good news is, that's a pretty easy fix that needs testing but is of course no mystery at all.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

Don t think so. Porsche cup is more snappy. I m not able to save the vehicle by steering to bring the car back „in line“. 2 much snappy since the last two updates

7. CrimsonEminence

Yup, on hard braking/throttle (especially slow corners) it will always be, it's still a rear engined car. But the low tire grip certainly doesn't help.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Do the Stock Cars have similar issues? 'cause I'm really quite far off the times they did in the real GP (~7 seconds) on Interlagos. They otherwise feel quite good though.

9. CrimsonEminence

No they don't, they're actually a tad quicker than real life. (this is relative, you can't tell for sure with live track, fuel etc.)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. CrimsonEminence

Please try redownloading your skin-package from the source you have it from! :)

11. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Just tried again, can confirm it is. No idea what happened with the 7 seconds attempt or whether I remembered wrong, sorry.

12. projupiter

projupiter Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok working now, just did a race around long beach...so much fun.

• Like Like x 1
  13. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

It should at least act like the road legal version, what it does neither. And no, the modern Porsches do not try to kill you in every corner or have their back swing around as soon as you touch the brake. A lot of the notorious "widowmaker" behaviour was already solved back in the 90's starting with the 993 series.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
  14. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Love some of the stuff thats been done in last two updates, great to see the older cars starting to get up to par with some of the missing features newer cars had!

Must just say though, the loss of all AIDs bug is back and its really tiring and very annoying now, its come back a few times now and it needs a hotfix immediately!

You know the one, jump out of a session with non ABS & TC car and into one with both of those, and the game goes nope!
    So you re-load your race session and get to quali and they're now working again, great! Nope! Cause you've finished quali and now to to race, guess what, they're gone again! Just had this happen several times and i've closed it down for the night cause its so annoying!

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
  15. DDorito

DDorito New Member

I wondering about how you guys feel about the tires on the older non formula cars (the vintage touring cars/ German group A). To my knowledge they haven't gotten the new tire changes, and will likely get them soon, but I almost get like a swivel office chair feeling in them. It feels like the car will oversteer completely independent of what the rest of the car is doing. I know that cars got more sideways back then, but it feels way more dramatic than in other sims. Does it feel more natural to you guys, and am I just over driving them?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Just eurobeat it and the problem will be solved

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Hello, thank you for this update. The Super v8 is better but remains a real challenge with the default setting: a lot of wheelspin when accelerating and braking makes the car unstable.
    The BMW GT4 is very, very complicated: the steering is very sensitive compared to other GT4s (normal?) and offers significant body roll. What can I change to fix this? Thanks

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Lower rear ARB and increase rear toe

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

+1 grip and its done? ;)

20. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Since the majority of the (probably) more popular cars have now had their tires updated, is there any news on the revamped FFB so the gravel feeling will disappear? I have to run quite high filter settings currently to make the new cars' FFB enjoyable.