1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2022.

1. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Which makes it extra weird that it's the only track not laser-scanned in ACC.

• Like Like x 1
  2. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Acc used the ac mesh which was not laserscanned

3. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

It's because real cars needs fuel, and without a fuel port you can't put fuel in the car and it won't run and that port is behind a piece of body work that isn't modeled. Other than than, just to have a quality model, the Gen1 has it but that's just an example.
    The current 3D model is so basic that even 2016's Motorsport Manager's generic F1 car is arguably more detailed.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
    • Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

But if the FUlt2 is meant to be a F1 2022 replica, then there is no fuel port to model since those cars don’t refuel. F1 is in its 13th season without refuelling.

Hence my asking why you thought it was so important to have a fuel port since IRL they just have fuel cells placed in. But if the Gen1 had it and it’s modelled after the 2013 car which already didn’t refuel, then fair enough.

5. Laulenture

Do you realize the fuel doesn't magically appear in the tank, right? The real cars all have a fuel port because they need to be fueled the car before the event. Also the gen 1 is based on the 2019 cars, and the fuel port being ripped off is one of the main reasons why Grosjean's car lit ablaze at Barhain 2020.
    Here's the FW44 with the fuel port cover open, and that's on a newer revision, early in the season it used to be very obvious where the port was

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Alain Fry

Alain Fry Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Awaiting the big update v1.4 here is another F1 season skinpack :
    [AMS2] F1 1995 Season
    Hope you guys enjoy it during the meantime

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

I confused the Gen1 with the F-Reiza. That’s my mistake.

I didn’t realise that you meant a fuel cover (don’t care if it’s a technicality) when saying fuel port as I had Indycar (or pre-F1 refueling ban) refueling ports in my mind.

In that case, sure a small design update wouldn’t be the worst.

8. Laulenture

I edited my QoL reply to make it clearer, my mistake.

Tbh I don't think a small design update is needed, I think it needs an overhaul. There's a lot wrong with the car's model, it's illegal in multiple places, it has little to no aerodynamic work, is missing important element (like yes, the fuel port cover) and some aspects that doesn't make much sense.

9. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

You do realise it's not meant to be identical to the actual car it's just a copy with a few bits missing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Laulenture

The very existence of RSS's Formula Hybrid 2022 and VRC's Formula Alpha 2022 is proof that I'm not wrong.
    These cars looks so good you could build them and they would most likely be legal (as in the actually respect the 2022 F1 technical regs) and you'd least expect them to fight against the Williams.
    And they are original designs, not copies of any cars on the grid, I'm not even asking for that level of excellence anyway.
    The Gen1's model already achieve what I would like Reiza to do with the Gen2's, it looks reasonably detailed, it's most likely legal and looks like a real car that could run in the championship. I'm not asking something extraordinary, just something good, something that Reiza has already done.

11. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

While I agree that it could be better, keep in mind that VRC and RSS have a team that has been basically solely focusing on creating that one model and that one model alone for months if not years. I would love the ultimate Gen 2 to get a model upgrade but not at the expense of other improvements in the game.

Edit: We know RSS has been working on the 2022 model since before 2020 since they released the Formula Hybrid X prototype in Feb 2020. Then they released the EVO version in July 2021 and then finally the FH 2022 a couple of months ago.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I'd love for the surprise to be the option for controller users to disable all controller filters that mess up controls, but I doubt that will happen.

13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Rf2?

14. Laulenture

It's not going to take years, just a normal amount of work for a car model, less than average since they can make it up and don't need 3D scans, and even less since they already have done a car, just update it.
    It's not rocket science, the guy who modeled the current car did it in 3 weeks while his city was literally a warzone (tbf it's mindblowing he did that in these conditions, Sandro has my respect), just give him some time to bring it up to the level of the other cars in the game.
    Stop inventing absurd excuses..

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. MCI Goated

You have no clue how hard it is to model that car.

16. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I never said it would take them years to update it. I am saying you are comparing apples to oranges. RSS doesn't have an entire game to focus on and all of the cars, tracks, game play etc that are in AMS2 and all the updates they have done and new content they have brought.

That being said RSS FH22 is an extraordinary car model and second to none. What they have done in unbelievable circumstances is truly incredible.

It is also my understanding that the VRC model is not "legal" either.

17. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

I know there's all kinds of reasons why people don't/can't go for wheels; space and money etc. but genuinely, a wheel is so worth it if you like driving sims. Is it something you've considered?

I'm not suggesting work shouldn't be done to improve the controller experience, but I do think it is unlikely to get even a fraction of the attention that FFB for steering wheels does.

Put it this way, with the exception of arcade games, if my wheel were to break tomorrow I couldn't go back to controller, I simply wouldn't be racing in AMS2, R3E, RF2, ACC or even the F1 games; I'd be waiting for its replacement to arrive.

I hope you don't take this as a criticism and I know it's not what your comment was about, just a wholehearted recommendation in favour of wheels, if it is viable for you, it's definitely worth looking into, entry level wheels have come down in price dramatically. I can't even imagine how tricky it must be to play AMS2 on a controller.

I bought my G27 over a decade ago and it's still going strong!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Laulenture

Except I do, I've done 3D modeling and I too am a game dev and while I'm more specialized in game design and programming I've done a fair bit of 3D modeling. Also we're talking about bodywork, and generally if it took 3 weeks for someone to do half the work, it most likely won't take anymore than that to do the other half. We're not talking about rocket science again, just raise the front wing, add body panels separations, add the slot in the front brake deflectors, etc..
    Again, I'm not asking for something as good as RSS's car
    I'm not asking them to do it right now, just do it in the future as right now, as I've said it many times, they have more DLCs to release than months to release them in plus lots of content on the back-burner cough Aston Martin cough BT52 cough cough. But improving on their work is exactly what I know Reiza for, they don't settle for "meh" and I just hope the F-Ultimate Gen2 will not be an exception.
    And yeah I'm not surprised the F-Alpha 22 is prolly not actually legal, some part do look odd, but for the F-Ult G2 the first seconds I saw it when the dev update dropped I was like "Oof that looks bad" and could point out a bunch of big flaws.

19. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I find you quite hard with the formula ult. 2022 from Reiza. I'm assuming this is a representation of the new Formula 1. If that upsets you that much, do you know there's an annual F1 game? Maybe you will find your happiness.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. MCI Goated

Yes that is what I was thinking he's completely ****ting on it. I think that's pretty disrespectful to the modelling team.

• Agree Agree x 3