1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, that also could do with a change as well, i didn't know that as i hardly ever play offline, but good point

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Andy Sperber

Andy Sperber Member

Hi!
    I would like to find following features someday in AMS2 (king of sim):
    - Ranked MP a la iracing or raceroom
    - new fresh car setup UI (like ACC but even better, with realtime graphs etc.)
    - Build in Telemetry recoder
    - Free Camera in general to fly around the track etc.
    - Replay Free cam and the ability to jump to every point in time
    - Auto Director that show battles between cars automatically (if i watch an AI race from the pits via race Monitor for example)
    - Spark simulation for the cars that produce some (raceroom has some nice imo)
    - Some kind of better default setups
    - Better Spray and rain optic, like AC Mods, Fog etc. Water improvement, i wanna see single drops; better die rate of the spray
    - Car Radar integrated in the standard HUD
    - Car Garage with paintshop etc.
    - Better desaturated colours in gereral (less is more)
    - Overall more next gen look of UI
    - Full Gt3 grid (or some more)
    - Tracks like Norisring, Zolder etc.
    - More Sound slider for different sounds
    - Reworked or deeper sounds to get closer to raceroom etc.
    - Moving and "living" ppl around the track
    - Better shadows
    - Better Antialiasing

Peace out!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
    • Useful Useful x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  3. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Custom online grids (controlled by host)

Been in a few Discord leagues that wanted to try reverse grids or use grid penalties from previous races. There is a way to work around the lack of grid customization by just assigning people a target time in quali, but it would be nice to have a solution in the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. GeekyDeaks

GeekyDeaks Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure if this has been asked before, but I'd like to see some extra 'general purpose' sliders added to the FFB settings when you select 'custom' that you can then use to tweak values in your own file. Currently I am re-purposing the dampening and fx, which works to an extent, but it would be nice to keep them for their intended purpose

5. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Totally, when I'm driving at Cadwell I want to be able to see customers digging for coins in their pockets to pay for their bacon butty at the van.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. hb22

hb22 Member

Maybe even better would be if we had the option to randomise the lap number that the weather slot changes happen on? So for example with a 30 lap race and 3 random weather slots, instead of the weather changing around laps 10 and 20, it might change on 5 and 16. Or anywhere in between! Would probably need to ensure there is a minimum gap of 2 laps between weather changes, but random otherwise.

I think this would be more fun as it would make planning pit stops more realistic as you never know when the weather will change, or even if it will change at all - in the above example, with the current system on lap 25 you can be sure there will be no further changes. But on the random setting, you would not know whether the final slot has already started (but the same or similar weather has been chosen so it was not obviously noticeable) or if the final slot is still to come.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. hb22

hb22 Member

A few further suggestions : )

Full course yellows

I haven't seen full course yellows (in fact I'm not sure if I've seen any yellows) but I think full course yellows are very important for realism and fun. It makes the race feel more alive when you see a yellow flag and know the AI has been in an incident somewhere, also it can affect pit strategy, also it can give you something to keep racing for when you are a long way behind (knowing there is a chance of an incident which will allow you to catch up).

Frequency of AI driver mistakes

I am glad to see there is a way to customise AI driver mistakes via XML files but maybe it would be a good idea to have a slider in game that allows us to set the frequency of mistakes? Eg beneath Driver Skill and Driver Aggression, have Driver Mistakes, with the default being 50 and the user can increase or decrease this depending on preferences.

Automatic car stop and retirement on large impact
    I have seen some very large barrier impacts (both my car and also AI cars) where the game did not register much/any damage and the drivers just turned around and carried on. I think if there is an impact greater than say 30G (?) then that engine should be turned off, we should have course yellow flags and the driver should retire. In real life I believe that would happen regardless of car damage, to assess the driver etc. Someone else suggested a crane to remove cars, this would be very nice but having it vanish after 1-2 laps and ideally when the player is on the other side of the track would be fine for now.

Flag display
    It would be great to see flags waved from the side of the track and/or electronic flag panels on the sides of tracks.

