1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 30, 2022.

1. bmerrell

bmerrell Member

Renato, I appreciate the response, but you know as well as I do that this is a false dichotomy.

You can push incredibly hard in the background while still maintaining public uncertainty about release dates, or building enough room into the schedule that they'll be achievable. You can tell the public that Racing USA Pt3 will be released by the end of the year, even if the dev team is targeting June or July. Then when the date slides into August, outsiders are happy because the release seems early, even though the timing slipped a bit behind the scenes.

Likewise, if today you were forced to delay the release by a few weeks, then you surely must have known at least a few days ago that the release this weekend was not possible. If that was a possibility, the team should have aggressively downplayed expectations for this weekend so people were not kept on edge waiting for an announcement that could only result in disappointment. (And if the delay was not known even a day ago, i.e., it was caused by last minute feedback or problems, then you should consider regearing your schedule so you can gather feedback from Beta testers earlier in the process---maybe a month in advance, rather than shortly before the intended public release.)

Again, thanks for the reply, but I don't see these choices as mutually exclusive or even in opposition. You can meet all of your objectives and also interact with the public in a way that will keep the user base happier and more likely to grow long term.

I don't say these things because I want the team to fail, rather because I want the best for this sim. You're doing great work, but bad PR is causing you to lose the confidence of all but a relatively small, die-hard support group. And that's a shame because AMS2 should be one of the most popular sims out there.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

It's not always funny if you get a CTD:)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

LOL Assetto Corsa became good after the developer left it and work is still ongoing.. I think AMS2 will be far ahead of where AC was when developers will be done with it :D

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Koala63

Koala63 Member

So how many Leagues regularly use AMS2 for online open wheeler competition? More or less than one year ago? How many of Renato's Real Army participate regularly in online competitions using AMS2?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dady Cairo

It will be,so or so...

6. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]
    Soldiers! Give me a Hoo-Haa!

Edit: Come join us at Actrollvision.com

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Dady Cairo

Don't stress about AMS2 underdeveloped multiplayer, til the end of 2022.
    "stolen Avatar"

8. Ettore

It's a bit ingenuous to think that the success of AMS2 (or any sims) depends on providing updates as per schedule.
    Everyone can see that success quite obviously comes from other factors...

• Agree Agree x 9
  9. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In the end, what we're seeing is the direct result of early access games. We as players are just used to to stuff being broken and fixed in time, but Reiza doesn't want to do that, which I respect. And I understand a racing sim is inherently a never ending game of bug chasing...

But...

If you knew you needed/wanted 2-3 more weeks to work on the update? Surely you could have told us that a week ago instead of on release day?

That's the most infuriating thing IMO. Reiza's communication is good, its just always so late and apologetic long after the hype train has left the station. Sometimes it would be better to just get in front and take command so people like me aren't writing off whole weekends expecting what is to be major update to my favorite game to drop. Thats the frustrating part, and that's why I'm in the forums talking about cheese and asking for updates...

At least we're still getting a dev update, so we'll at least know what's coming. But for the future, let's all do better. Please Reiza, its been the same old song and dance now for EVERY part of the Racing USA DLC.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I believe ACC and RF2 are worse with communicating things

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Just be careful with placing too much value into that "this week" prediction, because I really don't have a good feeling about that...

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It looks like this is another missed date from Reiza. I still like the sim. But for people disappointed, we have to realise that not every company is mature, not every management team runs a tight ship, and some organisations continually miss deadlines and don't learn from past experiences. The product is good though and I am confident that this method works for them. Sometimes a little chaos works.
    But I will say, if you are going to announce something, and then miss the deadline, the very least you can do is offer some insight as to what is causing the delay.
    Feeding information and getting people hyped and then letting them down with no insight is taking people for fools I think. Or at least, is kind of disrespectful. Everyone on here has parted with cash for Reiza products, DLC etc....we are all invested in the success and will no doubt commit to future DLC.
    Myself, I am making way more YT vids on AMS2 because I believe it the sim being very good. But I would be cautious to hype releases in the vids because it then makes me look silly. So the word of mouth, organic growth can be impacted by these deadline misses.
    but, whatever, it is a great sim and I am looking forward to the future on this one.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Your half right, those into sim racing can see the success comes from other factors, because we understand you can't put gameplay on the box

To those new to sim racing they seem a game that has completely stalled on the very first thing on their overpriced season pass, that looks a lot like Project cars with less content from a studio they've never heard of.

They don't know about the technical challenges, they don't know about moving employees out of a war zone, they don't understand that everything that was in pcars 2 featured in ams 2 was rebuilt from the ground up. All they see is "what pcars 3 should have been" for better or for worse. For some, that writes off AMS 2 period.

All of that, falls in Reiza not marketing the game correctly or effectively, and constantly missing deadlines is not going to help.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Still a long way to go to be comparing AMS2 to AC or even ACC for that matter. AMS2 currently sitting rock bottom after well over 2 years into full release and is even below RF2. There are just too many gaps right now for people to enjoy the game. I really hope they can fill the gaps but a lot of people are losing their patience.

upload_2022-7-31_14-50-24.png

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Ettore

You would be surprised to know it is quite a short time that turned the tides... Couple of days from what I could gather in the beta.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Ettore

Not saying the opposite but that has zero to do with missing a deadline for a DLC.
    If we want to lie to ourselves we can keep pretending it depends on that, but we all know it doesn't.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Dady Cairo

The "Oval" thing is a tricky "thing" ,Racreoom has it (Daytona) but don't support it til today.
    Sooo,if you will have it right,wait a little longer...:)
    Some people here don't understand the method of operation.

Edit: a hint "Heureka !!"

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ettore

We can write lots of theories as to what people see of AMS2. But again none of the prejudice you mention goes away by respecting every deadline for an update unfortunately, it's not that simple as making all the deadlines to reach thousands of users.

19. Koala63

Koala63 Member

"Underdeveloped" Thanks for clarifying. That's the same as broken isn't it?
    Not shouting here and certainly not stressing. Just practicing calmly for league races where netcode issues don't result in debacles every week. I wait for the end of 22 with baited breath. At least I know the update schedules are rock solid.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Sorry to say, I haven't been interested in AMS2 for awhile due to the lack of real contents. I think I only play about once since 3 or 4 months ago. Whatever contents they have out a couple months ago wasn't that interesting to me and that's just me. I am not interested in the constant physics and car tire tread adjustments, none of that because I thought the cars are fine as it is...at least for the cars that I drove. So the only thing I am looking forward to are more tracks (specially the 70s Spa), that's it. Not sure what features they can add that will impress me. Other than career mode (which will not happen any time soon) and multiplayer mode (which I have no interest since it is broken), and Championship mode is barebone imo, not sure what else is out there that can catch my attention. I do check in once awhile to see if there is any update though.

• Dislike Dislike x 1