1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mario Moretti

Mario Moretti Member AMS2 Club Member

I state that I am a fan of Reiza, I bought the complete package of the game in the pre-launch phase.
    But, as a singles player, I think Reiza should focus her efforts on equalizing A.I.'s performance.

In the current state, the sim is absolutely not satisfactory, in some tracks too fast, in others too slow, in others it brakes too early, in others it accelerates unreally out of corners, in short, unacceptable.

I THINK that reiza should concentrate its efforts on an optimization and calibration of the I. A., provided that Madness engine allows it.
    I do not claim that this is free. Instead of paying DLC for new cars or tracks, I would gladly pay even more to get an excellent I.A ..
    If this is not possible due to the limitations of the engine used or the inherent difficulty in rendering an A.I. credible, I think it's honest of Reiza to admit the state of affairs.

I use, for example, the I.A. in Iracing and I find it of good quality.

I would like to know, as a buyer, if AMS2 will be able to offer us similar quality.

I would appreciate a sincere response from Team Reiza.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Unster

Unster New Member

Yes, that and the bad cameras. There's no excuse for these. These things have made me completely stop playing the game. Naturally I won't be buying any more DLC. The game has great potential, but it's very disappointing to see Reiza constantly tweaking cars instead of focusing on the big issues.

3. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it's better to sort out the handling for the players first and then properly calibrate the AI. Doing it the other way round is just a waste of time, as once another physics tweak lands the calibration needs redoing for all tracks and cars combinations.

I know it's frustrating, but it's a long term project and update after update it's getting better and better.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. R00bDriver

R00bDriver Member

The AI in iRacing is arguably the best in Sim Racing at this present time (which is saying something for a predominantly 'online' racing simulator). They (the AI) attack, they defend, they make mistakes. they are genuinely fun and a challenge to race against.

The AI in AMS2 in my eyes leaves a little to be desired. they (the AI) twitch about when you get near to them which completely break the immersion, they bunch up and drive in packs and refuse to overtake. Notwithstanding the difference in pace between tracks - which to be honest - I could except - there's a lot of car types and a lot of tracks to balance.

However, credit where it is due - the AI has got better; but it's not finished yet IMO.

I also wish the cockpit camera would be changed, there's just something unnatural about the way it moves around, it makes me motion sick - and I don't usually get motion sickness - and I don't drive in VR (just a curved ultrawide).

I just cant find a happy medium with any camera setting I have tried, and I use R3E, rF2, iRacing and ACC - all of which are different but I can adjust quite quickly to each.

AMS2 is just different. Can't get on with it. Very odd.

• Like Like x 2
  5. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Did you try legacy camera setting combined to "world movement" as close to 0 as you support it ?

I really dislike the default camera settings that makes the cockpit bounce unnaturally, but above settings (which where the original default) fix it for me, at the expense of potentially highly shaking horizon depending on track/car (for which increasing "world movement" can reduce), which is fine for me.

6. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

It's actually not, which is the frustrating part. AI has not made any significant steps forward for the better part of the last two years. They still don't feel dirty air, they still get boosts for driving directly behind other AI, they still don't know how to outbrake each other, they are still completely erratic in terms of pace, they still (in formula cars) out-accelerate the player by ridiculous amounts, they barely defend, and never do so in a meaningful way. These are all issues that have been there since AMS2's 1.0 release and the progress on that front is non-existant.

I get that this is most likely because of the numerous physics revisions, but I really hope that these finally stop now (we are at a very satisfactory place now with the revised sidewalls) and we can make up for the lack of progress by quickly making some significant steps.

7. R00bDriver

R00bDriver Member

Probably.
    But I'll try those settings and see what it does!

I rarely play AMS2 at the moment, which is a shame, as I like a lot of the content, but just can't get that damned camera view correct!

8. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wait, how about the errors and custom AI parameters? If those aren't significant, then I don't know what is.

There were some other amendments covering the weaving for example etc. It's moving, slowly, but moving :)

9. Mario Moretti

Mario Moretti Member AMS2 Club Member

Sadly,
    i think that the Madness Engine dont allow to tune the A.I. in the way us wish.
    Not Reiza fault, and then not magic that Reiza can do.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. R00bDriver

R00bDriver Member

Sorry for the late reply, but I tried your settings and they were the best I've tried so far!

Thanks for sharing :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have issues with the ai clumping in packs, and being slow on corner exits. I'm hoping these will be fixed for v1.4, as oval racing will suck if the ai is scared and cannot pass each other.

• Agree Agree x 4