1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EV's In Sims - Discussion

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Maser V6, Jul 17, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Yes absolutely. I think it is a shame that rallycross isn't a bigger sport like F1 or so. It is much more exciting IMO. Also love to race rallycross in sims myself. Unfortunately, PC2 isn't really appealing anymore due to f.i. the lack of championships. And I couldn't get Dirt Rally 2 to work with my wheel (VRS direct force pro). So, patiently waiting for Reiza to bring (EV) rallycross :)

2. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

3. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well that's an interesting alternative for people who don't like the high-pitched whine of electric race cars. :)

4. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Yeah there's too many turbos in sims these days... :whistle:

5. Scar666

I love the EVs in the racing world and would love to see more in the sim racing world...

If Reiza got the most technologically advanced racing cars into their sims then there'd be no reason to go elsewhere...

No I'm not talking about the Williams FW15C and it's driver aids, I'm talking about the current gen FE car with it's futuristic sounds, 4WD and all the technology under it's hood...

LMP1 cars from the last decade plus would also be really high on my list of wants, same with 2023 spec BTCC (a generic class with a FWD and a RWD would be great as there's licensing issues for now) and the new DPi's...

All that said, the sim racing world is going to be the ONLY place where an ICE can race at some point in the near future... So more ICE engines than EV engines would be great, and with all the vintage content in AMS2 already more of it will be fitting...

6. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Short answer: No
    Long answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Alternative answer: How about no

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I'am currently 50 years old and own an VW up! as a shopping cart
    Simulators like AMS2, AC, Dirt Rally etc. for me are mainly time machines to bring me back to my active motorsport times. Since all of that took place before 2000, that is where my focus is, 1973-2000. I actually participated in a "Solar cup rallye" in 1996 in one of that sailplane like lightweight EVs with Solar panel and bicycle tires that barely made 70km/h downhill. That's from there on what I consider EV racing ;)

8. Scar666

I worked on something similar in the 90s... Never made the connection between a solar car and an EV... I wonder if FE had solar panels how long their races could become...

For me the comparison for current EV racers to the sailplane solar car is no different comparing a 1993 Williams FW15C to one of these... ;)

upload_2023-1-23_17-1-34.png

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Panoz had this 100% e-car reasonable ready for the 24H LeMans when the CEO died and the project was stopped.:(

ByTheWay: The intention was to change the whole side loaded battery pack with the same sequence as the petrol cars was pitting.

panoz_side-loading_batteries.jpg

10. Scar666

There's a lot of interesting things that get thrown at Le Mans...

There's also the plan to have electric looms placed around the entire lap in order to allow a car to only pit for tyres... Whilst constantly at full charge so unlike the ICE's they won't be saving energy...

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

I find electric cars to be far more interesting to drive in sims than watch on track, so yes :D

It's a strange but interesting feeling going that fast and suddenly being aware of the wind and tires so much, heh.

• Agree Agree x 2