1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BLOODY GRASS

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Petrolhead, Jul 5, 2022.

1. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

If you overshoot a corner and are heading to the grass, immediately drop throttle. Depending on your speed you have to wait until you feel the tack of the front tires start to come in. When you have general control, slowly orient your car in the direction you want to go. Shift into a higher gear and start to apply light throttle. Be patient and try to regain the track under control hugging the side of the track and being deliberate enough so people behind can clearly see you are regaining under control so they can avoid you. Realize you made a mistake and concede positions. Once you get back up to speed you can battle again.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This could all be a lot worse. Here is the top split of Iracing’s spa24 race;

2F5A8674-D2BD-4C10-A78E-45C5A221FBC5.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 5
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Insta-ban wave incoming :D

4. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

what are they doing? is the friction less on grass? aka can they gain speed? i know for sure in ams2 the roll resistance is alot higher on grass (slowing u down)

gotta admit the tire tracks or trails that are left behind the cars in the grass looks great, meanwhile ams2 cant even proper display skidmarks of other vehicles consistantly

5. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Cooling the tyres for better grip.

6. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Apparently the iRacing grass exploit has been known for a while and they just temp-ban instead of bothering to patch it out.

I still remember being frustrated that the RX layout on Sonoma had more grip off in the grass than on the dirt/gravel on the track. :oops:

7. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

ha, thats interesting, i also started doing this in ams2 cuz i thought IRL grass isnt as hot as the road surface, no idea if it works xD

8. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That certainly does look silly, doesn't it? Apparently at least one team kind of tried to justify it after the race but then explained that's not what they wanted. It's beyond me how there can't be an agreement between teams before the event not to use this bug, because, you know, if nobody takes advantage of it nobody gets an unfair advantage. If everyone takes advantage of it where's your advantage then? :D Kind of makes ZERO sense imo.

Baffling.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022