1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.7.1 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 29, 2022.

1. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

The truth is hard to understand sometimes. But we ll all see the release (date) of the AMG GT4 :D after iRacing dropped it. It s ok and my mission was to explain the delayed release … and friendly tease REIZA to have a word :)

2. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I have been asking myself how you do that. Reiza has grown quite a bit as a company since AMS1 and especially GSCE, the development of AMS2 is more ambitious, more licences to juggle, the game engine is new and then there's everything that's happening in the world currently.

Have there been any thoughts of maybe splitting some tasks so your workload gets a little more bearable?

• Like Like x 1
  3. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Letting @steelreserv take care of the left side tires helped a bit. :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Drink a beer or 3, Renato.. Makes things easier to juggle, hehe.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

We did have a number of people joining the team over the last year so certainly on the dev front my load is already much lower, and over time more of the management duties will also be further delegated to other helping hands. Bringing people in and up to speed with new duties and ensuring they´re handling it is often a time consuming task on itself tho, so it´s a gradual process like everything else.

Lately it´s been tough to keep you folks on the other side of the counter up to date as regularly as I used to, and I´m well aware it adds to the anxiety that already exists for further improvements and for the release of content that has been pushed back - while some assembly is still in progress both on the company side as well as with the game itself which are currently stretching my limited organization skills, let me again assure you all we´ve never been as resourceful as we are now and for that I´m as chill as can be - bare with us a little longer and I´m confident your patience should pay off :)

• Like x 33
    • Friendly x 6
    • Winner x 4
    • Optimistic x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  6. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it just a matter of proofreading?

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

The last time I said that I ended up tossing the whole thing out as I’m sure you recall Roy, so let’s just go with “shouldn’t be long” for now ;)

• Funny Funny x 19
  8. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

To be honest, after the latest physics developments, and also some of the AI adjustments that came with it, I'm generally optimistic and excited to see where your sim will be one year from now.

However, to read about the restructuring going on and how Reiza's evolved just reenforced that sentiment, thanks for that additional insight!

Let's see whether AMS2's upcoming 2nd birthday has some of that aforementioned promise in store :whistle:

9. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

It's nice seeing some dev activity today, it feels like there's been hardly any of it this month

10. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hahaha fair enough....

But on a serious note, i personally feel that the last 2 updates with the physics/tyre changes were very good, i am very curious about the further development/ release of dlc content.

Now we do have you with us here, are there any plans or are you willing to have a look at in the near or slight distant future at scheduling ranked daily/weekly races on a couple of your own servers, in my opinion you could use the JustRace.net platform for this, since that works really well, and also has a own rating system in place.
    I think adding this will have a positive effect on the popularity of multiplayer on ams2, which i think already is slightly more populated then say 6 months ago, we had a open league practice server running yesterday evening, and had a total of 65 different people in there over the course of a 2 hour session.
    I always hate it when people say ams2 is not played a lot online, or that multiplayer is dead, which clearly it isnt, but it needs a bit of love, i think we all know that.

Well, luckily it wont be long now before we hear about the up and coming things.;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I volunteer as proof reader :p

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. B Stu

B Stu Member

I volunteer to be entitled

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Entitled people can get access to the pre-release title preview:

Automobilista 2 June 2022 Development Update*

[​IMG]

* subject to potential changes in case it's released in July or later :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Nathan Explosion

Nathan Explosion New Member

Wow is this ever condescending and completely out of line.

You don't agree with someone on the internet so they should've been hit as a child? Wow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

lads just chill and watch the grand prix (or try driving the not-f1 car around the not-circuit gilles villeneuve)

• Like Like x 1
  16. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Renato, as usual, brings the smiles. I find it sooo cool that a developer takes the time when possible to reach out to us gamers to let us know how things are truly proceeding. Renato etal took on a lot with the new project and it faced some challenges, but all along the game constantly improves and he keeps us informed as business allows. What other company does that?

This gives me much pleasure as I switch from one work thing to another. AMS2 makes my day before I even fire up the game!

Thanks, Renato.

• Like Like x 8
  17. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It’s understandable that people can get upset about new content, but yeah, let’s chill a bit or better yet, get your fix in another way, like the DPi.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Meanwhile in assetto corsa, the latest tyre model update went in another direction...

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

I take the original fix,tastes better!

Cheers:)

20. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sure no porposing there :D

• Funny Funny x 1