1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.3.8.3 caterham steering issue/problem?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Haris1977, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

When i start to practice/race with those cars, it seems that i need to turn my wheel some degrees to the right in order for the cars to go straight ahead. It feels like those cars are somehow damaged (in terms of steering)

Does anybody face same issue? I am on 1.3.8.3v

2. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

its RF2 effect don't worry, will get it fixed soonish

3. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Man do y have the same issue? Or is this sarcastic? :)

Cause if this is an issue i will post it in bug section

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
  4. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What happens when you calibrate your steering wheel? Does it make any difference? To me this seems like a calibration issue.

Is this only for the Caterham cars? What cars have you tried?

5. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I did re-calibrate my wheel. No difference

Yes - up until now - it (strangly) only affects the 4 caterhams. All other cars seem ok.

Here is a short video with one of those caterham cars:

As you may see, when the race starts, my wheel vibrates (and then moves approx. 5-10 degrees to the left). So it must be smth wrong with the ffb in those cars here..

Should i post it as a bug?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
  6. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wheel vibration is meant to be, It is the engine rumble, I don't have the dis-calibration
    Perhaps your wheel reacts to the rumble, does it also happens if you turn FX in de FFB settings down?

7. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I turned down the FX from 75 to 50. It s a little better (less rumbling at the race start) but again with these 4 cars i do have a slight wheel dis-calibration (to the left). So i constantly need to have my wheel 5-10 degrees to the left during straights, which is awkward

Dunno why is that

8. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Check the contents of your tuningsetups directory:

drive:\Users\$MYUSER$\Documents\Automobilista 2\ savegame\$SOMESERIAL$\automobilista 2\tuningsetups\

If this directory is not empty, either delete all those tuning setup files, or move them somewhere else as a backup. Then launch Automobilista 2.

It used to be a common problem that saved setups created on older versions of AMS2 could cause problems on a later version of AMS2. This shouldn't be much of a problem anymore, but it doesn't hurt to test if this is the root cause of your problem.
    (Hypothesis: e.g. the Toe-In setting could be different on one of the wheels)

Another thing to try: In Steam, verify integrity of Automobilista 2

You could also try to delete/rename the whole
    drive:\Users\$MYUSER$\Documents\Automobilista 2\
    directory, but that is a drastic step (you will among other things lose your multiplayer safety rating) and should only be done after you've tried everything else.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
  9. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

@Roar McRipHelmet thanks. I ve already done 1 and 2 (dont want to delete my whole AMS2 folder cause i will loose my onboard camera settings for all my cars)

I dont see any difference. For an unknown reason, the ffb (especially in caterhams) feel more "robust" near the center right than in center left. This gives me the impression that my wheel center (i have a red stripe in my wheel that depicts the center) is some degrees to the left.

It may (or not) be a bug specific related to my wheel though..