1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 30, 2022.

1. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i have to replace my F5 button for the next countdown :) You have to wait allways for all the good things, that can only be a good sign. Still full hyped on my side!!! thx reiza. give us more sun

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Amazing how marketing works. F1 games are a complete thrash.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The words "new features" make it worth the wait. :whistle:

Excited to see what is on the horizon for AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Far from "trash" (because if they were thrash, I would love them), these games are made for a completely different public and have somethings (the Codemaster's ones... even now in the EA Era) that are far superior to what the "troo simulators" use to deliver, as the career mode, for example.

Despite that, some licenses still are and always be powerful... one is the F1's.

Can't judge these F1 games with the same metrics as we do with "troo sims". It's just bananas vs coconuts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Same here! but the opposite direction to Sagittarius A*

6. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Do agree on the Social media stuff and they are acutally doing stuff on twitter and stuff now if you have it.
    But yes Streamers/youtuber's getting EA and to showcase up and coming build's like raceroom,RF2 you name it is spot on.

and then you complain about too much content LOL

• Like Like x 1
  7. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

When I read that they were going from 1.3.8 to 1.4 I was a little worried that the update was going to be too big in scope and that it would get delayed a month. I've been looking forward to the updated vintage tires all month...

However, this got me thinking. Why didn't they release a 1.3.9.0 with the updated vintage tires? Maybe it wasn't as straight-forward as the other tires since they are bias-ply and have larger slip-angles, thereby requiring a larger amount of work? Vintage cars go hand-in-hand with vintage tracks and if 1970's Spa and Nurburgring were nearly complete it would make sense to release them together at the end of August (in time for the Belgian GP).

I think this bodes well for the game. This has to be related to issues that have been around for a while that probably impact oval racing in a much more significant (or game-breaking) way. Like AI-to-AI interaction, pit stops, tire compounds, etc. Maybe even MP enhancements? You race really close to each other on an oval and if players start teleporting that will cause massive pileups and ruin the experience.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In my opinion, AMS2 has all the pieces to be the most dominant sim. Rfactor 2 player count wise is AMS2's current closest competitor. RF2 is never going to grow it's playerbase largely due to several poor decisions such as putting any new and good content behind a paywall, abandoning formerly base content from ISI, forcing drivers to own every single piece of content on the server, the absolutely terrible steam workshop, setting up server mods when a simple skinpack can bork one player, updating paid DLC on a server, needing to know how to edit files and be a black belt in troubleshooting and all of the other terrible decisions that make getting on track to actually drive a car so unnecessarily difficult. (RF2 is my favorite sim btw but I recognize the awfulness of it as well) I totally understand why people don't play RF2. When I get on track though, I feel like the end result is worth it.
    With AMS2 there is none of that nonsense. You turn it on and get to track, and there is so much base content (imo) that is amazing and cars and track people actually want to race. It looks gorgeous, runs smooth on a lower end PC and you can see that Reiza are attempting to simulate as much as possible. But the things people are mentioning as things they believe are issues almost all have to do with the actual driving experience. (ai, multiplayer, tire behavior etc) These issues are crippling the game right now. I know Reiza are looking in to all these things it's just been frustrating how long it is taking to get there. I would love to be able to uninstall my other sims and have only AMS2 because it has every single car I would ever be interested in driving, but right now the multiplayer and the handling aren't there for me yet. I think a lot of people feel this way and the numbers illustrate that. The good news is that it can easily change and AMS2 may someday attract a lot of drivers. Nothing would make me happier.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Just out of interest, what is it you dislike about the handling?

10. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is difficult to have this conversation because it always seems to go the same way and I just don't feel it would be positive. I'll end up describing behaviors and people will say it is my setup. I'm not a physicist and can't express myself in technical terms so I don't want it to come across as me bashing the game, then everyone blaming me for my setup. It's not like it is an iracing thing where you can point to a specific characteristic. There are just quite a few times while I'm driving that the cars do quite peculiar things. I think they are all correctable but if the crowd here (including developers) don't have issues with the handling then I guess I am just the odd man out. It is a bit subjective of course.

