1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiplayer issues

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Kevin Cox, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Kevin Cox

Kevin Cox Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza please please please do something about multiplayer. If this isn't sorted soon AMS 2 will die.

I've just started getting back into AMS 2 since all the latest physics updates etc. I am really liking how the cars are starting to feel now. The only thing killing it for me is the multiplayer side of AMS 2. The peer to peer system just isn't good enough. Major lag etc. Also there are so many bugs where for example when the qual session ends and the we are all waiting for the host to move it onto the next session nothing ever happens. This means all the practice and qual before the race was a complete waste of time. This puts people off coming back to AMS 2 to play it online.

We desperately need a proper dedicated server that handles the traffic stead of a so called dedicated server that acts just as another peer to peer connection.

Again Reiza please sort this soon.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Because people missed it or keep purposefully forgetting, the post below is from June 3rd 2022
    https://forum.reizastudios.com/thre...officially-released.25085/page-11#post-186383

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Kevin Cox

Kevin Cox Active Member AMS2 Club Member

4. Commandant Lassard

Commandant Lassard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just chimeing in to say I have had some very satisfying multiplayer battles recently. But agree the practice to quali to race bug happens way too often. My multi player pet peeve is the no join in last two mins of quali feature. Please put option to start the race from the pit lane if joining late.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I must say, even if I don't have thousands of hours on the clock, 150 hrs isn't nothing and I have only seen this bug once. I completely understand that Reiza have their priorities and I get that they're focusing on the best fixes they can make in the shortest period of time.
    The vast majority of players are offline players, which is a shame tbh, that's something online players tend to forget.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

A lot of folks feel the same way you do and have been asking for multiplayer updates. Unfortunately there has been very little traction with MP updates from Reiza and it doesn't seem MP is a priority for the team. So instead of harping about a lack of multiplayer updates, some of us that just decided to move on and not use AMS2 as much in our leagues.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1