1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Please turn off UDP frequency in AMS2 system settings before a ranked MP race and report back if you may.

2. lozarcher

lozarcher Loz

It is off. First thing I looked at and was never on.

In fact, i tried enabling it, saving, restarting and turning it back off again, restarting just to be sure it wasn't a glitch somewhere with the save. (Clutching at straws)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Maddin71287

Maddin71287 Member

Track & Layout Used: Road America
    Car Used: Formula USA Gen.1
    Applicable Settings: -
    Report: When makin the pit strategy, setting up the tire pressures, you are not able to set the pressure to 1.21. It goes from 1.22 direct to 1.20.

4. BRIAN ROGERS

BRIAN ROGERS Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: NA
    Car Used: 2022 Stock Cars
    Applicable Settings: Championship
    Report: When you select to run the Stock Car Pro Series 2022 Championship, races 4, 5 and 6 are all Velopark 2017 track, this doesn't seem correct.
    Steps to reproduce: Select Stock Car Pro Series 2022 in Championship and see calendar.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. NikitaOnline17

NikitaOnline17 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Rated race session
    Report: During rated race sessions, I experience massive stuttering, making them practically unplayable. I do not experience this in pracitce, qualifying, or unrated lobbies.
    Hardware in case any of it is related:
    GTX 1080ti
    i7 8700k
    32gb memory
    Oculus VR
    Steps to reproduce: Be in a rated race session with more than a few drivers, >10 or so

6. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Watkins glen
    Car Used: AMG GT3
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: my pit crew got stealth mode while animation
    Steps to reproduce: first load on pit

Attached Files:

7. Donnchadh MacGarry

Donnchadh MacGarry Leprechaun Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Donington Park National (possibly applies to the GP layout too)
    Car Used: Porsche Cup 4.0 (seems independent of that)
    Applicable Settings: - Single Player Race vs A.I.
    Report: The A.I. seem to be able to be able to ghost through each other on turn 1. This happened to me when messing around with Porsche Cup 4.0, but I have been sent a clip of it happening to another person in the GT1 cars.

My clip with the Porsche Cup 4.0 :

Clip from a different person in the GT1 (if the clip isn't working and just showing the whole video, go to 5:38): https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxkqQM8KGeNPo7gZMVj16tFB4Ivm_ZWPrJ

8. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: none
    Car Used: none
    Applicable Settings: none
    Report: "finish rate" in my profile stats are wrong. it should be in 0.0 ~1.0 range
    Steps to reproduce: see my stats

9. BRIAN ROGERS

BRIAN ROGERS Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: VeloPark
    Car Used: Stock Cars 2017
    Applicable Settings: Championship Season 2017
    Report: I have it set for mandatory pit and in the ICM I selected no tires, no fuel and no repairs, yet when I sent into the pit still it "repaired" my car for approx. :30; however did not actually fix the damage I had accumulated, engine, suspension or bumpers. So not only did I not request a repairn they gave me one that didn't work so I lost laps and tons of time to the AI.
    Steps to reproduce: follow above for 2017 Championship

10. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Daytona (seems to happen in any track)
    Car Used: Porsche GTE
    Applicable Settings: Wet to dry race
    Report: The track reverts back to previous state after watching a replay.
    Steps to reproduce: start a wet race that changes to dry and once a drying line appears watch a replay and once resuming the race the track will be wet again.

11. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

Cleveland Pit Exit Penalties
    See: Cleveland Pit Lane Exit?
    Track & Layout Used: Cleveland
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Path out of pit lane onto track unclear. Penalty if you dont follow an invisible path. No pit lane exit line on track, only airport markings
    Steps to reproduce: Have a go.
    Requires a "blend line" or cones to guide driver onto correct path to race track.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Louis Marlowe

Louis Marlowe New Member

One bug to report: After opening any replay file, a 'Save Replay' dialogue appears once the session is loaded, and the replay file is then cloned. As an example, I load my oldest replay (8 minutes and 3 seconds long) and you can see in the other menu that an identical replay appears in the most recent slot.

