1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

it seems you'll always find an argument were your unrealistic wishes can be consolitaded.
    the next maybe will be " I ( a very big I ) want to have fun, so give us switches to ..."
    - turn on unlimited grip
    - give me rails
    - endless horse power
    - rain with dry behaviour
    - turn off walls for open world mode
    - full light in night
    - etc.
    because I ( the really big one again ) want to have fun!!!!!!!!
    I suggest you use Forza Horizon 5 for your amusement and AMS2 for serious driving.
    Or you learn coding and make your own Arcade Simulator, there will sure be 3 or 5 ppl who will buy it :D

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, as opposed to you, who doesn't have any argument or even understands the issue, but rather repeats in the most condescending way possible what I've pretty clearly debunked already.

But I suppose it's fun to be the reason discussions on the internet don't work, because no matter how valid any argument is, there are always people mindlessly repeating the doubtful equations they've already made without even trying to take another's perspective or seriously considering anything the other's said.

There are arguments against my viewpoint, but trying to ridicule me because you know you've got others on your side isn't discussion, it's simply relying on group strength and being fundamentally dishonest, because you're not acknowledging what I say, only acknowledging the boogeyman you've created in my place.

Nothing to be ashamed of, many people aren't capable of doing more than that. Congratulations on being one of these.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the measured response, and I get that you can't tailor to everyone's subjective preferences.
    I'm not so sure about the fragmentation of the multiplayer, though, because, from my experience, in "normal multiplayer" people flog to whatever lobby there is regardless of its settings, just because it uses the car they want to drive. I certainly do that. In leagues, it could be a point of conflict, but organized leagues tend to already have mechanisms in place to sort conflicts like these out, because they have similar problems concerning race length, damage, etc.

But as it's technically possible, it might be a question of sufficient demand to justify the dangers of overcomplication and fragmentation. I'll maybe try - when I have a bit more time on my hands in order to take part in one or two of them - to contact a few of the modern F1-based racing leagues and ask them what they think of the idea.

4. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

you do not discuss here, you hijacked the thread with long monologs and don't understand that nobody follows your whishes and theories, overdriving everybody that tries to break your arguments. Thats NOT discssion, thats spam.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree that's an addition that doesn't take away from anything and could accompany the other "unrealistic" but widely accepted damage/tyre/fuel usage metrics. I wouldn't use it, but not denying that I see the benefits...

I'd be careful though in saying it should be easy to do as there may be plenty of things requiring that parameter to be within specific range for example. I've seen plenty of software projects source code to know that sometimes a very simple thing can take a lot of rewiring in the backend. Given the amount of other important work on Reiza's shoulders I'd rather see the work on this to commence rather later and only when easy to implement.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

I agree with oez many people including me say they want a pure sim so let's just let them focus on that first before asking for other 'fun' features.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You forgot transparent halo in that list, which I'm sure would make a lot of people happy.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

I feel the transparent halo is something different, as it does not affect car behavior or racing dynamics.
    Also, having a (semi-)transparent halo could be considerd more realistic. Several drivers have commented that you don't really notice it in real cars, due to how eyes work with objects in a 3D space.

So I would say having a transparent halo is actually more realistic.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep and give us the option to make roof and door-window-pillars transparent for all thin-tops.:whistle:

Actually I would like to say, choose a car that you like and don't try to change cars you don't like, although there are many players who expect and use all kinds of arcade settings, the demand for transparent halo was to be expected.

10. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Bonnet camera entered the chat ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

People who use cockpit view spend most of their driving time looking forward far ahead, not up at roof or to the side, so for tintops that's not really an issue for me.

12. Rober

Rober Member

Every "hardcore" simracer that defends realism above everything has his personal list of non-realistic things that he wants in sims but seek for an excuse to fool himself that those are actually good.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Funny thing. Last night I joined a lobby that had everything off, and aids forced or so. 15 minutes or so. I think. I was pole. 10 seconds away.. I swear the car started to have less grip around minute of 6 or so.. but I it was me.. Completely lost focus cause a. I was so far ahead. b. Everthing was off. Hehe. So weird even wear off can trick your mind, tho

14. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

I have a squint and play vr. Almost all the time I can see as I do in real life. The halo so close to the centre of vision causes me to see double. A transparent halo would greatly help me but I also know that it isn't very realistic. I just don't use the f1 content as that solves my issue. A transparent halo would allow me to use that content but I don't expect it to ever be implemented.

15. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think ams2 already makes some compromises to make racing fun over 100% realistic. One example is extreme wets on the f-ult gen2. Whilst this is counter-factual, it does make racing in stormy conditions possible (i.e. spa 2021 conditions) although i do think the wet tyre is good enough for a soaked track state.

16. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I do appreciate the absolute confidence with which you say things like this.

Are you saying aero wash isn't a characteristic of racing downforce cars? I disagree.

I agree with this, but isn't it what I would say to you?

But the bottom line (as others above have said), Reiza don't need to stray from their goal of developing a realistic racing simulator to meet the niche wants of individuals, and I don't believe its a valid criticism of them not to. You knew what you were buying by reading the details prior to purchase. Other games may better suit your wants.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I actually think it's cool that we're even discussing this for a racing sim. To anyone that watches F1 a lot, the drivers and commentators have been talking about dirty air for about 10 years now and to be able to experience it is awesome.

The driver in front still has to not make mistakes and just like in real life, you can go for the undercut to try and get out front. Of course that requires longer races and people sticking around for the entire race but that will come with time.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. RDG

RDG Active Member

Can confirm: you don’t see the halo, you look through it because your brain fills up the part one eye can’t see with information from the other eye.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, in VR I only see the halo if I purposefully look at it. Otherwise its as if it does not exist.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Great, then we only need the transparent halo option for non-VR users ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1