1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Finally, thanks to Reiza for this possibility of the custom ffb . But above all thanks to Karsten Hividberg for his ingenious and fantastic physics, without this it would never have been possible to make such customs. It's like a puzzle, you just have to put it together what belongs together. Actually, the file should be called best of Karsten. Nice weekend and here my file V40

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Please dont take this as a rant to the Game or work being done by contributors here but I am struggling o enjoy the Game as much as I used to.

been using Custom FFB back in 2020 from Karsten and Nuscorpii, and especially the latter suit my TSPC racer wheel and FFB taste well.

What I feel these days is a lack of
    1. Overall car weight (feels like its floating)
    2. Car Inertia on turn-in slow corner or countersteer (its very low and cars spin too easily)
    3. bit of vague center wheel feeling
    I have been trying Rfuktor variants, Danielkart as well as the attempt of a person posting here but could not get really to the wow factor I someday had with AMS2.

Maybe I am a bit spoiled because I have played RF2 a lot this year, and please dont flame, the cars physics of S397 and premium mods are spot on in terms of physics.

anyway, hope its teh right place for getting advice at what I could do to overcome these concerns

PS been playing a lot PC2 back in the days and either JackSpade or Popsracer Custom FFB files sorted these problems for me

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Danielkart

Hey! Absolutely no problem. FFB is as subjective as a good meal. Everyone has different tastes

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. jimortality

jimortality Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a TSPC racer wheel and I like your files thank you. I prefer version 38 to this new one so I will keep with that. Thanks again for doing these.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

thank you for your reply

in that case, do you mind sharing what parameters in your file could help with these 3 concerns I am facing?

1. Overall car weight (feels like its floating)
    2. Car Inertia on turn-in slow corner or countersteer (its very low and cars spin too easily)
    3. bit of vague center wheel feeling

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
  6. Danielkart

Hello Nolive! That is very difficult to answer (subjectively, base, wheel and and.....) Point 1 I unfortunately can't suggest anything because I absolutely don't have that with me. Point 2 you can try to increase the centering 0.5. Point 3 seems to me to be more of an in-game and base setting, try to find a good balance for yourself with LFB and damping

7. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Follow Danielkart advices, plus...
    1. Doublecheck for updated TM driver and follow advices related to Default CP (TM TX user here).
    2. Recalibrate wheel ingame and check linearity.
    3. Read the initial lines of the "ffb_custom_settings.txt" for some advices there.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have been using this file with the recent beta build, and I'm pleased to report it works absolutley great. Thank you.

I have only used it with the P3 Roco, and the FFB feels REALLY good -the best I've experienced so far with AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

thanks

done all that already but appreciate the reminders. I have some freetime tomorrow night so I will do some more testing.

made a mistake in the meantime, went back to AMS1 and drove same cars on same tracks that are underwhelming, for me, in AMS2 and I had an enjoyable experience against the concerns I expressed in my original post.

lets see what a dedicated FFB tuning session tomorrow can bring me

but yes thanks again for the feedback

10. BobS

BobS New Member

Any changes for a T300 you would make?

11. Danielkart

Hello BobS! Unfortunately I can't say anything about that because I don't have this base. Try the different Customs, whether mine or other Customs, and choose what you like best:)

12. Danielkart

Hello, everyone! Thanks to the big and ingenious tire update from Reiza, I was able to improve my custom again. For me personally it is now a "final" custom file that I will leave as it is. Of course it can be changed according to personal taste and depending on the base. The file is based on the 5.01 , but I've tried to integrate and combine the best of Karsten Hivdberg, the best of Karsten's fantastic physics. The biggest change is the static_force adjustment and the hiding of the exp_static_force values. But also other adjustments which led to positive changes. The steering has now become even more direct and smooth (homogeneous). The stability (chassis) has again improved greatly. The front axle can be felt very well and the loss of grip on the curbs can now be felt very well. Sliding has also been reduced. I wish you a lot of fun and enjoy this wonderful simulation whether with my custom or another, Reiza deserves it. Nice time for you all:)

• Like Like x 4
  13. Danielkart

Best of Karsten Hvidberg from Daniel V42
    Addendum: Adaptation of the Custom to Update V1.3.8.3 of Reiza

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 12
  14. tk84

tk84 Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah nice, look forward to giving it a try this weekend

• Like Like x 1
  15. jimortality

jimortality Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been running the v38 on my TSPC and that was feeling great! V40 didn't quite hit the mark for me but this v42 is the one lol! Slightly tighter feel for me than 38 which is how I like it now Danielson please stop there :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Thanks for the hard work, very much appreciated. Just wondering what you mean by "sliding is reduced"
    Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

FFB feels off to me after most recent update: The speed scaling is too drastic with all profiles now it seems. At slow speeds, there is almost no resistance felt at the wheel, and then high speeds resistance picks up a lot. Anyone else notice this?

18. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I haven't tested the default+ ffb lately however, I find the (perceived?) increase in ffb dynamic range to be excellent when using the custom ffb profile. It feels more natural, and the upper range of resistance allows for a greater sense of grip-loss / adhesion near the limit. It may be as close to rF2 ffb as can be achieved, imo.

Part of the reason the current ffb works well for me may be that I use a good amount of Friction (wheel driver setting) to establish a "baseline resistance" where the steering weight is already lending itself to a more natural result.

Also, I use about 45% Damping (AMS2-ffb).

19. Danielkart

Absolutely no problems for me. Maybe you should delete the setup profiles and start again. Or maybe check your base settings

20. sdubbin

sdubbin New Member AMS2 Club Member

My Simucube felt the same , I deleted the setup folder and it is back to normal now