1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Default or Default + Profiles?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Gary_S, Jul 23, 2022.

1. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey, what are the differences of these in game, and, what affect does it have on the ffb?

2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Default+ provides more ffb detail by way of bump effects, brake effects, etc. Use of LFB and FX can increase / decrease the level of detail further.

If the user desires even more detail / adjustability, a wide range of custom-ffb files may be applied (one at a time).

3. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for this. I usually race on default but turn down the road effects. My theory is that the tyres are interacting with the road anyway, so I get a more "true" feedback.
    Whereas road effects in the menu are likely canned effects?
    I might try my current settings on Defaut+ and see what happens.
    Is there a general consensus as to which one is better?

4. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Which is best being a matter of user preference, I haven't explored either default extensively. I prefer more detail for the immersion factor but, also run with pretty weighty and dampened ffb, which requires more FX than the defaults can provide.

I'm not sure where physics-based effects and canned effects begin & end (technically speaking) but then, I like immersion over realism (in ffb). The custom-ffb option offers the maximum in terms of personalization.

• Informative Informative x 1