Steeringwheel ingame not synchronised with actual wheel

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Robin_NL, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Member

Hi to all. I'm new with Automobilista, but have been playing Assetto Corsa for 3 years now and started with GPL back in the last century, RBR, LFS etc. I play(ed) them all...

I love the feel and FFB also versus AC which says a lot, having been my refernce point the last years.

I just started with a G920(had a G25 since 2006...) which I know is not the best compatible with Automobilista atm, but works fine with AC.

In AMS I see the Ultima 720 Road steering wheel is synchronised with my actual G920 when steering LOOKSWISE.
    but the Race Ultima wheel isn't (not in 540/630 whatever degrees I put it).
    Same goes for Caterham 620.
    AC doesn't have that issue. It's just synchronised.
    What am I doing wrong in the Logitech Profiler/AMS UI?
    I tried almost everything or it's sometimes just not possible if the steering ingame is too low in degrees, or do I have to set the default degrees in Profiler at xxx degrees depending?

Thanks

Cheers
    Robin

2. Auduns75

Auduns75 RWB Audi AMS2 Club Member

Have you checked if steering assistance is turned on by a mistake, this can manifest itself as differences in wheel rotation. Default button for this is F1, easy to hit when trying to use esc to go to the menus.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Member

Thanks. I will try and take a look at that one.
    But first I have to solve Norton throwing ams.exe into quarantaine....:(

Cheers
    Robin

4. elnando8

elnando8 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Removing Norton is thesol
    Uninstall Norton, and you'll be fine. Anyway pay attention from where and what you download and most of the problems with "viruses" is a thing of the past. If i' m totally wrong reply please.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Member

Thanks
    Haha, I agree, but uninstalling Norton is a very rigorous thing and I paid for the subscription :)
    So I clicked a few boxes in it and now I can play AMS again..

Ontopic: the steeringhelp and rest is set to OFF. I only drive with autoclutch/throttleblip/ auto lift and Ignition ON, the rest is set to OFF.

Cheers
    Robin

6. elnando8

elnando8 New Member AMS2 Club Member

And what about the option "Enable custom steering range" is it turned on or off?

7. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Member

It's turned off.

Turning it on makes it worse, ingame steeringwheel rotation got even slower vs my G920...

Cheers
    Robin

8. Zin

Zin New Member

Robin
    Is it that your wheel rotation is correct but that the graphics are off (you have wheel to be shown).
    Garry

9. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Member

Exactly. So when my actual real life wheel turns 90 degrees, the wheel ingame turns let's say 75/80 degrees max.

Cheers
    Robin

10. Zin

Zin New Member

Robin
    Is your calibration within game sowing correct--are the red bars following your wheel correct. It seems a calibration is off somewhere in game or within windows Control Panel -> Game Controllers
    Garry

11. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Member

In Controller.ini I already put Steering Wheel to 900 degrees and User Steeringwheel too. Ingame(UI) the red bars when turning wheel are 100% ok.

Cheers
    Robin