Also, one minor track issue; a kerb is missing on the entrance to the Curva Fausto Gresini (formerly known as Variante Alta) on the modern Imola layout. Specifically on the outside of the straight leading into the chicane.

Attached Files:

13. NR The-Boss

NR The-Boss Bug Hunter AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Tested at Hockenheimring, Probably irrelevant
    Car Used: Formula V10 Gen 1
    Applicable Settings: Race Session
    Report: After a heavy crash that removes tires from the vehicle, restarting doesn't return said wheels to the vehicle. The car goes to the grid without front tires.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive the Formula V10 in a race session, crash the car heavily enough to remove two or more tires, and restart. Observe the lack of tires.

14. NR The-Boss

Track & Layout Used: Hockenheimring Grand Prix layout
    Applicable Settings: Race Session, 100% Aggression
    Report: While going around the outside of a slower car for position at the second to last turn, I was half a car length ahead of the AI car's nose, therefore entitled to space on the exit, however the car continued on the racing line and crashed into my car, causing us both to spin and the AI car to retire.
    Steps to reproduce: Race against the AI and attempt to overtake slower opponents around the outside, observe their lack of awareness.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
  15. NR The-Boss

(Continues tangentially from above post #3835, but a separate issue)
    Track & Layout Used
    : Hockenheimring Grand Prix layout
    Applicable Settings: Race Session, 100% Aggression
    Report: After the AI crashed into me in my overtake attempt around the outside, I ended up on the grass between the pit in and the kerb of the final corner. The AI I was racing against went past my car and hit the inside wall of pit lane and retired, however because I was off track and had been behind the AI I went up a place despite not overtaking the car and got an illegal overtake, where the game instructed me to return to the previous position. The car behind me was an entire lap down to myself, and since I couldn't give up that position in the time allotted if I tried, I got a penalty for doing nothing that I then had to serve. Probably need to add some logic to check if the overtake occurred because of an AI retiring, but IDK how to write that lol.
    Steps to reproduce: Race against the AI and attempt to replicate this situation? IDK, this one's difficult to replicate.

16. NR The-Boss

Track & Layout Used: Hockenheimring Grand Prix layout
    Applicable Settings: Race Session, before starting the race
    Report: Occasionally, pit strategy settings will be changed from what I expect. I have a saved strategy setting called "Tires" that only changes tires, no damage repair, and I occasionally check on it and find that all the damage repair has been turned on without any action on my part. This doesn't happen every time, and I wonder if it may be because I accidentally changed it in a previous race attempt in the in car menu. If this is the case, it doesn't make sense because I would expect this change to be temporary since I never hit save on any settings.
    Steps to reproduce: Create a custom pit strategy and save it with no damage repair, restart the race session and check the damage repair settings each time - the length of the pit stop will make it obvious if the setting is changed.

17. Raphael Camelo

Raphael Camelo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Puma GT5
    Report: Rain tires wear less and are approximately 1s faster than slick tires even in dry conditions.

18. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

When you drive with damage=only visible, AI cars go on racing without wings after crashes and the cars do not get repaired in pits. Ok for me, as damage has no effect with such settings.

But when watching replays of those races, all damaged cars all over sudden have wings again.

• Like Like x 1
  19. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Whilst a race track gets faster and faster in dry conditions during race in real life, it is the opposite on some tracks in AMS 2. In Kansai and Imola 2001, there you see a brown surface on the ideal line after about 10 laps which is extremely slippery and bumpy. Racing on the line is getting a pain then and it is better to avoid the racing line.
    In real life racing, there are marbles beside the line which makes the track slippery there, but the ideal line itself gets faster.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
  20. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

In many car classes, the AI is faster in race than in qualifying.

• Agree Agree x 1