1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2022.

1. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

And I'll be splatting others with boiling race fuel by blowing my engine to shreds when I test out AMDM :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

MOTORSPORTS is making a stand alone Indy car sim that’s suppose to be out this year. Maybe that’s causing some issues? Obviously NTT and Penske hasn’t given exclusive licenses (thankfully)

3. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Why dont you read what Renato wrote instead of making these assumptions?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Those were random breakdowns?

5. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

I’m not making any assumptions. I’m just stating what MOTORSPORTS is doing. Maybe what I wrote is not to your understanding

6. Raphael Camelo

Raphael Camelo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

*spin faster :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This has already be discussed at length by many over many many many posts (pleas go back and read). None of us know anything at this point so everything is an assumption...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The only thing that is not an assumption is that indeed MSG has an exclusive by contract.
    And that the contract has clauses that will allow INDY to terminate it and re-market the rights if certain LAUNCH or RE-LAUNCH dates are not met.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Reminder with regard to the Indy Car situation, so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle, please read this:

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

Can someone explain to me something real quick? The exclusivity contract Indycar signed with MSG, it is for the championship or (almost) everything indycar related, car license included? Wondering if it's not something like the exclusity contract MSG has for the 24h of Le Mans where the contract is for the event but the track itself can still be licensed.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
  12. Ettore

It's for the championship rights. Tracks (as mentioned in the contract) are not included. Actually according to the contract INDY will do their best effort "at no out of pocket money cost" to facilitate MSG by acquiring rights to market the championship tracks in videogames in their dealings with track owners, but if that doesn't happen, MSG has the obligation to acquire all of the necessary rights for all the tracks of the calendar.
    Same would likely be for WEC I would imagine, unless WEC forces track owners to give marketing rights availability to WEC promoter in order to be accepted in the calendar.
    Promoters in general may reserve/force rights to commercialize the tracks that are part of the calendar within the context of the rights to the championship, but definitely not "exclusive" meaning they couldn't prevent the track from selling its rights separately elsewhere.
    Typical example is Spa in F1 2022 and pretty much any other sim in the market.

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Do we know the fate of the rest of the racing USA pack yet?

14. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know the MSG game would be a disaster if it ever released, but it's kind of sad that the original vision they had will probably never materialize. Any Reiza content will probably just be limited DLC, most likely no full IndyCar calendar, no full championship mode, etc

I'd definitely take AMS2 content over whatever broken mess MSG would spew out, but maybe someday a full IndyCar game could become a thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Laulenture

Good to know, but what about the car? Lot of people speculate that the car's release might be cancelled, and while I don't believe that will be the case is the car's license separate from MSG's deal like it is for the tracks?
    While it makes total sense for the MSG deal to not include the track licenses since they are their own entities independent from the championship, I think Indycar probably owns the commercial rights for the car since they commissioned its creation.

16. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't let that Indy know. Not that reiza get forced to develop a full Indy game...;)

17. Ettore

Cars are never mentioned in the contract, which gives me the impression that they totally belong to IMS in terms of IP.

18. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Wouldn’t you think that MSG will get the same car that RF2 released not too long ago.

19. Laulenture

Sounds to me like the car's license is still free to be negotiated by Reiza if MGS' contract doesn't even mention it. Good.

20. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

True, but given their recent NASCAR releases, it would probably be a dumpster fire.

• Agree Agree x 2