1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2022.

1. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe Project cars 2 had this feature, but i dont remember it having much visual appearance

• Like Like x 1
  2. rmagid1010

Beta players may confirm but it probs is dynamic, no canned racetrack progression like in acc

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Pcars 2, live for speed

• Like Like x 3
  4. EmilG

EmilG Member AMS2 Club Member

It's just too bad that the ai won't be affected by the dirt, just as they aren't affected by water puddles. Great for online though!

5. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

How do you know that? You in the beta or something?

6. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If this is true we better have a way to turn it off

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I asked this question along time ago, from what I understood it's not really dynamic, they more or less alter the the grip levels based on when you go in each round.
    I could be wrong and things have changed since I asked and I haven't played it in ages.

iRacing has dynamic track conditions which the rubber is layed down based on where the cars drive...not a generic rubbering based on time like ac.
    It also has loose surface physics and dynamic tires which bring debris onto track, picked up by other tires and cleared over time.
    A multi layer heating system based on several days of server temps, those layers also determine the moisture and water absorption for when rain ever makes it.
    How well all this actually works, who knows.
    Of all the current sims the madness engine and iRacing have the most advanced track tech.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

it is a diminishing trail left by your tires until they are clean, yes. and it will alter the level of grip for everyone who drives on those lines until it is clean. and if it wasn't enough, if it starts raining before the trail is cleaned off, it becomes muddy and slipperier.

what i haven’t checked is if treaded tires (semi-slick, road and wet) make the trail longer due to carrying dirt/mud in their grooves.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. rmagid1010

It should probably be stressed that the tweet shows dirt on the track. This is the real life effect of mud on the track:

• Like Like x 3
  10. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As far as I know it is fully dynamic in AMS2 as well based on where the cars are passing. There was also a little video from SMS back at PC2 times on that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Shriukan

yes pC2 had it as well and it was dynamic too but you didn’t really feel the grip change.

12. Shriukan

meant to edit another post

13. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The 60's one is ok but it really picks up in the 70's and 80's.

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Looking forward to the new f USA circuit specific specs and some ovals.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. EmilG

EmilG Member AMS2 Club Member

I know this because the ai don't run on the same physics as the player. If you've played single player against AI in rain and wet surface conditions, you would have noticed that you are affected by the puddles of water on the track, but the ai just cruise through them like there's nothing there.

• Agree Agree x 6
  16. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What track is this? I am not yet able to pick out most tracks yet

17. amphobius

amphobius New Member

Kyalami.

18. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Incredible as it may seem, the F1 2021 and 22 codemasters have this, but it's just visual, I don't know how it will be in AMS2, if it will change anything in terms of local grip.

19. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey all, I have a question regarding season pass. Don’t get this message as a hate or something, this is just my concern as a person who bought season pass for the other content and not particularly Racin USA. I’m not sure if I read the latest update, but Reiza told that there won’t be need to change the name of it to 2020-2023 as they plan to release all packs till the end of the year. Is it still the case? We are coming close to September and by looking how long it took with Racin USA I’m worried that the plan that is in season pass description isn’t possible and either they will say that we will get another year of pass, or we will get info like “hey, we are sorry we haven’t delivered those packs that were planned at the beginning, however we’ve made Racin USA 4x bigger than it was planned so everything is ok”.
    I know that Reiza overdelivered on that DLC making it huuuuge, but tbh I bought season pass not only for USA pack, but also, or even more because of Adrenaline pack and Brazilian GP legends. Any update from Reiza regarding season pass situation will be appreciated

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  20. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know for sure but I would hope and assume that Reiza would honor and make all of the packs that were promised with the season pass free to those that purchased it.

Not sure how they would not have to honor this even if things get delayesd.

This Season Pass covers all planned DLC packs planned for Automobilista 2 over 2020 & 2022 - includes at least 6 Premium Race Tracks with multiple versions, 3 Expansion Packs with several cars and tracks along with other smaller packages still to be announced.

This includes:

• Hockenheim Pack featuring 1975, 1988, 2001, 2020 versions (individually this will sell for US$ 9.99 /€8.99) - RELEASED IN JULY 2020
    • Silverstone Pack featuring 1975, 1991, 2001, 2020 versions (individually this will sell for US$ 9.99 / €8.99) - RELEASED IN AUGUST 2020
    • Nurburgring Pack featuring GP, Nordschleife & 24h layouts (individually this will sell for US$ 9.99 / €8.99) - RELEASED IN OCTOBER 2020
    • Spa-Francorchamps Pack featuring 1970, 1993, 2020 versions (individually this will sell for US$ 9.99 / €8.99) - RELEASED IN DECEMBER 2020
    • At least two more Track DLCs in the same mould of the ones above ( US$ 9.99 / €8.99 each)

Furthermore, this Season Pass covers all Expansion Packs and other Car & Track packages to be released in the 2020-2022 timeframe - these are packs currently confirmed, arranged to a certain theme, featuring cars, tracks or both, with base prices ranging from US$ 9.99 - US$ 19.99:

• Brazilian Grand Prix Legends - Pack featuring several World Championship cars won by Brazilian drivers
    • Historical Track Pack - Pack featuring historical variants of tracks featuring in the game
    • Street Supercars - Pack of road-legal Supercars
    • Racin´ USA - Pack featuring several North American cars and tracks, modern and historical
    • Adrenaline - Pack featuring several off-road & Extreme Motorsports cars and tracks

• Like Like x 1