1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Manolo

Manolo Member

Solved the problem of the crash with ATMOS 1.4 and others in the combination V8 & Burstust .... but since too much nonsense has been said and now I'm going out I will attach the file as soon as I get back ... thanks to @Michael Enright ... very useful ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. EcoBrum

EcoBrum New Member

Dead****…. :whistle:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I see no need , it feels even better with the update. the more the physics improve , the better the custom rack gets imho.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can't wait to try it. Was it a simple fix?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Manolo

Manolo Member

How much bull**** in flurry says "mad chiwawa" is unbelievable thank goodness they keep him in beta with other friends... :D

No, no problem wait only a little correct, only same users are borked... :)

Look in private messages and if you want to let me know confirm ... ;)

---------------------------------

I returned at home now but I see that there is only one other scientist missing who will not resist saying his, let's wait for this other falsehood ... and then let's do a nice summary and a nice explanation on the errors never corrected on their files, on the teasing and on how much down some have fallen low on this forum .... good night everyone and sorry if I delay the public solution :)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Michael Enright

Yes, Notepad ++ is great for that sort of thing. It is what I used.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sardino

Sardino New Member

I found out about this thread yesterday and I’m trying to figure out which file is the right one for my base(thrustmaster ts-wv).For what I understood it seems that it is 1.4 Atmos with yaw…is it so? Could someone point me to where to download it?iAnd if this isn’t the appropriate which one would be the right one?
    Sorry for such a newbie question
    Thanks

8. Manolo

Manolo Member

Mr. @Sardino for ATMOS information wait for me to publish the 1.4 file with the FIX that solves the new incompatibility with the game version 1.4.1.0, now I'm out of house and I'm with my mobile phone, please wait … not being the Stakanov compiler, I'm just trying to decide the last details without any code changes (only deactivations), in order to deliver a stable file that does not create problems for users, with the same stability of Original and Derivates.

Regarding which file to use among all the existing ones, I can only tell you to try them all, the choice is yours and personal ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. TKracer

TKracer Member

So for a newbie who haven't followed all 278 pages.
    Is this the Daniel file everyone talks about this ?

# NAME: rFuktor 5.0.1 - By Karsten with Shadak & Panos
    # Best of Karsten Hvidberg
    # Custom force FFB File from Daniel V44

I've seen Rfuktor and Karsten before but this file also mentions a Daniel guy. I got a simucube 2, anything else I have to change or just follow the settings in the file?

10. Theo Lupu

Theo Lupu Active Member AMS2 Club Member

go back one page and look for the comment from Danielkart

11. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

I can totally recommend that file. It's on the previous page , second post from the top .
    I have a simplicity direct drive wheel and it works brilliantly for me . You will have to experiment with settings though as everyone has different opinions on what you should and shouldn't be feeling through the wheel.

12. Manolo

Manolo Member

THINGS NOT DONE AND THINGS NOT TRUE AND FALSE
    - I have not changed the ATMOS code;
    - there was no typing error (no one checked before speaking);
    - the length of the code was not the problem (no one removed lines before sentencing);
    - there were no problems related to physics (no one has proved anything) and from here to say that there was the wrong physics was as usual a coward;
    - the file manifested the bug only in an explicit configuration and only if you started the game with the Super V8 / Burstust combination otherwise the game would always work in any other situation, so you will understand that supporting the above is even more cowardly.

THINGS I HAVE ADJUSTED KNOWING THE PREVIOUS PROBLEMS AND THANKS TO THOSE FEW USERS WHO HAVE TESTED IN A USEFUL AND CONSTRUCTIVE WAY (I do not quote you but you know that I thank all of you):
    - Clean up only a few notes after the values (it has nothing to do with the fix but you have also come to say this);
    - Removed the redundant descriptions because the meaning was already clear from the name of the item and did not require repetition (this also has nothing to do with the fix but only to avoid making someone laugh stupidly and also like);
    - Removed the deadzone lines on the variables grip_fl, grip_fr, grip_rl and grip_rr, this too is not necessary for the fix if you want you can restore them from the previous file;
    - Removed the lines of code of the rear wheels for the activation of curb, kerb, tire_l, tire_r & slope ... only this was the code that, even if it worked everywhere, crushed the game in the only combination described above.

All the rest of the file and the code (98%) has remained unchanged and untouched ... I sincerely hope that the author Stakanov will return, who has a greater capacity and competence than me, but I perfectly understand why this absence.

These are the new ATMOS 1.4 FIX files which, as usual for the author Stakanov, i public in YAW and NO YAW version and i attached the Original Karsten File to allow comparison.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. EcoBrum

EcoBrum New Member

It seems ok now, thanks to everyone for the efforts made, on the rest I do not comment so as not to cheer or add ugliness.
    Good night.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. AntoAntoDD

AntoAntoDD Member

Perfect, no problem with this FIX and AMS2 update 1.4.1.0 and no CTD with combination car/track V8/Bursturst thanks to all of you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Michael Enright

I will do some more checking today, but it seems the initial problem of trying to load Bathurst and Super V8 first up is fixed. Unfortunately I now get Random CTD. This may not even be related to the file so I will continue to experiment. I do not, however, get these Random CTD with the No Yaw file. Mmmmm. Hopefully just a glitch.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Manolo

Manolo Member

@EcoBrum, @AntoAntoDD
    And it does not end here, I am with ease but calmly creating 5-6 ATMOS files, the first is the latter 1.4 FIX, then without changing the tuning, I will create the others by replacing the bases of the 5.0.1.4 code with that of Karsten's files in version 5.0.1, 5.0.1.3, Mix 5.0.1-5.0.1.4 and 5.0.1.4, so that the user can easily compare with your taste the evolution of Karsten's code in ATMOS format without differences between the values of the tunes.
    From this it is easy to understand that if the user knew what to do, he could take any file (his favorite) and turn it into an ATMOS version.
    Stop being respectful and we begin to understand the difference between peoples that tuning and peoples that adapting the code, even copying the values of others to learn how to achieve their goals and make comparisons correctly without anyone telling us what to do or what to use. Time for this 2-3 day!!!

For now I'd like to talk about hidden errors that don't create crushes or problems, unaware to users who boast their praise. Let's wait a few files ....

17. Manolo

Manolo Member

For now we have notice that this CTDs are random with files ffb in folder or no, and with a lot of pc but not with all pc, i think a glitch, in my pc not happen for now and i have delete all folder documents/AMS2 … but i think whitout evidence that is the game … i hope in a fast solution.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Michael Enright

I played for prob 2 to 3 hours today. No crashes, glitches or anything, so you are prob correct about it being just a random thing. Hope so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Manolo

Manolo Member

Even among us we have noticed this tendency to stability, I still have never had crashes, but those who have sporadically had it since yesterday morning no longer have any, a symptom of progressive stabilization of the game, if I am not saying nonsense and if I am not mistaken, silent updates have also arrived on the game's *. exe in the meantime.
    Anyway good symptom thanks for the feedback @Michael Enright . ;)

20. Michael Enright

Maybe I will try un commenting those lines of code, and try it again with the latest AMS2 version. Can't hurt. If it works, great. If not, just comment them out again.:)