Side mirrors are weird looking

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by nsw, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Member

Thanks, that did the trick for me in the BTCC 2016 mod. Resolution is fine now. :)
    But the rear view mirror still shows a very narrow road and very high crash barriers (it was like that with the low res mirror too)...
    I am not sure how to resolve that ?

2. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Member AMS2 Club Member

can you use this file in every sim?
    for every car? (AMS, rF1/2?) just curious since some "mirror.bmp" files have different proportions than 8192x512, so maybe other dimensions simply multiply x2 to get better resolution?

3. Angel Of Attack

Angel Of Attack Member

in rF2 the mirror could be adjust by ctrl+seat-adjust-key, could this be done in AMS as well?

• Like Like x 1
  4. macmaniacoes

macmaniacoes Member AMS2 Club Member

LEFT shift+adjust seat keys work for me

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Member

@Angel Of Attack
    @macmaniacoes
    Are you guys talking about the virtual mirrors (which I don't use) ?
    Left Shift + adjust seat shows a changing mirror position in the overlay, but none of the mirrors (in car, left and right mirrors) moves.
    Ctrl (left or right) + seat adjust results only in seat adjusting...

6. macmaniacoes

Nope, virtual mirrors and in-car mirrors use the same image, left shift+seat keys move that image, so both moves, no difference, which is a known limitation, because that means you can't adjust each mirror independently. Are you testing this with a mod? Or maybe you did some file editing you forgot?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Member

Thanks, noticed some movement in the mirrors in both vanilla and (some) mod cars now, but it is very minor (which is probably why I did not notice it yesterday). My seat adjustments are mapped to rotary dials on my button box and it takes a lot of turning to move them, but even from -100 to +100 is not much of a change.

8. macmaniacoes

It is indeed, clearly a legacy from the past. Something like the way is done in ETS2 would be a massive improvement, specially for head tracking or VR, but I think we'll have to wait to Reiza17 to see some improvement (hopefully)

9. Angus94

Angus94 New Member

can someone please point towards a good tutorial on how to do rfactor/Automobilista mirrors, from go to whoa, ive never done them before and need to get my head around them

thanks