1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Figured you would be, but only reposted ref ratio.
    Plenty of other good stuff to run with( later in day). Running in low light and assessing sparks as well as cars is 1

2. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

You are reckless! Thanks for all your work guys!

I'm not yet in my home until this afternoon (UTC -3). I tested the release by the steamlink* in Saturday to get a flavor, but never drove properly. Today I will do it in the rig. I have the same hype people most had on Saturday morning :p

I'll try to collect issues if they happen to properly report them in the bug thread.

* offtopic, but btw, I never used steamlink before, just set it up to test the release. It works like a charm even by using internet. Of course it is not be suitable to use AMS2 or any real-time input software properly, but for turn-based games and that kind of thing it is amazing.

EDIT: LOL I wanted to write "tireless", not "reckless". Not a native English speaker as you see, I'll keep the original message since I find it sort of funny :oops:.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

My view comes purely from virtual racing, but I can imagine costs being a big reason for it in real life.

4. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Member AMS2 Club Member

.... over 1000 words in the CHANGELOG, but once again nothing for the MP ... just sad! :(

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Really well done REIZA:D
    Especially F-Trucks are great. A longterm dream came true.
    After fitting the physics, will be there more liveries, current model types of VW, Mercedes-Benz, Iveco, Volvo, Scania as listed here?:
    Pilotos – Copa Truck
    By the way, "Vulkan" truck doesn't seem to be so fictional -- it's a Volvo
    51935546846_95ac356953_c.jpg
    So, come on and make it perfect as it was in Formula Truck 2013 SIM and AMS1 - with Safety-Truck and speed trap and all the rules.
    And maybe with Autodromo Potenza or Rivera?
    Would be perfect:)
    KEEP GOING

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You are probably better off using Crew Chief anyway. Much better.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I feel your pain. which is why I have never bothered to work on setups. They can take an inordinate amount of time to develop and refine. I also asked very early on for setup screens to be like they are (or maybe were) in RF2 where you can compare the current one to previous setups available in a list to select from. As a former coder, it is not difficult coding to do this. I would still love to see a feature like that which properly supports this technical activity especially for serious racing league interests.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

I tested the Caterham Superlight at Velo Citta and that’s not fixable with FFB settings.
    That car felt like driving an old school csl elite wheel on a PS4 driving game.
    I could drift it around every corner, opposite lock, counter steer central, was actually really good fun, but agreed very floaty and the only road details I got were over kerbs and the odd straight. The only FFB I was getting was when I was over doing it, whilst drifting around corners.
    I have to be honest I was having a blast drifting it around that circuit, it was PS4 nostalgia hitting me and making me smile.
    I’d say that car needs a fix from the devs and I would get your base settings dialled in with another car for now and wait for it to be fixed or have a blast drifting it like I just did!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 arrived in 2020, with this update AMS2 arrived

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 has something like 90 different classes of cars, at least based on the number of custom AI files available (e.g., F3, GT3, P1, etc.), and it wasn't until August 27. 2022 that Reiza, by their own admission in the release notes, produced a version of the AMS2 that provides an initial attempt to provide a satisfactory level of driving physics across the entire sim. So, in the big picture of high-end simulation development, Reiza's priorities up to this point seem justifed. Of course, if nothing about MP is mentioned--to your satisfaction, at least--in the next few updates, give 'em hell, Rambo....

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
  11. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The changes to Multiplayer were summarized using over 100 words, in the August development update:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Αre superkarts somehow "broken"? I cant seem to go straight with this specific vehicle..:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Maser V6

Just because there are no words in Log about MP does not mean nothing has changed.
    Beta multiplayer test are carried out weekly for the most part and as recently with more than 2 and 3 tests a week.
    These are Multiplayer tests.
    Aside from testing anything else the clue is in the name.
    Hence 15-25 players in any of the given weekly test sessions. This is aside from internal testing that takes place.
    So no words does not necessary mean no action or assesment.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry, but with all due respect for your enthusiasm and dev protection that you want to give here. But the truth is different!
    A large collection of specific bugs and errors, but above all missing features, have been reported by the MP community for more than 2 years. Nevertheless, not a single one has made it into any Changolg to date.
    I hope you can understand the recurring disappointment of e-sports, league operators and MP fans who are longingly waiting for at least 1-3 things to be actively changed for us.... but none???

It is comparable to a love relationship.... You have sworn to your wife for years, who keeps complaining about being neglected, that you absolutely love her, but you bring the roses to someone else.... and she can only watch how the others are satisfied.... bad, isn't it?

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

See the Renato quote from the August development update, specifically this bit:
    These changes were not in the changelog, but they are in v1.4

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

that’s crazy how some are experiencing this. For me the Ai is like super Ai. The Reynard Honda I tweaked the setting, lowered the front and raised the rear, among some other stuff. Looking forward to the hot fix

17. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

I’m new (December) to ams2 but sim racing since the inception. This industry as a whole, they throw stuff out and let the users be the QC. As far as bugs not being fixed 2 yrs out, that’s crazy. For me, I couldn’t believe the inability of not adjusting the mirrors, that’s pretty arcade to me. Now you can adjust but you can’t see the car lol
    I like the feel of some of the cars compared to iracing. The GTE cars feel better. The GT3 cars do not. Some cars you’ll go 5 laps with TT 118f and tires are still cold? Anyway

18. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The only time I get a floaty feeling is when I am over the limit and the wheel goes light indicating that I have lost grip and in a slide. How and when that occurs is apparently completely customizable had has been discussed a lot in the FFB threads. Daniel also just released v44. Give it a try...

• Like Like x 1
  19. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I can agree with you about the rearview mirrors not showing your car in the back, it feels too unrealistic, especially with VR or triple screen.
    As for the tires, on the other hand, I find them very true on temperatures. Yesterday we did the qualifying in interlagos, it had rained 2 hours before the track was still wet in some places but above all it was 19 ° C = 66 ° F
    It took me two laps to get the best from the tires, on the first lap the tires didn't have the right grip, but after hitting 90 ° C = 194 ° F I was able to push and take advantage of the grip the tires gave me.
    One important thing that I noticed immediately, it is not enough to say 2-3 laps and the tires must reach the right temperatures !! But I noticed that you have to know how to warm them up, I saw players yesterday who could not warm them up because they did not reach the grip limit on the tires, and therefore did not warm them up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Maser V6

No need to apologies:), my enthusiasm is not that different than yours, even if to you it may seem not.
    Could be perceived as protection by some yes, However I just stated Facts.
    Pls do not assume my post are 'protective' of devs I can be critical but I prefer constructive based on facts
    'no words does not necessary mean no action or assesment.'
    I do understand and have read all your posts and Renato's answers to them and others , since ams2 launch on the subject + many others and agree with many.
    I have also seen many things improve though you acknowledge '*none' and prefer to quote 'demand' ,,,maybe down to translation as you have said before.
    I have no doubt that during this week there will be more 'fix's to this release and further official Multiplayer tests though as stated in this thread by admin a 'break' of some sort is due to at least some in the dev team.

• Like Like x 7