1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.7.1 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 29, 2022.

1. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

It's probably not that good for the perception of AMS2 that there has only been one development update within the last ~6 months. That way, you don't get much insight into what's happening with Reiza and things feel like they're left hanging.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

I agree that another development update would be very nice. It would definitely remove some of the speculations.

This, however, is no excuse for entitled behavior.

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We know why they have been canceled. The community couldn't handle them. Every word in those updates was subject to scrutiny and they were considered in a stricter way than a contract signed and the forum was set on fire for weeks over anything that was previewed in those updates.
    Since we are talking about ACC, they don't announce much of anything either. Every 6 months or one year they drop a trailer just before launch. And that's about it.
    So there's no real greener pastures there as well in terms of communication of the incoming content and updates.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Too much free time people.

I can't do one lap for a month, 'cause life happen.

Spontanius Great hugh to @Renato Simioni , i stop working in developing invoice Solutions for this type of "Karenism".
    Polite bulling with the reason : "i give money to you months ago, you must this an those..."
    I choose my health and family.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I guess its something the heat doing or so, or the hormones, or perhaps people get restless due the heat? holidays? I see it a lot before and during summer; more fights, more theft, more annoying situations, more litter. etc.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, sadly. At the moment they're doing the very thing that they were asked to do for years - cleaning up the game and carefully bringing the physics up to standard - which is clearly designed to set the stage for all the content and AI developments that are yet to come and will be more enjoyable and sensible if they build on a stable basis.

But people keep nagging about these flashes of upcoming content.

That's why I think a dev update would help, where what I just wrote gets explained by Renato.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't care much about dev updates or new content, but...

What I would be interested to know is how many of those low hanging fruits are still to be collected, because what I personally believe is that what AMS2 most need are the things that are past the easy bits to take.

8. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

The short answer to that would most likely be not having endured the "privilege" of being smacked across the room earlier in life, when out of line.
    Nor the privilege of having to wonder what's for dinner tonight, if anything at all.
    Which might have instilled a modicum of humility and appreciation, instead of the ever recurring glass-half-empty trope that had me almost quit this forum altogether.

And as mentioned before, the dev-updates turned out to be lose/lose where every word is subject to lethal amounts of scrutiny and criticism.
    Just buckets and buckets of whinge either way, released, not released, teased, "promised" or whatever.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. ATrainedMonkey

ATrainedMonkey New Member

Thanks, well if you or your league get around trying the F1 Retro Gen1 with the new update, let me know, nice to have some more feedback.

Btw is it a private league?

10. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

My copied words.
    Business is that iRacing is much more popular than AMS2, so AMG prefer the first release to iRacing. Now no more privilege is on the table AMS2 could drop AMG GT4.

11. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

Just tried it around Spa for a few laps on TT (default setup) and it was fine to me. Just need to feed the throttle in carefully. The old setups are not much use i guess - although i haven't tried them much and the default probably needs tweaking to suit each person's preferences. I have no idea if @steelreserv has done the default on this car but his others have improved massively on the previous defaults.

I am no spokesman, but afaik anyone can join the RPM league and it is friendly, fun and runs via the Justrace portal.
    JustRace.net | Simplified Event Management for Communities | 100% Free | No Ads | Reiza Studios Forum

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, private in the sense of we use a passworded server for the races on thursday, usually do 2 races a week, one on thursday and one on sunday, for our scheduled races check RPM League at JustRace

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Asking for information about a game on the games actual official forum is now considered entitled? Errr... OK.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. LUISO1995

LUISO1995 New Member

Yes, the crew chief was telling me my brakes were getting ddamaged before they fell apart. But with 60% of the race to go it was impossible to nurse them to the end.

Thanks for the response!

15. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

Asking for information is not entitled behaviour.

Was the person being called entitled asking for information though? Because I would say he did something very different.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

One person made reference to a mistaken "privilege" claim that iRacing somehow have first dibs to every new car in sim racing (despite the fact that another sim had the car months before iRacing). This was followed by an accusation of "entitlement" that didn't make any sense to me. Then another person suggested maybe the poster should have been beaten up more as a child(!). Probably just better to end the topic here since nothing of value will be achieved by such "discussion".

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

A dev update is in the works gents, running a bit late here as I´m juggling a few too many things at once here atm. Shouldn´t be long now :)

• Like x 28
    • Winner x 5
    • Funny x 2
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  18. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

It is surprising how Renato feels so "entitled" to tease us this way :p
    (Kidding of course you guys rocks!)

For the others reading this thread, nothing wrong asking for updates, the main concern is about the tone used or the assumptions mining devs work.
    No surprise if those kind of requests doesn't get a response from devs or let the others upset, remember there is nothing wrong asking except the "why" and the "way" you do it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Juggling too many things definitely has the potential to hurt your (mental) health. Hope this is not (yet) the case. Please take care!

And yes, looking forward to the dev update as I think they are generally very well written, and oozing with contagious passion :)

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

Yep take your time Renato we all support you and your team.:)

• Agree Agree x 4