1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Member AMS2 Club Member

I played a bit longer on a few different combos but honestly It all felt off.. I don't know if its my setup, I'm using default settings for my t300rs but I still couldn't get a decent feeling for the sim. Still at least I didn't have any more ctd's. I really want to love this sim, but I have never managed to make it feel like I'm connected to the car

2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

When will they update the website with the new content?

3. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the thoughtful analysis on the trainer issue. You are probably right in that the tyre revisions have made it more like their real life counterparts. If these drifty cars are here to stay then the AI needs a serious rework because currently they drive the FTs like they are on rails

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Last week I upgraded from a RTX 1060 to a 2060. But my image quality was worse than the 1060 and the frame rate wasn't better. So I tried a lot of setting (trial and error), but it wasn't good enough.
    Then I found this: NVIDIA Inspector Latest Version 1.9.7.8 Download For Windows (Nvidia Inspector). There is a special option to choose AMS2, so you will get the best setting for your Nvidia GPU. The Inspector finds the GPU you have installed. This solved my problem with the poor images and the low FPS. Look at the video on how to use this program.

• Useful Useful x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

This.

And remember that the "Default+" profile is for people who want this extra "flavour" FFB. If you prefer more basics, then use "Default."

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

A new hotfix is live.

Restart steam client if you don't see it.

We will expand on F-USA further for later complementary fixes but they should be back to drivable state now!

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Marc Collins

I said the tires appear to be overheating too readily. Especially the rears. I expect that to be adjusted (and they appear in the just-released hotfix changelog, so it may have already happened). If not today, soon.

A great counter-example to the trainers are the Caterham Super Sport and Superlight. These are drifty cars by design, and you are sitting over the rear axle almost, so that will add to the dizziness factor. Yet, their tires do not overheat too readily and to me feel wonderfully balanced and realistic. If you push them really hard, they will heat up past optimal and you can back off a bit to correct it. But under normal racing conditions, they are just there, doing their job. I look forward to the less drift-prone Trainers to get the same tire qualities as the Cats. Once they do, they will be equally addictive and can then perform their duty as trainers/starter cars for those wanting to explore open-wheel racing. Some of us are not of the belief that you could just jump into a F1 car (of any era) and immediately turn competitive laps. But that's another story for another day.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm nowhere near skilled enough to give you the best advice, but I've just done a few runs with F-USA gen 3 at Daytona oval (manual rolling start) - If in a Reynard then starting in first gear seems fine, you just have to be gentle on the throttle. Starting in second you can be much more aggressive with the throttle but bog down until the revs rise. I can't say I noticed much difference either way in terms of how much the AI (100-Medium or 100-Low) dropped me - certainly like you I can't match them at the start. For the first five seconds that is, after which there was always a massive pile up or two, plus so many subsequent solo crashes that there wasn't really a pack for me to chase. I was competitive with single cars though. Dunno about the Lolas, which I think have an error right now that makes them spin no matter what you do.

9. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm really enjoying the basic F1 trainer (for which I was not familiar), although the AI at 100% is indeed way too fast. At 90% it is more manageable although they are still super fast. I've been driving them at Spa and they pass Eau Rouge flat out, way too fast in a way it is impossible for the player to do.
    I've briefly tested the Advanced Trainer and do not like it as much as I find it much twitchy.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Marc Collins

You likely need to review your FFB settings in the game...start over with proper settings. This is assuming your wheel control panel is already using all default settings.

Here is a quick guide from me :)
    Automobilista 2 V1.3.0.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.0.1

• Like Like x 2
  11. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I just tried again following the latest hotfix. Formula USA gen1 and gen2 on Fontana.
    It's still not that. It was working fine when V1.4.0 was released.
    Now the level of the AI even at 70 is too high (yesterday I was playing well with a level 95 and there with 70 the AI is faster than me by more than 2 seconds). Also, cars slide too much on green light. They slipped a lot less yesterday.
    I give up for today.
    The first version of Saturday was playable for me, it is not anymore.
    I know Reiza will be able to correct this soon.

12. Darkmater

Darkmater Member

I like the improvements in 1.41, but I find the slim tires on vehicles like the Caterham to feel very slow motion hover crafty. It’s a very unsettling disconnected feeling to the road surface. It feels like there is never a tire grip bite point. So it’s smooth through the grip profile, but then it feels like hover crafty.

I also do find I am having a challenge dialing in my ffb on my dd1 to make it feel more synced to the vehicle I am driving. Using default+ 65 gain 10 low, 20 fx, 10 dampen. My wheel base dd1 setting:
    • SEN Auto
    • FF 45
    • FFS Peak
    • NDP 0
    • NFR 0
    • NIN 0
    • INT 2
    • FEI 100
    • FOR 100
    • SPR 100
    • DPR 100
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just did a 40 lap race on the classic Kyalami track with the Formula classics and the AI pitted 8 times. Before the update they pit at least once (mandatory pit), maybe twice.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. CrimsonEminence

Yes, apologies folks, the F-USA Oval variants will be overhauled.

The Team needs a break at this point after 2 months of a non-stop rollercoaster, we will amend later (not today anymore though) with a complementary hotfix to bring them back to life properly!

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

What generation of F-Classics?

16. Marc Collins

Look at my reply post to someone else two above yours.

17. Levelup1

Levelup1 Member AMS2 Club Member

I would like to say congratulations and thanks to REIZA, beta testers, and everyone else involved in making this great sim! It isn't much more to say that hasn't already been said.
    Besides, the greatest compliment I can give, "I can finally uninstall AMS1". Thanks for the memories old friend. Gone but not forgotten!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

that’s good news. I ran a 100%!race and I got my clock cleaned. Ran an 85% and they still walked me in the start 81 was a little too easy.

Can we have those tire heaters the Ai use lol

19. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula classic Gen 3 m1/2/3

Sorry about that

• Like Like x 1
  20. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Yes on a Sunday again
    Well deserved (break) :hurrayreiza: big stuff delivered small fixes to sort

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022