Server commands

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by cazsan, Feb 6, 2017.

1. cazsan

cazsan New Member AMS2 Club Member

Dear Reiza team and forum members,

We are struggling to get some server commands working for team management for our 25 racers races and I faced to some issues with the following commands :
    /gridpos
    /batch

Could you please confirm that these commandes works as expected and also is there a way to have some example of these commands (for example batch command requires input, where to put file, remote only, local only, both?... )

Thanks

2. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Since AMS is a rfactor engine based game, the commands are pretty much the same.
    You can see most of them here:
    rFactor 2 Server commands

About the Batch file:
    1) It needs to be on your game installation if you are connecting as an admin and passing the commands through the game.

2) It needs to be a .ini file and be placed on the logs folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista\UserData\LOG\Results
    You can see a file example in this folder (usually called BatchTemplateR1.ini). but in case it doesn't have anything you just need to write the commands on a differente line like when you passing them in game:
    /setmass 50 czsan
    /setmass 45 Erick Goldner

3) Enter the server and become the server Admin. Then, just type
    /batch kg (name of the file)
    and the game will try to load the commands inside the file.
    The player name must be exactly the same on the file for it to work and logically, the player needs to be connected to the server.

3. cazsan

Thanks for the clarifications but still have some remarks about this commands.
    It seems to be typo issue for the /batch command. I think you mean /batch <filename> and not /batch kg <filename>
    Also, can you clarify these following things :
    - Are the files the same between user game folder (user that executes the command) and the game log folder
    - Are the filenames the same
    - Do we have to be connected as admin or superadmin
    - In which kind of session do we have to execute a batch that might contain a /editgrid command?
    - Did you get /editgrid <posNum> <playerName> command working? If so, does this work for player names that contains spaces?

Thanks by the way for the link to the command list.

4. Erick Goldner

What i meant is that the filename in my example is "kg".
    The command you just pass the file name without extension (/batch kg)

- Are the files the same between user game folder (user that executes the command) and the game log folder
    -> Not sure i understand the question. You need to place the file on folder of the pc and the profile you are going to run the command.

- Are the filenames the same
    -> Not sure what you mean.

- Do we have to be connected as admin or superadmin
    -> Can be with admin

- In which kind of session do we have to execute a batch that might contain a /editgrid command?
    -> Only in the Warmup Session the Edit Grid command will work.

- Did you get /editgrid <posNum> <playerName> command working? If so, does this work for player names that contains spaces?
    -> Yes.. in the same way it works for the setmass command.

5. cazsan

In fact I tought that we have to have batch file in both the computer of the admin and the server (I'm using dedicated server that is remote from the client that connects).

Sorry but this sentense confuses me : "You need to place the file on folder of the pc and the profile you are going to run the command"
    If I understand well I can have example from log folder that is generated by dedicated server and just have to take this file to the computer with witch I connect as an admin and then run the bach file without the file extension.

Is that correct?

6. Erick Goldner

Yes.. you put the file on the machine you're connected to the Server (yours).
    When you write the command, it will search on your proflie folder, not on the remote server.