Trackside atmosphere
    I think the visuals and atmosphere could be improved a lot relatively easily, As an example I have shown below a picture of coming onto the main straight at Monza in F1 22 vs AMS2:
    -More crash barrier advertisements
    -Large flags with track or commercial advertisements (eg the P Zero in top left)
    -Advertisements on top of grand stand
    -National flags being waved by crowds. EDIT - 50% nationality of the track, 50% random grid driver nationalities : )
    -Audible crowd noise from grandstands
    -Off track cranes and vehicles and general clutter, increases sense of speed and realism
    EDIT - I guess some users may prefer not to have the full "circus" at all races, especially lower tiers. So perhaps this could be added to just the F1 tracks first, or even better have it optional.

F1 22
    upload_2022-7-30_8-9-29.png

AMS2
    upload_2022-7-30_8-10-1.png

Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

100% everything you said (except the auto-retire), and the good news is that FCY is coming with V1.4 with the new oval content

• Like Like x 1
  9. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I’m really not a fan of the way AI can literally roll their car, land on 4 wheels and immediately take off like nothing happened. It’d be great if the engine switched off if a car went >90deg on the pitch or roll axis

10. rmagid1010

How do you get the ai to do a barrel roll? Where is the launch ramp?

11. hb22

hb22 Member

Yes good point, I've seen this several times on the open wheelers.

Just to clarify I still think the end goal should be a damage system that accurately models everything and the car should only be undrivable when the damage model says it is undrivable. I see this auto off + retire (upon massive impact or upside down) as a temporary solution that would improve what we currently have (less unrealistic scenes as described above, and more yellow flags and retirements) in hopefully just a couple of lines of code.

12. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Based on Game Build: Any
    Request Title: Ability to access old builds via Steam's beta feature
    Description: The ability to access earlier builds of the game using Steam's beta feature, like what's already done with the Release Candidate feature (Maybe just old major builds, like 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and so on if they can't put all the incremental ones in)
    Benefits: Probably not many to most people, but I just think it would be a neat thing to have for the sake of seeing how the sim has progressed over the years (I'm a total nerd for stuff like this :whistle:), recording footage or accessing skins from older versions

13. RockyTM

RockyTM Modder AMS2 Club Member

Based on Game Build: Any
    Request Title: Ability to activate Broadcast in Friends Only MP Game. (Or register private MP with steam)
    Description: When you change session setting from private to friends only, Broadcast mode is no longer possible. You can still add both a director and a broadcaster, but they are now counted as racers, and on a track that supports only 16 cars, you can only add 14 drivers, if you want a director and broadcaster as well. If you choose private game to get this feature working (16 drivers plus director and broadcaster), the lobby will not be registered with steam, and your friends can't join without being invited.
    Benefit: With broadcast on in friends only, you can have a full grid pluss broadcaster and director. If Rallycross will be introduced at some point, this will become especially important, since rallytracks typically only supports 6 drivers. In some instances, (like quering steamworks for friends lobby, and generate a link for joining), private game will not work. Of course, registrering private game with Steam would also be a good solution for this.

14. rmagid1010

Ability to lose drs ability if rear wing is damaged (if not already)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It would be nice if I could see the Steam-names of the other players in the online lobbies, It seems people can use other names now, that is fine if they want to, but I rather see the steam-names
    Perhaps an option to choose game or steam name of opponents

16. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

i think it still shows the steamnames of people online, i dont think there is another option, only offline you can change your name

17. iksmean

iksmean Member

Can y'all pretty pretty pleeeease add three more Reynard entries for the F-USA Gen 2 cars? Gen 1 has a total of 28 and Gen 3 has 30, so Gen 1 should at least have 28. And actual races in 1997 or 1998 had 28 cars.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
  18. angle-jongen

angle-jongen New Member

Based on Game Build: 1.3.8.3
    Request Title: Scroll bar in vehicle selection screen
    Description: When selecting a vehicle, there are two ways to sort cars : full list, and filtered. The filtered list has a scroll bar, which is useful, but it would be even more useful in the full list view, especially without a search function.
    Benefits: Not having to press "down" or scroll the scrollwheel for 30sec to go get a car at the other end of the alphabetical list.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

I'd like better replay cameras, including at least two TV broadcast-style cameras.

And don't lose sight of Stock Car Brasil content while filling in USA and European content. The Stock Car Brasil content is probably my favorite. And what happened to Copa Petrobas de Marcus in AMS2?

We also need Sebring. It would work well with several of the car categories.

20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Real time speed trap info like you used to be able to get with overlay mods on rf1