1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 30, 2022.

1. bmerrell

bmerrell Member

To expand: in my opinion, Reiza's biggest PR problem is that they treat users as though we are friends who will always give them the benefit of the doubt (this type of tone is evident, for example, when they say, "We hope you (sic) can count on your patience a bit more").

We are not friends. We are customers. More importantly, if Reiza consistently delivered on schedule, we would be their advocates and advertisers. Good word of mouth means everything in this business. It is vital across the board, from casual players who extoll the virtues of AMS2 on social media all the way up to streamers and content creators who plan their filming schedules around potential content drops to build enthusiasm.

When you raise expectations for a content release (or you know anticipation is high, even if it is unrealistic) and then fail to deliver on the expected date, you gradually eke away at the goodwill and support you have from users and advocates.

I don't need new AMS2 content every month. It would be fine if it only dropped two or three times a year (or even less often). But they should build enough room into their schedule that they can pick a firm date for releases well in advance and then absolutely, 100% meet those dates.

• Disagree x 18
    • Like x 4
    • Dislike x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Fair enough, thank you for the update

3. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

And this is where I think youre severely mistaken we should be like a big family supporting each other it is quite toxic to say that we just customers I'm glad the Renato speaks to us like his friends.

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you want something corporate, stale, and full of bugs, then GT7 exists. We are all friends here.

• Like x 6
    • Winner x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  5. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

So you are telling me that I bought F1 manager and I probably won't have the time to use it that much after the release ;).

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

100% the right decision. When I listen to beta-testers and read this post, it sounds like you truly have something big at your hands, and you would be doing yourself a disservice if you released it in a half-finished state, just creating frustration where hype should and would have been. This is going to benefit AMS2 in the long run.

But please ...

...we all know that things can go very wrong in development easily. But maybe it would be good, in the future, if tweets like that were phrased as something like
    "As soon as possible"
    "Still working hard on it"
    "A lot of work going into this one, not quite sure, but you bet we're trying"

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Or it may just build more anticipation and eventually even more happiness :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

This post of mine was more a good wish for you all than making fun (but, yeah... I'm still obliged by the laws of the universe to make at least a little fun). Here in the firma is churrasco every Friday and it keeps us more productive (nah... it don't, but we do it anyway. But for August 28, please, less tomatinho, milho and this ultra-modernist nonsense and more coraçãozinho and panceta.

PS: Já falei anteriormente e reitero (em português, pq a gringaiada ficou pistola da última vez que que disse isso), mas dou total apoio pra vcs não pilharem de entregar update todo mês. Prefiro muito mais quando vem algo com qualidade e consciência livre de que vcs não estão trabalhando em regime de pelourinho e chibata do que essa "obrigatoriedade" de todo mês, na data correta, entregarem alguma coisa.

Abração!

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. bmerrell

bmerrell Member

The good news for you is that it's a rapidly shrinking friend group. Soon you'll all be very close with no one else left.

• Disagree x 14
    • Dislike x 5
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  10. MCI Goated

Ok...

11. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

What? We are all not friends here? o_O:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. bmerrell

bmerrell Member

Cult was definitely the right way to describe some of you...

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. MCI Goated

If you don't want to be friends that is perfectly fine but being toxic and childish is no way of expressing your views.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Winner Winner x 3
  14. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

… someone loosing his s*** about a sim you. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

You will although be punished by ToTo!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You must have a lot of (good) friends in real life considering your attitude…

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

But we are all internet Reiza simracing-friends, right? Little fun community. Like a tiny village or a pub. I prefer to be close, than have a distance on a forum. Ofcourse from company perspective they also need keep sort of distance as a business, but imho Reiza's strongest points is that it feels like a family.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. bmerrell

bmerrell Member

If you notice, the first reply to my initial post was a warm welcome saying it had been a long time.

No surprise. I used to be a huge advocate of AMS2 and one of its heaviest users. If you search my post history, you'll see I ran and advertised for leagues in AMS2, tried to bolster support, etc.

After two years of that, I finally drifted to other sims when I grew disillusioned with the Reiza team's record of failing to meet expectations or improve the MP experience. I planned to try it again this week in case the fabled 1.4 release was as nice as they claimed. Alas, my expectations are dashed once again.

Users of the Reizastudios.com forum are not the target audience for this sim. By and large, you are already happy and have already purchased the content. Instead you need to try to re-recruit those who have drifted away or never yet joined. You need good word of mouth if you want this to be sustained long term, and that will be difficult to achieve if the team continues to miss implied or explicit delivery dates.

Those of you who continue to apologize and make excuses for Reiza are part of the problem, because they won't change their behavior if they think it remains acceptable.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

It's called a JOKE, Toto. We went memeing.

I'm sorry but joking aside, now I take offense. We were just having fun with that Renato Sun-God cult thing and making silly lore for ****s and giggle, using it to insult us is just plainly toxic, mean and wrong. Which ironically is a big thing that make people leave a community.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

At least we can say we all share the same passion.

Customer, developer, observer, there is nobody here that "wants" to see things fail as far as i can tell!

We can accept other peoples opinions and there is every right to point out frustration and mistakes.

Please let's not have a go at each other for reasons that don't need hostility as foundation or getting on a personal level.

Thank you for your understanding guys. :)

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2