1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corvette C3R vs Porsche info needed

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by LugNut, Jun 8, 2022.

1. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,

I love driving the c3s. The street model is very close to its competitor bmwb2002.
    With the c3 r tho its competitor ...the Porsche 911...is 2 to 5 secs a lap faster.
    I dug pretty good and they faced each other in 73 at Sebring and Daytona. In both cases the vettesvettes were much faster per lap, but were not as reliable as the porches.
    What's am I missing here?
    Does anyone have any historical info on these 2 cars?

Thanks

2. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's certainly not 5 secs a lap slower than the RSR at Monza 71, where the Corvette will utterly smoke the Porsches.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    It will at road america. Maybe instead of getting reiza to include Bonneville salt flats, we could find out if its close to RL.
    Sebring or 24 hrs Daytona ain't Monza 71.
    Thx for replying tho.

4. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Both Sebring and Daytona were pretty fast tracks back then, Daytona still is. Is the Porsche's per lap pace faster on Daytona in AMS2 as well? Honest question, I never tried that combinbation.

Genereally I'd say the Corvette is more powerful but worse at braking and cornering, so it should dominate on fast tracks with long straights while the Porsche should be faster on slower, curvier tracks. On a track that has a high speed section and a technical section they should be relatively evenly matched IMO.

Currently I'd wait for both of them to have their tires updated, which might shift the balance somewhat between them if it's not too realistic now.

If you're looking for data on the races maybe this page can help you:
    Other Races - Outside Europe

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know if lap times are recorded anywhere, but the 1974 World Sports Car Championship results certainly speak volumes:

hmm.jpg

6. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    Thx for the link. It shows that for 73 at Sebring for ex. Corvettes qualified 1 2 3. And led the race till they blew up. None finished.
    Just what my research has shown. But doesn't seem to be the case in game. And Sebring was no Monza 71. I would compare it to road america. Roughly.
    So I think that its possible and IMHO likely that ams2 c3r is missing something. I think its HP, but I'm not sure. David Gossett mentioned once that he thinks its tires.

Edit..thx Gavatter for that link. Now I'm sure some things amiss IG. I looked thru all the IMSA gto races for 73 and the Yvette was the fastest in quality in all of them cept for lime rock and one other. Old timers:) Even at road Atlanta Greenwoods vette was fastest..
    In looking it made me think how great it would be to....

Fix the vette..and add the Capri. What a mp class this would be in ams2! I think I wouldn't race anything else!:)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
  7. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Yes please :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1