1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 - Extended Track Info Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Coanda, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I know that it's an off topic, but I didn't find anywhere else to ask and will not open a new topic just for that.

Anyway: Does anyone knows if the Buskerud kart track is fictional or real? I found something about the city, but not the track.

2. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Fictional track

• Like Like x 2
  3. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

From as much as I can tell, It's fictional.

Buskerud is not a city, but a former county in Norway that was consolidated with a bunch of other counties a few years ago, and is now known as Viken. When it comes to towns/cities, there are mainly three that are within the old Buskerd borders: Drammen, Kongsberg, and Hønefoss. The rest of the county, especially the northern part, is mostly hills, farms, and pine forests, similar to the background landscape we see the track has in AMS2.

I live 20km away from the former county borders of Buskerud, and the only karting tracks I know of there are Kongsberg Motorsenter, ABC Racing by Eggemoen/Hønefoss, Sigdal Motorsenter, and Fuglehaugen Motorsenter. You can search for them on Google Maps and watch onboard videos on YouTube - none of them look anything like the crazy "Buskerud" track that we have in AMS2, unfortunately.

Source: List of race tracks in Norway (from Norwegian Wikipedia) - You're looking for a subset of "gokart" tracks located in "Viken"

EDIT: The kart track in Norway I could find with the most visual resemblance to "Buskerud" is Gudbrandsdal Gokart, which is located at the popular ski resort Hafjell/Kvitfjell, quite a bit farther north than Buskerud:
    gudbrandsdal-gokart.jpg
    …but it is much smaller in size and even though there are elevation changes - nowhere close to as much as in "Buskerud"

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

This Gudbrandsdal Gokart is built on a really beautiful location. Actually I live in São Paulo, city that has three of AMS2's kart tracks - Interlagos, Speedland (that is near my home and I used to go there) "and" Granja Viana (that is actually in Cotia, but the two cities disputes the region jurisdiction), but I'm more of a mountain man and love this kind of place (my mother was born in Italy, near the Alps... maybe it stills in my blood lol). Would be a dream a track like these two and I would trade all the three São Paulo tracks just for the scenery.

I got pretty sure that Buskerud is fictional at the time that I didn't found any video of the real location. If there was a track like that, would be certain that it became largely famous.

Reiza should do more fictional tracks, because Buskerud is on par with the best of studios like Polyphony, Namco, Sega and Nintendo (that I consider the four best fictional track designers).

Thank you very much for all the information.

Cheers!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I4d

I4d New Member

Strongly agreed! Tracks in sim racing just need to be fun, not necessarily all real world tracks. I found Buskerud short the most enjoyable track in everything I've tried so far, I can just go full throttle with only two brake points.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure where to ask that question. Does anybody have a list which tracks are based on laserscan data and which not?

7. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles New Member

• Useful Useful x 2
  8. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

FYI, a more robust link format (although hardcoded) that doesn't use Google's query API is:
    Code:
    =hyperlink("https://www.google.com/maps/@53.3106391,-0.059287,15z")
    (where 15z means zoom level 15, a greater value means more zoomed in)

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles New Member

OK, using your URL it would be
    Code:
    =hyperlink(CONCATENATE("https://www.google.com/maps/@",K9,",",L9,",15z"))

10. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, a good idea! I'll se what I can do matey as I am stretched a bit thin these days which is why this hasn't been developed for all tracks..

11. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Maybe the tier one are the laser scan data ?
    https://www.game-automobilista2.com/circuits

12. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Member AMS2 Club Member

Nope, this tier/grade means what FIA grade that circuit has. For example F1 uses only grade one tracks etc.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Understand thanks for the hint. Professionnal réflex as our data base Tier1 for FFS are the more accurate and détailled one ( the only one to be use for Level D certification ) and tier 2 and 3 are bases on less data

14. Dream Driver

Dream Driver New Member AMS2 Club Member

I may have missed it but is it possible to add a column for "elevation change"? Personally I am more interested in tracks like Spielberg that have elevation change and aren't just flat.

I can help research if need be.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Dream Driver

Dream Driver New Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  16. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Is there an up to date version of this?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Nah there isn't as I do not have enough time the day these days to work on this.. Maybe one day later in the year if I get a spare moment..

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Rednose58

Rednose58 New Member

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Ron Huijer

Ron Huijer Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't now if this is the right place but is there a reson for example Monza that the start and finish lines are diverent from the real track (f1)

20. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks again for this excellent work, coanda! It helps me when I set dates at tracks on what type of weather to expect. Very valuable when making a championship!

• Agree Agree x 1