1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultimate Gamepad Feature

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by BighGreenHall, Jun 15, 2022.

1. BighGreenHall

BighGreenHall New Member

This is not a request to prioritize gamepad development over steering wheel development.

Ultimate Gamepad Feature would be:
    To simply make use of the 360° degree rotational capability of the gamepad thumbstick.
    This will atleast give you the same amount of steering accuracy on a gamepad, as a formula 1 steering wheel. 180° degrees to left and 180° degrees to the right.

And I assume it would be very low and simple development cost.

Hope to see it in this game. It would be a world first.
    Most gamepad developers are not intelligent enough to see what is literally right in front of their nose. Hope this SIMULATION developer can show them how it's really done. Cause I love Reiza's habbit of doing such things. lol.

Anyway, best game ever. Thanks.

2. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Interesting idea... but for me the ultimate gamepad feature would be to include the option to completely disable all filters & dampers, enable raw input, and fine tune from there like we could do in AMS1. Also having proper controller vibration like in AMS1 would be great too.
    The current way gamepad is implemented in AMS2 with built-in filters that cannot be turned off and cause input delay and prevents players from having full control of the cars is a huge turn off to me.

Unfortunately Reiza doesn't seem to care much about controller users at the moment. People have been complaining for a long time about controller support in AMS2, there have been a number of posts in the general discussion section and in the beta section of the forums, not a single response from developers as to why AMS2's controller support is basically PCars2's controller settings with mostly the same issues, and no word if or when they'll fulfill their promise to make controller support in AMS2 as good as it was in AMS1.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

controller user myself, I find the handling better on AMS 2 than on PC2. And I will add that I am satisfied with what Reiza is currently offering. No complaint from my side at this level but it is only my personal opinion.

4. FS7

Imo controller support in AMS2 is slightly better than in PCars2 (with the same issues as PCars2 like built-in filters & no vibration) but it's nowhere near how good it was in AMS1.
    If you're enjoying the game that's a good thing.

5. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I don't know AMS1, maybe that's why I find AMS2 good with a controller. Hope you receive the controller options you expect. Have a nice day.

• Like Like x 1
  6. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

I think it's completely the same with steer lock feature - better sensitivity curve. Anything ISI based is years ahead. You have full control of the car there.

7. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Exactly! When I played PC1 and PC2 on consoles I loved AMS2. These times are long gone. Currently I play rF2, R3E, sometimes ACC and if I want something good and older I go with AMS1. All games have amazing gamepad steering.

8. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Wow, I just tried PC2 on a console (no space for AMS2 on a PC) and it's not bad at all. I played Grid Legends recently a lot and that could be the reason. Many rather arcade games are highly filtered and PC2 is partly similar. So if you want great skill for AMS2, try Grid or Forza Horizon. :D

9. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

I started to mix PC2 and PC1 and love it! PC1 is much better on a gamepad but PC2 is better overall. I am ready for AMS2! I just need some HDD space...

10. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

LOL, I found out I like PC1 and 2 very much but AMS2 feels a bit boring. :D Any help?

11. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

At the good old IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 we have this screen:

[​IMG]

What it do: Let you configure the sensitivity of each axis in a more detailed way. Assetto Corsa have something close, but not as efficient.

You can see that you have teen sliders with number. Each slide command 10% of the axis and the slide is how much percent of the input is counted... like a sensibility curve (or straight... player's choice). At the left, the red dots are how far you are moving your flightstick (two axes for the stick - X, Y - and one for the rudder - Z) and the green is how it's inputting inside the simulation.

The ideal (for a gamepad steering) is that the first half (or third) have very small numbers (that is the same with IL-2... this guy on the screenshoot is using an awful configuration) and the last part reach the maximum of the input.

My personal config in IL2 don't even get into 100%... is something like 1, 9, 17, 26, 35, and them the big numbers until 100 (but I didn't used it until 100 because IL-2 controls are too much sensitive compared with a real aircraft, so my last number is around 80 or 85... can't remember right now).

With AMS2, Reiza could do it to every axis and all sensitivities issues would be resolved, specially with gamepad. Them, people simply will share their configs for each gamepad (or pedal set... maybe with older steering wheels that don't have 900º) and there will be no more bothering about gamepad.

Cheers e um grande abraço!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. FS7

That's really interesting but imo Reiza doesn't need to do something overly complex, all they need to do is to include all the controller options we had in AMS1, especially the option to disable all the filters & dampers and enable raw input and fine tune from there.
    I've been playing AMS1 in the past week and the difference in controller response between AMS1 & AMS2 is very noticeable, AMS1's controller support is considerably better imo.
    Reiza said that they're going to make controller support in AMS2 as good as it was in ASM1 but so far they're not anywhere close to fulfilling that promise.

• Like Like x 3
  13. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

True, but this is the principle, better settings. All we need. And maybe you are right, AMS2 could have a bit better input (not sensitivity) than PC2 game. It felt a bit more responsive.

• Informative Informative x 1