Sorry I didn't answer your question but conversations of physics and handling usually never end very positively.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Dicra

I'm genuinely interested, I personally do think the physics are fine, but maybe I'll learn something about car behaviour that I didn't know/grasp before.

If you feel uncomfortable discussing this in public, you're also free to PM me.

12. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

I'm not sad about the delay to the new version but I am sad that now we have a full month with a split user base meaning that the already sparce multiplayer lobbies will be even more sparce. I'm gonna try ACC in vr for a few weeks... See if I can get that running well.

Keep up the good work guys... It will be great once we are all back on the same version.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

That's my number one reason for absolutely loving AMS2. I race when I have time. I don't want to spend the time I could racing messing with graphic settings, tweaking files, etc. etc. More times than not I have trouble figuring out what and where to race. not really into MP, but I'll check it out when its sorted. But, yeah load the game, mess with setups here and there and then race cars from the last 50 years. It's exactly the game I wanted 20 years ago.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

I mean the driving feel of the game is pretty great even though the simulation is not as deep and the AI racing is one of the best I think (there is the straight line speed issue but it's being looked into). I personally mostly do league racing which is dodgy experience in all honesty and so is the rest of the multiplayer.

Definitely not worth buying at full price though but the game is great at certain things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dicra

Driving feel is actually my biggest issue with these games. They are absolutely horrible to play on Gamepad and the way they simulate oversteer is more akin to how I would expect the cars to feel on a track prepared with soap.

AI and career mode are far superior to anything I've seen in any simulator. There is a big opportunity there when Reiza introduce their career mode, but not sure they have the resources to capitalize.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

It's definitely difficult af on gamepad, especially this particular year with the new handling model of the new cars, I personally switched to a wheel just this January and had to put in considerably less time to get at the same level/ be faster than the controller pace.

17. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I also am disappointed however just think back to last month - didn’t we just get 3 free tracks? Certainly appreciate them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Thanks for always being here, Renato.I don't know if what I'm about to write has been said before and I apologize for that.
    We who love AMS2 would need a few things:
    - clarity in the release dates.
    -effective communication.
    Here we read that 1.4 was coming very soon.We, who believe in the team that develops AMS2, were very excited to have an update almost in advance.But when we read that the development has gone further and takes a few weeks to finalize (how many?) We are a little confused.
    At this point it would be nice to know the things you have developed more than the programs.
    It would help us to wait for the release with renewed confidence, because, if more beautiful things arrive, and only you can tell us what is cooking, the wait becomes happier and more confident.
    Thank you
    :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reading through here I see alot of disscusion about the late update, im kinda glad they're taking their time to make sure its all it can be, I'd rather that than something half baked, and I think Renato's recent comments here explain that very elequently and cover all aspects and reasons for the decision.

In the mean time im gunna enjoy all the bits that are working really well atm! On that note, I recently made a video showing that the GTE's A.I. drivers had some major speed and ability differences in different weather conditions, making racing in changing conditions with them not really an option. However I also mentioned that not all car class'es in the sim are like this, infact some are very good at it, and also that Reiza are gradually refining all the class'es A.I. to iron out these issues.

So I thought it would only be fair to make a video showing one of those class'es where it all works really well! Turned out to be much more than that, one of the most exciting races I've had against A.I. in any sim! I can tell you now, this one had it all!

So for the moment, until the update, I for one am really enjoying some of the amazing work thats already been done in the A.I. department. This race was so good I had to do it twice! So there's a part two to this video, and I can tell you now, one thing that really stands out about Reiza's A.I., they never give you the same race twice!

Hope you enjoy, Bravo Reiza, keep it up!

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Touc

Touc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I shall never understand people who complain when something is delayed by a month or so. Especially a game update. So what if they have missed their deadline who cares especially if the delay means that when it does come it will be better for it.

We at NoobGamerz are using AMS2 as our go to sim these days. It’s in a very good shape for our needs and all our regular users are impressed with the state of the game in its current form. Yes we would like a bit of a multiplayer fix but to call it broken is it a bit of a stretch. I few issues here and there need fixing yeah but it’s in a good place.
    Looking forward to 1.4 and some new content in the coming months.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2