1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This game would be one of the most popular SIMS if Reiza Studios just did a bit of work...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by JAKS, Aug 16, 2022.

1. JAKS

JAKS New Member

...on the MP lobbies functions and UX. An unpopular opinion around here, it would seem.
    So many friends I know won't even bother with this game purely due to the usability and UX of the MP lobbies. I, however, love the driving in this game but have to fight through the basic inaccuracies every time I play. Something as simple as saving your preferred MP setting for the next time u want to play would be a massive step to get this game pumping with new players.

Please Reiza Studios. You could be so much more

• Like Like x 1
  2. Paulo Frazao

Paulo Frazao Member AMS2 Club Member

Be patient......big changes are coming.....

3. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

That will happen and better MP functionality will probably help retain a larger player base.

I for one am glad that AMS2 is the one sim that had a certain focus on single player racing in the beginning instead of the online. There aren't enough sims for that these days.

• Like Like x 2
  4. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

u arent alone with that feeling.
    whats UX ? do u mean UI? personally i feel like everything except for the driving needs work, i myself am a pretty perfectionistic programmer, maybe tahts why i am more bothered than other people.

doesnt mean i am not enjoying the game. just not for long
    regardless, complaining over and over doesnt help, i have expressed my "concern" and nothing happend. they have their vision and we can only hope and wait. meanwhile do something else. i have recently made a drivers license for motorcycles and found new love there. with a bit of luck for winter the game is in a better state

5. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

You're not the only one, many of us have been patiently waiting for multiplayer updates. It's not as unpopular as you think. It's just that those who want multiplayer aren't as vocal as those who don't care for it. V1.4 is supposed to bring a minor improvement with multiplayer connections.

6. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

There’s been a whole bunch of us making comments about how important MP is to a sim, how terrible MP is in AMS2 and the positive news I took from the latest dev update is that they have been spending a lot of time testing MP, getting the fundamentals of MP fixed and at the sacrifice of making any improvements to AI.
    Remember Reiza take on feedback from outside the bubble of this forum. Their Facebook and Twitter platforms are littered with complaints about their MP experience and they have replied and said they are working on it.
    I read on a thread in here that they underestimated the importance of MP and are now focused on improving the MP experience and hopefully one day they become a big player in the sim world and in esports too.
    There’s no need for anyone including me to complain about it further for now, because Reiza have taken on all the feedback and critiques and have acknowledged how important MP is to the life of this sim and that they are working on it.
    Trust me I’ve made lots of comments on here and given feedback from my personal MP experiences and I’ve had the rose tinted glasses hot lappers try and tell me and others that MP is either perfectly fine the way it is or that it’s of zero importance to fix for the growth of this sim. Yes these people actually exist on here.
    Realistically MP won’t start showing signs of life until 2023 and until then, I say leave them to it and see what they can produce.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree, the ability to save lobby settings would be sooo useful. However, if you want to race neither that nor the UI should hold you back from opening a lobby and have some fun with your friends.

As other people already said, the MP side of things will get some more love and attention, no doubt about that.