1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Troubleshooting - Automobilista 2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. spyke70

spyke70 New Member

Reiza when to implement the triple screen correction in game? as it is now with the Asus Bezel the setup is very difficult, I don't get out alive !!! I beg you !

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. guidc79

guidc79 New Member

After update to version 1.3.5.2 the Stock Car 2022 and the Galeão track just disappeared.

3. guidc79

guidc79 New Member

Problem solved, now the game runs ok. I made another download and the cars and the track appeared.

4. Balint Benedek

Balint Benedek New Member

Hi everyone,

I lost my rating progress couple of days ago.
    I had a A17xx rating, but now I only have U1500, and I can't see my recent history.
    I attach an image that shows my stats are there, but my rating is like I hadn't done a race yet:

[​IMG]
    Can anyone help me?
    Is it possible that I got a ban or something?

Thank you in advance!

5. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I can't help you, but you're not alone.
    Before 1.3.5.0 steam used to download files that restored the rating when you deleted the AMS2 folder after an update.
    Sees like it does not happen anymore, or I changed something in the cloud setting that prevents it. Obviously, the .sav file is not stored elsewhere.

6. Victor Freitas

Victor Freitas New Member

after installing this update if, in the middle of a session I return to pits, then I cannot leave it. It seems that the wheel and pedals do not work. And I have to skip to the end or leave the session and start again. Anyone experiencing such a bug?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. fr0xyo

fr0xyo New Member

Exact same bug here!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Singleplayer or Multiplayer?

Could you please screenshot all your gameplay settings?

9. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So far, I've experienced the "unable to leave pits after Return To Pits" bug on multiplayer servers where Manual Pitstops was OFF, but not on servers where I could drive out of the garage manually.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

I had a pitting issue too, but more destructive. Not pleased.
    WTH just happened?! Game broken G29?

As I pressed 'Return to pits' my wheel made a large crack noise and started turning left...that's when I started recording.

11. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

Fanatec Wheel LED’s quit working only on AMS2. Fanalab and the game both show them to be turned on, but dont work.

12. aboe_83

aboe_83 ABOE AMS2 Club Member

Hi @Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Could you please tell me the rendering API which AMS2 uses? I want to setup ReShade and it is asking for this info. I'm assuming it is DX11 but I cannot be sure. I searched this forum and the PC Gaming Wiki but could not find this info on either.

13. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

DX11 is correct.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Experiencing huge FPS loss after the update. I was running max or ultra on basically everything prior to the 1.3.8.0 release candidate and now I can barely get 40 FPS. Running M1 pro car around Red Bull Ring. It doesn't appear that my GPU is trying to

Set all graphics setting to low and still had 40 FPS with extreme lag almost as if everything was moving in slow motion.

Reverted to 1.3.7.1 with same car and track combo and bumped setting back to ultra and FPS at 90+ and all lag gone...

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Processor (6X 3.7GHz/32MB L3 Cache)
    16GB [8GB x 2] DDR4-3200MHz RGB
    AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT - 12GB (VR-Ready)
    Storage 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB HDD

15. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

Was going to post about this exact same issue.
    Thing is I'm not sure if this is on the side of AMS2 or Nvidia as I downloaded updates to the game as well as my graphics drivers at around the same time.
    But yeah. Lowering settings, changing resolution, disabling post processing etc. FPS is still throttled when I was sure I was able to run fairly large races with different weather patterns and never dipping too far from 60 FPS.
    For curiosity, as they're the same engine I tried a race in Project Cars 2 and it ran as smoothly as I remembered AMS2 going.
    I've got a GeForce 2060 Ti, 500GB hard drive and a 1TB HDD as well.

16. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

I'm having problems mapping buttons with v1.3.8.1, though it might not be because of any changes in this version, as I don't map buttons often.

I've never seen a way to unmap a button, so what I've done in the past is go through all the functions I want to unmap and assign them all one after the other to a button that I do want to use, say DRS on button 0, and after doing the last function I want gone, I map that button back, in this case button 0 back to DRS. I know this is long-winded and silly, but it used to work.

When I do this now, the first reassignment works, but then I get a message saying the button is invalid displayed (I forget the exact text) for all subsequent reassignments and that button becomes unassignable.

Is there a way to unmap a button without having to go through this stupidity, and if not, why not?

How do I get around this invalid input I'm getting that's stopping a perfectly valid assignment from happening?

Is there a way to turn off the buttons operating the game's user interface, which can be really annoying?

I use a G29 and LGS (not GHub).

17. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

Well, having had a discussion on Discord after an AMS2 race, I asked the others about how to un-map buttons, and nobody knew how. Someone beavered away while we chatted, bashing away at the keyboard and discovered that pressing Backspace deleted a mapping. Would it be possible @Renato Simioni to display some help regarding what various keys do? I already knew that Esc cancelled an in progress mapping, but really this needs stating, as does pressing Backspace to delete an existing mapping, and any other functionality too.

18. Dirk Muessener

Dirk Muessener New Member

Did you solve the low FPS? Asking as I am sufferung from the same issue since 1.3.8.x

19. Hardiel

Hardiel New Member

Hello,
    I have problem with crashes during raceing/hotlaps/practics.
    After about 5-10 min game suddenly crash and shut down to desktop. I've getting almost always 'bug splat' report to send.
    I try almost everything:
    - different controller (TM ts-xw and xbox Elite 2 controller)
    - newest GPU drivers (and even old drivers)
    - different graphic settings
    - update matherboard drivers
    - different screen settings and input different display: tv and monitor

My computer setup:
    Gigabyte Z590 gaming x
    NVIDIA RTX 3080 12GB
    I-7 11k
    32gb RAM

20. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

The problem went away for me after one of the recent hotfixes, Don't know if others are still dealing with it currently.