1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Oh,I love the horrible old thing, it makes me grin. Reiza got it about right. But "refined" is not a word that will ever be used to describe it, LOL!

About all I need to do to perfect driving it in AMS2 is turn the thermostat up until I'm miserable, then it will be spot on. :p

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

I tried the Lotus 49 because I thought I saw F-Vintage in the list of classes with AMDM and wanted to see how susceptible they were to mechanical breakdowns. The long and short of it is, it stayed in one piece and turned out to be an immensely neat drive, with great progressive feel.
    Really far outside of what I usually go for, but a great surprise and very different from what I remember x builds ago when I parked it after 2 laps or so.
    This is what I enjoy so in this sim; these unexpected love affairs.
    Also, avoiding contact like your life depends on it is way more fun than it has any right to be...

I dunno whats up with the F-USA atm, but once that gets properly sorted, I expect I'll fall for the oval stuff as well.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I dont know if its worth Reiza inventing multiclass oval racing rules, when the FCY mechanics are still evidently WIP. I would like it to be called safety car or VSC when running on normal tracks, and crew chief implementation is obviously important.

I did notice that sometimes if you accidentally overtake an ai during FCY, the ai will follow you instead of overtaking if you try to yield to the ai

4. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

Thanks, Reiza...enjoying many of the new things. Have a beer or two.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Yep, I noticed that too especially when they're behind you. You got to move to a different lane and slow down for them to pass you.

First time experience FCY today, that was cute they all swaying left and right as they wait for the greenlights lol.

AIs racing definitely need to improve. I like to see competitive racing whether I am racing with the skills set to 90 or 100, AIs should still be competitive OR whether the aggressiveness is high or extreme, AIs should be great and not reckless. I have tried multi-classes and it seems like for competitiveness sake, it doesn't make sense to race multi-classes since every car have different speed and power and who knows what other advantages.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
  6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

All the adjustments to the tires (stiffness, treads, etc.) have thrown some of the FFB "steering weights" out-of-whack with where they were before. There will be some adjustments, but with so many cars to edit and massage, feel free to use the per-car FFB Gain adjustment in the short run. The good thing is if you notice a change in the future, you can adjust it again...maybe back to 100 ;)

The same goes for AI speeds. They all have to be adjusted (and some already have as per the change log) to align their speeds with the player car's new adjusted speed due to the tire changes (and sometimes other adjustments, too).

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

What the heck is radiator opening? I don't even mess with these stuffs.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Its literally how much air is getting in to cool the engine. It causes a lot of drag and Its 80% by default. Close it up a little and you'll go faster, but not too much or the motor will melt.

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Radiators help cool an engine via air passing over a "grill." Similar to what is in your road car. But they also create aerodynamic drag, so on a race car there is usually an adjustable panel that can block a certain portion of the radiator to help make the car more slippery and faster. However, if it is hot outside, or you drive very aggressively, you can then overheat and damage the engine. So care is required.

Like every garage set-up option, it is always a compromise of some sort...gains here for losses there.

10. Lele

Lele New Member

I will make an stupid question but where is the option to enable the full course yellow?
    Thanks

11. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Yep, under "Rules and Regulations".

12. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Yep, found it. I normally only check the gameplay option menu and thought that was it with penalty set to "on." But never bother checking the rules/regulations option on the menu where you select the car. I totally never pay attention to it all these years of playing haha.

• Like Like x 1
  13. sedesa tatasa2

sedesa tatasa2 BANNED BANNED AMS2 Club Member

These street tires are too slippery.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You primarily compete within your own class. Multi-class races shine in endurance, when there's time for the slower classes to get lapped and all classes have to do traffic management. It changes the race experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For worse, but that is personal opinion though.

I'm incredibly ignorant regarding motorsports, so I always thought the only reason real life races do multiclass is to cut costs.

16. Billy Blaze

Billy Blaze Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 11
  17. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Ok, please let me THANK YOU for recommending this car/track combo. I honestly haven’t had this much fun racing in a very long time!!! Copa Classic B Passat + Taruma are absolutely a BLAST together!! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jivesauce

Jivesauce Colin Alexander AMS2 Club Member

For what it's worth, "don't have high peak grip but fastest at a fairly generous slip angle" is a pretty accurate description of a bias ply racing tire. They definitely operate well at higher slip angles than a modern radial tire, and also have a more progressive transition between grip states.

I found this chart that shows it well:
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, I remember Tanner Foust in several interviews talking about how difficult it was switching between World Rallycross and Red Bull Global Rallycross because of the difference in bias ply vs. radials. One series benefitted from a more sideways, aggressive approach, whereas the other needed less angle and more precise inputs. The cars were very similar in each series, but the tires were different enough to need completely different driving styles.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Ahh, now that I know what it is, I might have to try it out to speed up my car. The announcer keep mentioning something hot and I don't even care lol.

• Funny Funny x 1