key assignment wheel and dsd button box

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by oli65, Feb 17, 2017.

1. oli65

oli65 New Member

hello
    I have installed AMS and if I want to assign the buttons of my fanatec wheel oder the derek speare button box but both will recognized as joy2 B15. Every Button on the box or the wheel is joy2 B15. What can I do?
    Thanks.

2. macmaniacoes

macmaniacoes Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd got a similar issue some time ago, and it was my shifter, which is a g25 modified with a Leonardo to make it a standalone USB. The problem was that when put in sequential, it uses a "fake" key to set the software in sequential mode. Because AMS reads the first input it receives when assigning a key, every time I try to bind a key while my shifter is in sequential, it always get this "fake" key press (B10 in this case).
    Maybe your problem isn't related, but the way to know it is this: is this B15 key get assigned automatically the moment you click on "assign new key" or is the program keep on waiting till you press any key and then is assigned as B15 regardless of what you actually have pressed?
    In the first case, one of your devices is always sending a B15 button press either you are actually pressing a button or not. In the second case, well, the problem is other and I don't have a clue.

3. oli65

oli65 New Member

Thanks for the idea. I changed the sequence of usb (wheel and button box) and it works!?!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am having this issue with my button box. Did you find a way to solve it? This issue only occurs in AMS. My windows controller settings show now active button unless I press one of them, and I had no issues setting the button box up in rf2.