1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.7.1 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 29, 2022.

1. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Strong Interstate 1976 vibes. Another much underratd car game of the 90's, ahead of it's time.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

If he actually goes ahead and creates a shooter race mode, then I might actually buy the game. Considering it's a mod, this is extremely impressive.

3. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A lot of talk about the M4 but how about the McLaren 570S. That thing is amazing. Don't want to be that guy but it maybe too good..

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
  4. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I'm sure the 570S issue can be solved by issuing a M4A1 to the M4

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Thank you, this helped me: the BMW GT4 feels better. There remains the problem of the steering which I find much too abrupt, direct, sensitive.

6. Apex

Apex Active Member

I'll openly admit I still need to learn how to rein in my expectations. That's entirely on me and Reiza never promised a flawless product from day one. But you know, the things that make us laugh are often the same things that make us cry. It's the good old "This could be so good if only..!", but it's a process, and the game is so much better now than when it was released.

The irony is that being a developer myself I'm all too aware of the many, many iterations it takes to get even a fairly simple feature right, and it's really only the users who are able to truly stress test a product and provide the invaluable feedback.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 6
  8. LUISO1995

LUISO1995 New Member

Just did a race in Canada with the Ultimate Gen 2 F1 car and I had to pit to fix the brakes... in a 35 laps race!!.

Did something change in the last update that can make this happen easily? It was the 3rd race of the championship im running and I didnt have any problems in any of the 2 first rounds (Monaco & Imola). Seems weird a F1 car loses the brakes in a race of 35 laps (I want driving any diferent) But if it was a random mechanical problem I am totally okayu with it. Just hope I wont run out of brakes every race!.

Apart from that the AI was way harder in Canada but I liked that they fixed the AI being extremely slow on the straights.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

In real life, Montreal is the track that is the hardest on brakes for the F1 series. So, a failure there is not a shock or surprise. However, if it happens regularly even when the brakes are cared for properly or during shorter than official races, it could mean that the overall level of brake damage in the game is too sensitive/too much. If more feedback can be gathered on this, I am sure Reiza will adjust if required.

Secondary question--did you get any brake overheating warnings prior to the failure?

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

That brought back fond memories of my younger days, Interstate 76 LAN games, that was an amazing time! Perhaps I have rose tinted glasses on though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Did I miss something or why does TT not work anymore?
    No times are recorded, no ghosts, nothing....

12. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula Ultimate Gen 2 Montreal.JPG
    This is a speed comparison AI 1:13.500 (light blue) vs me 1:13.039 Formula-Ultimate Gen2 difficulty 90/80 Montreal
    AI still has tremendous braking and accelerating powers, and still are slow on the straights.
    This will result in the AI always being in the way, make me go slow in the corners and drive away accelerating, to be past by me on the straight (or not so I am blocked in the next corner, losing places because of their brake-acceleration-domination in the corners)

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. SaxOhare

Can you change the amount of fuel in the ICM menu?
    The left and right buttons work for the tires and the repair profile choices but not for the amount of fuel

14. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

it worked for me in our league race yesterday, was this offline or in a lobby, if in a lobby/server allow refueling can be disabled, and i would assume it doesn't allow you to change it then

15. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Same here on a single player race yesterday

16. SaxOhare

then it's a strange phenomenon because I just tested and it works for me in single player but not in a multiplayer lobby (V10-gen2)

17. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

ok, strange, but i hope they fix the pitstop issues sooner rather then later, also tyrechanges are a russian roulette if you will get new tyres or not

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Also ik im probably being pedantic but f-ult gen2 tyre changes are a little slow, I think they average ~ 3 seconds whilst in ams2 it takes 5.5 seconds

19. Havner

Havner Member

They still haven't trained the team properly. It will come with the patches ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. Apex

Apex Active Member

Meanwhile we can adjust them in the custom AI file:

<pit_crew_black_belt>1.0</pit_crew_black_belt>
    <caffeine_level>1.0</caffeine_level>
    <forced_f_ups>0.0</forced_f_ups>

;)

• Funny Funny x 4